TRF: celebrating our 10th year

LedRush

I've thought about that graphic, about the 'tenth year' thing...because actually if you count from 2004, the tenth year was 2013, not 2014.

:blink:

And so, in 2015...how shall we celebrate the 12th year?

A dozen cookies per member?

Or...a dozen cupcakes?

Are we planning on celebrating TRF's tenth year for 10 years?

Yes, we are. :ebert:

• Like 1

We're going by the anniversaries. Once we started seeing (10) after people's names on August 22nd of 2014, we decided to tie in the board's 10th anniversary, too.

The header with the "tenth year" thing will go away this August 22nd, to be replaced by something new. On that same day, sullysue will cease her 10th anniversary thread, and you guys can do anniversary threads for people like normal, whether those people are celebrating 10 years, 11 years, or whatever.

• Like 1

We're going by the anniversaries. Once we started seeing (10) after people's names on August 22nd of 2014, we decided to tie in the board's 10th anniversary, too.

The header with the "tenth year" thing will go away this August 22nd, to be replaced by something new. On that same day, sullysue will cease her 10th anniversary thread, and you guys can do anniversary threads for people like normal, whether those people are celebrating 10 years, 11 years, or whatever.

Great tribute for a great forum. It's changed a lot since I joined and will continue to do so. It's disappointing that many have come and gone that were great members. I'm trying to continue to stop in regularly.

• Like 4

You could make a new header every August 22nd.......

Celebrating Our 10 + 1th YEAR

Celebrating Our 10 + 2th Year

Etc., Etc.

;) ;) ;)

• Like 1

Etc., Etc.

;) ;) ;)

Or maybe just "11th year" and "12th year," etc.

I still want to make a new header, but maybe we can sneak that on there somehow, maybe make it not as conspicuous as it is now.

• Like 1

Etc., Etc.

;) ;) ;)

I still want to make a new header, but maybe we can sneak that on there somehow, maybe make it not as conspicuous as it is now.

How about just changing it to base 11, and leaving it the 10th year? The Rush Forum, 1566 to 1576 (base 11).

Then the next year it could be base 12 and so on...

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Etc., Etc.

;) ;) ;)

How about just changing it to base 11, and leaving it the 10th year? The Rush Forum, 1566 to 1576 (base 11).

f***in' nerd.

Etc., Etc.

;) ;) ;)

f***in' nerd.

In base 12 it would be 11B0 to 1200, by the way.

Etc., Etc.

;) ;) ;)

f***in' nerd.

In base 12 it would be 11B0 to 1200, by the way.

You're not helping...

I've thought about that graphic, about the 'tenth year' thing...because actually if you count from 2004, the tenth year was 2013, not 2014.

Or...a dozen cupcakes?

Do you use this same math for your birthday too?

Or...a dozen cupcakes?

Well, the logic follows that as I am 42 years old, I am currently embarked upon my 43rd year, yes. But I don't celebrate it all year long, no.

I guess since technically the anniversary of TRF is in August, then the tenth year ranged from the 22nd of August '13 to the same date in '14. So I do stand somewhat corrected.

In about six weeks from now, then, TRF will be celebrating its 12th year.

Or...a dozen cupcakes?

Well, the logic follows that as I am 42 years old, I am currently embarked upon my 43rd year, yes. But I don't celebrate it all year long, no.

I guess since technically the anniversary of TRF is in August, then the tenth year ranged from the 22nd of August '13 to the same date in '14. So I do stand somewhat corrected.

In about six weeks from now, then, TRF will be celebrating its 12th year.

We are celebrating being 10 years old, we have completed 10 full years.

We are celebrating all year to include everyone that joined the Forum it's first year in existence. They get a post by SullySue when they have completed their ten years.

Why does it matter anyway? We're a fan site for a band (the greatest in the world of course), with some of the most awesome people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, I'm not sure the exact moment of where the ten years falls is really that important.