My little visit to Le Studio

Supersyl

So sad to see that place in such disrepair... It's even worse than when Neil visited......... If anyone visits, please be respectful of the place, it's sad enough seeing it like that....... The main room has actually been re-done since the Rush videos from Moving Pictures. The room used to end where the wooden post to the right of the pic is (And that first ceiling beam in the foreground). That was the wall where the patio door was, and you can see the old wall limit under the "2015" in my watermark in front of which Neil's drums were... I don't know what year it was rebuilt, and if Rush ever recorded in that bigger room....

19454951976_82f4b04914_k.jpgLe Studio by Sylvain Poitevin-Nadeau, on Flickr

19512918981_6e57bc288e_k.jpgCathedral Of Music... Cathédrale De La Musique by Sylvain Poitevin-Nadeau, on Flickr

Edited by Supersyl
  • Like 5

How were you able to get inside? Isn't it locked up?

Probably the same way Neil did (And other Rush fans who have been there--they've left messages!, squatters, and maybe bears too!!). Through what USED to be a door.... :ph34r:

Probably the same way Neil did (And other Rush fans who have been there--they've left messages!, squatters, and maybe bears too!!). Through what USED to be a door.... :ph34r:

I visited there recently too. It looks like the next step for the place is the wrecking ball. The place has multiple ways for anyone or anything to get in. I was watching for any wildlife that might be living there while I explored. Still a cool place to visit. A lot of history in that place. I'm glad I got to see it before it comes down completely.

• Like 4

I visited there recently too. It looks like the next step for the place is the wrecking ball. The place has multiple ways for anyone or anything to get in. I was watching for any wildlife that might be living there while I explored. Still a cool place to visit. A lot of history in that place. I'm glad I got to see it before it comes down completely.

That's so sad. Makes more sense as to why no one would want to buy it.

That's so sad. Makes more sense as to why no one would want to buy it.

It's only worth the value of the land. The building is worth squat at this point.

• Like 1

It's be fun to take my guitar and a practice amp and to a Tom Sawyer video right there.

Assuming there's electrical service to the building.

Group pilgrimage to Le Studio? I'll drive!

I'm in. It's 20 hours drive from my house. That's going thru Toronto!

We can stop at Lakeside Park on the way.

http://www.jd-photography.net/pics/IMG_2362.jpg