How to become a Rush fan

EagleMoon

Cool how it mentioned reading the Yukon Blade Grinder...that's really sweet

:facepalm:

Now now...no facepalms allowed! Here's what it says:

Tips

• Go on You Tube and watch Rush in a Hunting Lodge... If you don't fall in love with Rush after this, you are heartless and hopeless...
  • After you have finished all the steps, keep listening to Rush. EVERY DAY. Don't listen to anything else. You can listen to some new songs, or revisit the songs from above.
  • Get as much rush memorabilia as possible. By this, I mean Posters, tickets to concerts, shirts, albums, etc.
  • If you're looking for a good t-shirt, one with the Star Man icon on it may be a good choice.
  • Watch these live performances: Exit Stage Left, A Show of Hands, All The World's a Stage, and Clockwork Angels Live.
  • Read every edition of the Yukon Blade Grinder. The source for stellar Rush humor. Search the website The Rush Forum for the "rare" editions. For some reason, those guys have finger on the pulse of the Rush universe.

Ad

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 3

What's wrong with just getting Chronicles and listening to all of it and becoming a fan? Worked for me. That whole process on that page is a good idea but it seems it would take too long for my liking.

Also, lol at going to the record store and buying Chronicles. I doubt many record stores carry it anymore. You also need to try and find a record store.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

In prefer the easy and fast way, listen to 2112 twice and you are done

This is precisely how I became an avid Geddycorn :LOL:.

What's wrong with just getting Chronicles and listening to all of it and becoming a fan? Worked for me. That whole process on that page is a good idea but it seems it would take too long for my liking.

Also, lol at going to the record store and buying Chronicles. I doubt many record stores carry it anymore. You also need to try and find a record store.

ebay...tons of copies

I don't know if this has been posted here before, I just saw it for the first time and thought it was great.

http://www.wikihow.c...sh-Fan-for-Life

Can I edit that and remove step 22?

:LOL: I thought that too when I read it. I think it's optional. :)

• Like 1

ebay...tons of copies

Yeah, the list needs to be updated to reflect the times.

Narps should like how ATWAS is recommended for purchase #2 !!

I was always just one step ahead of the curve. Of course there were only 4 studio albums at that time too so... :codger:
  • Like 2

My way in late 76'....

Step 1- Hear Caress Of Steel on 8 track in your friends car to intrigue you somewhat...

Step 2- Buy ATWAS for your first ever album purchase on the recommendation of another friend and wear it out...

Step 3- Beg your mother to buy you the first 4 studio releases for Christmas (which she did)...

Step 4- Impatiently wait for their next and best studio album ever to at long last be released and buy it first day it hits the store and proceed directly to wearing it out...

Step 5- Purchase Hemispheres the day it hit the store and wear it out...

Step 6- See them live for the first time on January 20, 1979 (Hemispheres tour)...

Step 7- Grow old, bald and grey with them :)

Edited by Narps
  • Like 6

My way in late 76'....

Step 1- Hear Caress Of Steel on 8 track in your friends car to intrigue you somewhat...

Step 2- Buy ATWAS for your first ever album purchase on the recommendation of another friend and wear it out...

Step 3- Beg your mother to buy you the first 4 studio releases for Christmas (which she did)...

Step 4- Impatiently wait for their next and best studio album ever to at long last be released and buy it first day it hits the store and proceed directly to wearing it out...

Step 5- Purchase Hemispheres the day it hit the store and wear it out...

Step 6- See them live for the first time on January 20, 1979 (Hemispheres tour)...

Step 7- Grow old, bald and grey with them :)

Very cool! Mine was like this:

Step 1 - Join a band as a bass player and the drummer puts on Xanadu over the PA. Sit, listen and be blown away.

Step 2 - Go out and buy AFTK's and be blown away

Step 3 - Go out and buy 2112...blown away again

Step 4 - Buy the ATWAS, Fly By Night, Caress of Steel and Rush in that order...blown away again.

Step 5 - Go to see them in concert on December1st, 1978. Amazed, and once again blown away.

Step 6 - See them in concert every chance I get until the Counterparts tour, then lost interest for a few years until S&A's.

Step 7 - See S&A's tour...once again blown away. Where have I been?

Step 8 - Still seeing them in concert. Can hardly believe it. So glad I've had this band with me most of my life.

Step 9 - And yes, the gray hair...sigh.

• Like 2

Humorous read, but pretty silly advice overall.

They tell you right off not to listen to FM radio for Rush, then in step 3 tell you to absorb yourself in the songs that are the most commonly played ON FM radio.

Telling you exactly which tracks you'll like more from particular albums is a fail.

And then advising you to listen to Feedback before CoS? I was looking for "April Fools!" at that point.

• Like 4

I don't think anyone can make themselves a Rush fan. You either are or you aren't. However, if you want to persuade anyone to love them, this method works wonders. :smash: :smash: :smash: Try it and see! :)

In extreme cases, see Mick and his infamous syringe of potent serum. :ph34r: :yes:

• Like 2