Jump to content


Kansas City, MO Periscope Thread - July 9th


294 replies to this topic

#281 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4652 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:15 PM

B was played? That means C will be in Vancouver!! YAY!!!

Sponsored Post

#282 DirkPrattLerxst

DirkPrattLerxst

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1139 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Iowa USA
  • Interests:Professional air bassist/drummer/guitarist

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:16 PM

View PostCygnus 2112, on 10 July 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

B was played? That means C will be in Vancouver!! YAY!!!
Unless they screw it up with Losing It again

#283 bordercollie

bordercollie

    Prime Mover

  • Members *
  • 652 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:27 PM

View PostDistantEarlySignals, on 10 July 2015 - 01:26 AM, said:

I noticed some film crews during TCE... They didn't get that one in TO.... For the DVD? Also, they did Anarchist and The Wreckers in soundcheck, although The Anarchist was cut short. However, The Wreckers in soundcheck had an extended jam at the end and an extra chorus after that.
There was also a cameraman filming the prop changes in the first set as well.

#284 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4652 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:39 PM

View PostDirkPrattLerxst, on 10 July 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

View PostCygnus 2112, on 10 July 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

B was played? That means C will be in Vancouver!! YAY!!!
Unless they screw it up with Losing It again

View PostDirkPrattLerxst, on 10 July 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:


View PostCygnus 2112, on 10 July 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

B was played? That means C will be in Vancouver!! YAY!!!
Unless they screw it up with Losing It again
They can mess with the first set, just as long as they keep Natural Science.

#285 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:41 PM

View PostLorraine, on 10 July 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 09 July 2015 - 10:17 PM, said:

That was one of the best sounding Xanadu's I've heard this tour.

Why do you say that?  Did they do something different?  :)

Yes. It was perfect.

#286 BowlCity

BowlCity

    Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

  • Members *
  • 10245 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas City
  • Interests:Video games, computer programming, guitar, Da Bears and Cubs

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:18 PM

Holy shit. I did a pretty good job at avoiding spoilers this tour and I'm so glad I did. This concert was the best Rush show I ever went to. I had no idea that the show was designed to go backwards chronologically, and I had no idea that they would open with none other than The Anarchist. That is absolutely insane and I'm glad they played the best songs from CA :haz: Nothing from Presto, and Counterparts was represented :dweez:

They played The Main Monkey Business and How It Is HOLY SHIT :haz:

Between The Wheels was another surprise and as soon as Geddy played those haunting chords I knew I was in for a treat from Alex, as I watched him tear the roof off with that Floyd Rose on his LP. Kickass tune.

One thing I was musing about over the last few months was when they were going to bust out Tom Sawyer and TSOR. Just one of those little things I like thinking about, since those two are always in a different spot each tour. I'm glad they put Tom Sawyer as the second set opener, I think it serves itself the best in that spot.

Xanadu was absolutely mindblowing. As were Hemispheres and Cygnus.

I could've lived without Lakeside Park, as that and Temples of Syrinx were the only times where Geddy was clearly having trouble. But apart from those, Geddy had a REALLY good night. I think having the benefit of going to the show after they took some time off really helped. Geddy was also a bit smarter with most of the material, changing some of the notes to better fit his range, like on Closer To The Heart and Anthem.

My dad and I were having a ball identifying all of the different instruments Ged and Lerxst brought out, like the ES-339 Alex played on Subdivisions, one f-hole on an otherwise regular LP, and that 12 string PRS he brought out for How It Is.

I knew they were going to play very early Rush, which isn't my first choice as a cup of tea, but Anthem was a nice treat, even if I'm not a fan of the Telecaster sound on that one. The single coils kinda muddy up the sound on that otherwise beefy song. And even though they played two songs from the debut, they absolutely killed it on Working Man and What You're Doing.

I'm so sad that I'll probably never get to see them again. What a way to go out.

#287 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:27 PM

View PostBowlCity, on 12 July 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:


My dad and I were having a ball identifying all of the different instruments Ged and Lerxst brought out, like the ES-339 Alex played on Subdivisions, one f-hole on an otherwise regular LP, and that 12 string PRS he brought out for How It Is.


The hollowbody Les Paul is a Memphis ES-Les Paul, not a 339.  

