Can Geddy Dance? (Spoiler Forum Thread)

Lorraine

If you watch him, he always, always is moving with the beat. He's the only one that does it. Yes, you will see Alex tapping his foot, but Geddy's body is always moving. It's as if he can't help himself.

That made me wonder.....

If anyone here knows him personally, is he a good dancer? He has to be with his sense of rhythm and beat.

Sometimes though I wonder what he is tapping his foot to. I would have to go back and check what song during the Tulsa show (I think it was the Hemi Prelude) , I don't know where he was getting the beat from or what he was counting out, because his foot tapping didn't jive with the music. He was waiting to start to play his bass again.

I found it interesting to watch.

Just wondering if anyone else here ever noticed how well he moves with the beat.

• Like 1

Well, take it from someone who does exactly what Dirk does when he performs. I suppose you may be right. He does seem to dance and move around a lot during his time onstage. But, I doubt he's a "professional" dancer. But, he sure is interesting to watch.

EDIT: Also, he's only ten years from Flea. :LOL:

Edited by Freddy Lee

Well, take it from someone who does exactly what Dirk does when he performs. I suppose you may be right. He does seem to dance and move around a lot during his time onstage. But, I doubt he's a "professional" dancer. But, he sure is interesting to watch.

EDIT: Also, he's only ten years from Flea. :LOL:

Maybe I didn't explain it well.

When I went to dancing school, our teacher taught us that a sense of timing and beat is everything to a dancer. If you have no sense of rhythm, you may as well stay seated and never grace a dance floor.

Geddy obviously has a real sense of beat and rhythm. If he didn't, you wouldn't see him do more than tapping his foot, like Alex does.

If you watch him, he always, always is moving with the beat. He's the only one that does it. Yes, you will see Alex tapping his foot, but Geddy's body is always moving. It's as if he can't help himself.

That made me wonder.....

If anyone here knows him personally, is he a good dancer? He has to be with his sense of rhythm and beat.

Sometimes though I wonder what he is tapping his foot to. I would have to go back and check what song during the Tulsa show (I think it was the Hemi Prelude) , I don't know where he was getting the beat from or what he was counting out, because his foot tapping didn't jive with the music. He was waiting to start to play his bass again.

Just wondering if anyone else here ever noticed how well he moves with the beat.

Yes, I have noticed, strangely, what can I say, I am weird sometimes :) My husband and I were taking swing dancing lessons recently and then like the next day I was watching the CA tour video. I noticed a similar thing, Geddy has such an inner sense of rhythm or timing; I am weird because I thought "I bet that would make him good at swing dancing!"

• Like 1

You have to have a really good sense of time to be a bass player, and especially one as great as Geddy. Moving to the beat just helps him keep time. Some bassists do it more than others..and then you have John Entwistle. :LOL:
  • Like 6

You have to have a really good sense of time to be a bass player, and especially one as great as Geddy. Moving to the beat just helps him keep time. Some bassists do it more than others..and then you have John Entwistle. :LOL:

Or Bill Wyman

• Like 3

http://31.media.tumblr.com/e0ec68f5b66e6d3baea138254f85b2fa/tumblr_n48dcyJ9KU1sa22pxo1_400.gif

http://31.media.tumblr.com/f6821146c3f06522bd2c01a9aca9ee43/tumblr_n48dcyJ9KU1sa22pxo2_400.gif

yes. :)

• Like 4

That made me wonder.....

Yes, I have noticed, strangely, what can I say, I am weird sometimes :) My husband and I were taking swing dancing lessons recently and then like the next day I was watching the CA tour video. I noticed a similar thing, Geddy has such an inner sense of rhythm or timing; I am weird because I thought "I bet that would make him good at swing dancing!"

Especially this tour, he seems to be moving more than ever. He moves his shoulders a lot with the music. Or his arm when its free. Or he'll move his body. It's hard for him to keep still.

In fact, I would like to know just what he did with himself during the time off between CA and R40. He looks better than ever. His body looks to be in prime shape without an ounce of excess fat or flab anywhere. Even his hair looks better now than it did during the CA tour.

• Like 1

Why is that?

Why is that?

Because you keep the beat along with the drummer.

• Like 1

That made me wonder.....

Especially this tour, he seems to be moving more than ever. He moves his shoulders a lot with the music. Or his arm when its free. Or he'll move his body. It's hard for him to keep still.

In fact, I would like to know just what he did with himself during the time off between CA and R40. He looks better than ever. His body looks to be in prime shape without an ounce of excess fat or flab anywhere. Even his hair looks better now than it did during the CA tour.

Yeah, I'd love to get me some of that anti aging potion! (Was just going to say love to get me some of that but it came across pretty crude ha ha !)

• Like 3

That made me wonder.....

Yeah, I'd love to get me some of that anti aging potion! (Was just going to say love to get me some of that but it came across pretty crude ha ha !)

Do you think he has cosmetic surgery done on his face? I have to find some good close-up shots of his face from this tour and study them carefully to see if I can figure out what, if anything, is different.

• Like 1

That made me wonder.....

Do you think he has cosmetic surgery done on his face? I have to find some good close-up shots of his face from this tour and study them carefully to see if I can figure out what, if anything, is different.

I would say definitely not. From seeing him up close he looks like he's aged quite a bit since the last tour.

That made me wonder.....

Have you not seen the pic in the Presto tourbook with Geddy in his dressing room at the vanity with the collection of all the different noses? So you know he changes his nose regularly :popcorn:

Edit; It was actually Roll The Bones Tour Book

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

That made me wonder.....

Have you not seen the pic in the presto tourbook with Geddy in his dressing room at the vanity with the collection of all the different noses? So you know he changes his nose regularly :popcorn:

I didn't get the presto tourbook, but I do have a few pirate pictures of his wig collection. :yes:

• Like 3

That made me wonder.....

Have you not seen the pic in the presto tourbook with Geddy in his dressing room at the vanity with the collection of all the different noses? So you know he changes his nose regularly :popcorn:

I didn't get the presto tourbook, but I do have a few pirate pictures of his wig collection. :yes:

Pleae note edit on my post afte thinking about it I realized I wa mistaken it was RollThe Bones my apologies for the confusion

Here's some gif-esque demonstrations of Private Dancer Ged ;). I always think he looks so cute when he does a jig.

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab69/nekolennon/ged%20dancin%20gif7.gif

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab69/nekolennon/ged%20dancin%20gif8.gif

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab69/nekolennon/ged%20dancin%20gif5.gif

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab69/nekolennon/ged%20dancin%20gif4.gif

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab69/nekolennon/ged%20dancin%20gif1.gif

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab69/nekolennon/ged%20dancin%20gif6.gif

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab69/nekolennon/ged%20dancin%20gif2.gif

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab69/nekolennon/ged%20dancin%20gif3.gif

• Like 2

Didn't he just stand there? :P

Here's some gif-esque demonstrations of Private Dancer Ged ;). I always think he looks so cute when he does a jig.

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab69/nekolennon/ged%20dancin%20gif7.gif

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab69/nekolennon/ged%20dancin%20gif8.gif

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab69/nekolennon/ged%20dancin%20gif5.gif

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab69/nekolennon/ged%20dancin%20gif4.gif

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab69/nekolennon/ged%20dancin%20gif1.gif

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab69/nekolennon/ged%20dancin%20gif6.gif

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab69/nekolennon/ged%20dancin%20gif2.gif

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab69/nekolennon/ged%20dancin%20gif3.gif

Le :sigh: ..! :wub:

Didn't he just stand there? :P

Yep, that was my point. :)

• Like 1