a thought about a certain song on the dvd (Spoilers, stay away)

D3strukt

So, i'm noticing Geddy is being lazy with jacobs ladder, I.E. triggering a sample with one finger (no wonder he's bored as shit).

I can't tell if he's actually playing the solo during the synth solo part, however, it would be unwise to show him at all during the DVD at that part, since if he isn't actually playing the actual keys and is only triggering the solo that would be incredibly boring to watch.

If someone can aleviate this fear, please feel free to do so. Normally when he solos on it, it shows his fingers working away, like on the moog during TS and Subdivisions.

So, i'm noticing Geddy is being lazy with jacobs ladder, I.E. triggering a sample with one finger (no wonder he's bored as shit).

I can't tell if he's actually playing the solo during the synth solo part, however, it would be unwise to show him at all during the DVD at that part, since if he isn't actually playing the actual keys and is only triggering the solo that would be incredibly boring to watch.

If someone can aleviate this fear, please feel free to do so. Normally when he solos on it, it shows his fingers working away, like on the moog during TS and Subdivisions.

As someone who saw it live I can assure you he is playing that part.

Didn't he mess up the intro to Subdivisions one night? Was it Philly? No. It was the first Toronto show. A night that will live in Rush infamy. :yes:

What happened? When did it happen? :)