(Spoiler) For A Bunch Of Old Geezers....

Lorraine

I do have one question. Is Alex using a different guitar in the Hemispheres prelude during R40? It sounds different to me. It may be the video I have though.

That's probably because it's tuned down like 4 steps :D

I do have one question. Is Alex using a different guitar in the Hemispheres prelude during R40? It sounds different to me. It may be the video I have though.

Like they've been doing with 2112 since 1996, they've tuned down Hemispheres this tour (both Alex's and Geddy's instruments, obviously the drums can't be easily re-tuned on the fly). This allows Geddy to hit the high notes without wrecking his voice. So yes, it does sound different.

It sounds different because it's tuned down.

Can either one of you explain to me what that means? Do you mean that it is being played on different notes? It did sound slightly different, but I couldn't figure out why. I thought it was the guitar Alex is using.

What it means is that let's say you normally tune the top strings (the thickest ones) to an 'E' note.

Then instead if they tune it down a half step, it'd be an Eb (flat) or a whole step it'd be a D.

Then repeat for all the strings for the guitar and bass.

By lowering the notes it makes the song easier to sing, since Geddy doesn't have to go as high.

The side effect is that if you tune it lower by too much the song will start to sound mighty different.

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 1

At the shows everyone here attended, did everyone do the Ping!! during Hemispheres? :)

I, Bruce Dickenson, gotta' have more TRIANGLE!

At the shows everyone here attended, did everyone do the Ping!! during Hemispheres? :)

I did. :LOL: I quite like the tuned-down version. Sounds more…edgy

• Like 1

That's right, I forgot that isn't your favorite album. Did you cringe when they did it? :LOL: ;)

It was an amazing second half. I went in to it blind, only accidentally stumbling on to JL being played. It went too fast. So much to take in, not enough time.

Which is why a few tours back I started going to as many shows as I could afford and drive to....so worth it in my opinion. Even then I find that I want to go to more shows, and I see something new each time.

• Like 1

It was an amazing second half. I went in to it blind, only accidentally stumbling on to JL being played. It went too fast. So much to take in, not enough time.

Which is why a few tours back I started going to as many shows as I could afford and drive to....so worth it in my opinion. Even then I find that I want to go to more shows, and I see something new each time.

I know what you mean about seeing something new each time. I'm not going to shows, but I do watch videos of them a lot. Each time I watch one, I see something I didn't see before. Right now I am watching Tulsa again. This must be the fifth time at least. I picked something up this time that I never noticed before. The more I watch it, the more I love it. These three men amaze me.

Here's another question: that emcee in the John Travolta white suit in the video right before Rush's encore songs, is that Geddy?

Eugene Levy, from SCTV

• Like 1

http://38.media.tumblr.com/be81d776cd7bae2a0e4fb3cc068426c6/tumblr_n6ht5wjF8K1td73xio1_400.gif Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

Here's another question: that emcee in the John Travolta white suit in the video right before Rush's encore songs, is that Geddy?

Eugene Levy, from SCTV

It was hard to tell because of the camera angle. I thought it might have been Geddy because of the nose. It wouldn't have surprised me had it been him because the man has more talent than any one person needs. His range of talents go far beyond a bass player in a band.

Eugene Levy, from SCTV

It was hard to tell because of the camera angle. I thought it might have been Geddy because of the nose. It wouldn't have surprised me had it been him because the man has more talent than any one person needs. His range of talents go far beyond a bass player in a band.

Plays a fine Scotsman, and his Gershon is hilarious. Actually I think all three of them do a great job in that Time Machine video.

Eugene Levy, from SCTV

Plays a fine Scotsman, and his Gershon is hilarious. Actually I think all three of them do a great job in that Time Machine video.

I've asked this question before and no one answered me, maybe because they thought I wasn't serious, but...speaking of the Time Machine videos, is that fat man sitting next to Neil at the bar Alex? If it is, the man neither looks nor sounds like him - even remotely.

I also wonder who wrote Closer To The Heart in that polka beat.

oh that's probably something that just happens when they're goofing off one day.

Eugene Levy, from SCTV

I've asked this question before and no one answered me, maybe because they thought I wasn't serious, but...speaking of the Time Machine videos, is that fat man sitting next to Neil at the bar Alex? If it is, the man neither looks nor sounds like him - even remotely.

Yes, it is Alex.

I caught a shirt in MSG with Slobovich (the fat character) holding a sausage and repeating his famous joke about the last time someone touched his sausage.

• Like 1

Eugene Levy, from SCTV

Yes, it is Alex.

I caught a shirt in MSG with Slobovich (the fat character) holding a sausage and repeating his famous joke about the last time someone touched his sausage.

He's doing that voice too? Wow. He's as talented as Geddy.

Thanks, Led, for answering me!

Eugene Levy, from SCTV

Yes, it is Alex.

He's doing that voice too? Wow. He's as talented as Geddy.

Thanks, Led, for answering me!

I think my favorite bit is the laugh he does leaning back on his stool after that gag about the sausage.

• Like 2

Eugene Levy, from SCTV

It's Alex in a fat suit.

88b787cd236d286e4a6db7a9597910dc.jpg

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

That's right, I forgot that isn't your favorite album. Did you cringe when they did it? :LOL: ;)

No. I've said before, I like Prelude. I was happy to hear it. :)