I need advice to choose my seat

Hi ! Nothing's sure at the moment but I may fly from France to Vancouver to see Rush.

I've never been to a concert in my life and I fail to understand which of the sections in blue (see here : http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/11004E35142D9448) would be the best to have a good experience sound-wise and being able to see the stage.

Is there a particular reason why section club 104 and 119 are less expensive than for example club 105 and 118 ? Also what does club mean ?

Sorry for all these noob questions and thank you ahead.

To me 185 or 118 as low as possible is the sweet spot. You can see everything. If you use the right earplugs the sound will be fine anywhere, depending on the venue of course.
  • Like 1

Thanks !

To me 185 or 118 as low as possible is the sweet spot. You can see everything.

I guess you meant 105 and not 185. I can't go any lower than row 17 in these 2 sections. There's still a low seat at row 5 in sector 117, I guess that would be the best choice.

If you use the right earplugs the sound will be fine anywhere, depending on the venue of course.

Do I risk damaging my hearing if I don't wear earplugs ? If the answer is yes, I'm gonna have to buy some because I don't have any.

I just read that, I guess I'm gonna buy some : http://www.metalinje...suffer-tinnitus

Can you recommand some good earplugs ?

Edited by Tuesday's Gone

Thanks !

I guess you meant 105 and not 185. I can't go any lower than row 17 in these 2 sections. There's still a low seat at row 5 in sector 117, I guess that would be the best choice.

If you use the right earplugs the sound will be fine anywhere, depending on the venue of course.

Do I risk damaging my hearing if I don't wear earplugs ? If the answer is yes, I'm gonna have to buy some because I don't have any.

I just read that, I guess I'm gonna buy some : http://www.metalinje...suffer-tinnitus

These. They don't block out sounds like the foam ones do but reduce the volume across the entire frequency band. A little pricey as earplugs go, but will last a long time and if you're flying from France, I doubt you're worried about $13 ear plugs. Etymotic

• Like 1

Thanks !

These. They don't block out sounds like the foam ones do but reduce the volume across the entire frequency band. A little pricey as earplugs go, but will last a long time and if you're flying from France, I doubt you're worried about $13 ear plugs. Etymotic

Thanks man ;)

I didn't wear ear plugs when I was younger partially because I tried foam ones that ruin the sound and partially because I suffered from young persons disease-the belief I was indestructible and would live forever and I regret it. I have some hearing damage now but am trying to avoid further damage. Leaving the show in May without ringing ears was a nice treat.

I didn't wear ear plugs when I was younger partially because I tried foam ones that ruin the sound and partially because I suffered from young persons disease-the belief I was indestructible and would live forever and I regret it. I have some hearing damage now but am trying to avoid further damage.

I could have written the above. After spending my last concert standing in front of an amp where it was too loud I finally bought some Etymotic ear plugs and will use them from here (hear!) on out.

not sure what amenities this venue has, but Club level usually means updgraded food options in the concourse, possibly a wider/more padded seat. My rule is unless I can be in the first ten rows on the floor, I prefer to be on the side in the lower bowl. In this case, the sweet spots would be Section 117 or 118. Most Rush fans prefer to be on our left (stage right) because you will have a much better view of Neil. The way his drums are set up, if you are on stage left (your right), your view of Neil may be blocked by how high his drums are on that side. Good luck with the ticketmaster game--and don't give up....good seats will likely pop up the day before and the day of the show if you can be patient and not panic.
  • Like 1

not sure what amenities this venue has, but Club level usually means updgraded food options in the concourse, possibly a wider/more padded seat. My rule is unless I can be in the first ten rows on the floor, I prefer to be on the side in the lower bowl. In this case, the sweet spots would be Section 117 or 118. Most Rush fans prefer to be on our left (stage right) because you will have a much better view of Neil. The way his drums are set up, if you are on stage left (your right), your view of Neil may be blocked by how high his drums are on that side. Good luck with the ticketmaster game--and don't give up....good seats will likely pop up the day before and the day of the show if you can be patient and not panic.

Thanks, that was very helpful ;)

Nothing's sure at the moment but I may fly from France to Vancouver to see Rush.

Inability to fly to Vancouver confirmed. For reasons I can't be bothered to explain :sigh:

I hope they're going to Europe someday so I get the chance to see them but I find it hard to believe which is why I wanted to go to Vancoucer.

Edited by Tuesday's Gone