Glad you had such a great time.  :)

#288 BowlCity

BowlCity

    Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

  • Members *
  • 10245 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas City
  • Interests:Video games, computer programming, guitar, Da Bears and Cubs

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:27 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 12 July 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

View PostBowlCity, on 12 July 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

My dad and I were having a ball identifying all of the different instruments Ged and Lerxst brought out, like the ES-339 Alex played on Subdivisions, one f-hole on an otherwise regular LP, and that 12 string PRS he brought out for How It Is.


The hollowbody Les Paul is a Memphis ES-Les Paul, not a 339.  

Glad you had such a great time.  :)

Dammit, it was worth a guess!

#289 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:30 PM

View PostBowlCity, on 12 July 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 12 July 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

View PostBowlCity, on 12 July 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

My dad and I were having a ball identifying all of the different instruments Ged and Lerxst brought out, like the ES-339 Alex played on Subdivisions, one f-hole on an otherwise regular LP, and that 12 string PRS he brought out for How It Is.


The hollowbody Les Paul is a Memphis ES-Les Paul, not a 339.  

Glad you had such a great time.  :)

Dammit, it was worth a guess!

I can see why you would think it was a 339 but the body isn't quite right for that.

#290 BowlCity

BowlCity

    Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

  • Members *
  • 10245 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas City
  • Interests:Video games, computer programming, guitar, Da Bears and Cubs

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:37 PM

I am now coming out of hiding. Barely been active on TRF lately apart from the Cubs thread in OLV. Now that I've been to the show I'm back :dweez:

#291 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 69712 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:39 PM

View PostBowlCity, on 12 July 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

I am now coming out of hiding. Barely been active on TRF lately apart from the Cubs thread in OLV. Now that I've been to the show I'm back :dweez:
In other words...

Posted Image

#292 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5861 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:41 PM

View PostBowlCity, on 12 July 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

I am now coming out of hiding. Barely been active on TRF lately apart from the Cubs thread in OLV. Now that I've been to the show I'm back :dweez:

Welcome back! :)  Glad you had such a wonderful time at the show! ( Now you can watch the remaining nights on Periscope if you want!  Technology is awesome.)

#293 DirkPrattLerxst

DirkPrattLerxst

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1139 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Iowa USA
  • Interests:Professional air bassist/drummer/guitarist

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:57 AM

View PostBowlCity, on 12 July 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

Holy shit. I did a pretty good job at avoiding spoilers this tour and I'm so glad I did. This concert was the best Rush show I ever went to. I had no idea that the show was designed to go backwards chronologically, and I had no idea that they would open with none other than The Anarchist. That is absolutely insane and I'm glad they played the best songs from CA :haz: Nothing from Presto, and Counterparts was represented :dweez:

They played The Main Monkey Business and How It Is HOLY SHIT :haz:

Between The Wheels was another surprise and as soon as Geddy played those haunting chords I knew I was in for a treat from Alex, as I watched him tear the roof off with that Floyd Rose on his LP. Kickass tune.

One thing I was musing about over the last few months was when they were going to bust out Tom Sawyer and TSOR. Just one of those little things I like thinking about, since those two are always in a different spot each tour. I'm glad they put Tom Sawyer as the second set opener, I think it serves itself the best in that spot.

Xanadu was absolutely mindblowing. As were Hemispheres and Cygnus.

I could've lived without Lakeside Park, as that and Temples of Syrinx were the only times where Geddy was clearly having trouble. But apart from those, Geddy had a REALLY good night. I think having the benefit of going to the show after they took some time off really helped. Geddy was also a bit smarter with most of the material, changing some of the notes to better fit his range, like on Closer To The Heart and Anthem.

My dad and I were having a ball identifying all of the different instruments Ged and Lerxst brought out, like the ES-339 Alex played on Subdivisions, one f-hole on an otherwise regular LP, and that 12 string PRS he brought out for How It Is.

I knew they were going to play very early Rush, which isn't my first choice as a cup of tea, but Anthem was a nice treat, even if I'm not a fan of the Telecaster sound on that one. The single coils kinda muddy up the sound on that otherwise beefy song. And even though they played two songs from the debut, they absolutely killed it on Working Man and What You're Doing.

I'm so sad that I'll probably never get to see them again. What a way to go out.
It was truly a fantastic show :)

#294 DistantEarlySignals

DistantEarlySignals

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1244 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:45 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image



Some so/so photos that I took with a basic phone camera. Alex was on fire that night! I wish that I could live it all again!

Edited by DistantEarlySignals, 31 July 2015 - 05:46 PM.


#295 bordercollie

bordercollie

    Prime Mover

  • Members *
  • 652 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:12 PM

Me too!



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users