Favorite R40 Performances/Moments

theprestobunnies

This goes for songs or otherwise:

As far as songs go, I think my absolute favorite after seeing the show was hands down Cygnus X-1.

Right from the beginning, the bass sound was just so awesome live, and then Geddy doing his little added diddles to the intro lick.

The drum solo added in the middle was amazing, the light show going on during the solo was amazing as well.

Kicking back into Cygnus with Alex's strumming and then Geddy jumping in the air to resume the drums & bass for the jam section!

From this point to the end it was just pure rock awesomeness plus INCREDIBLE lighting and lasers going on!!

This literally might have been one of my favorite and memorable Rush performances I've ever seen!

Two other "silly" little things I enjoyed immensely were the inflatable tube behind Neil for 2112 (hysterical!) and Geddy's ARF 40 shirt. I don't know why but seeing Ged in that shirt just makes me smile. Similar to the Rash shirt on Time Machine. All the "silly" little things always put a smile on my face and I really appreciate them.

Please share your favorite things!!

• Like 3

Xanadu and Jacob's Ladder for me. Just wish I had gotten Natural Science as well but can't have it all I suppose... :codger:
  • Like 4

I'm usually not a huge fan of The Camera Eye but when I saw it in Buffalo, something clicked and it became magic for me. Especially Lifeson nailing the solo at the end. Jacob's Ladder and Cygnus really hit me with the same kind of emotion. It's a shame I was out of energy by the time they got to Xanadu
  • Like 1

Clockwork Angels opener in Tulsa

Alex playing with a dropped drum stick in Boston.

The Camera Eye in Newark

The Dink in Newark and MSG

Seeing Geddy and Alex surprised, and then laughing at the inflatable Canada wavy arms guy.

Basically everything from Hemispheres on...

Dueling double necks

Alex and Geddy playing in each others faces, and Alex staring at Geddy's hands and giving the "oh...that's how you play that" face.

I'm usually not a huge fan of The Camera Eye but when I saw it in Buffalo, something clicked and it became magic for me. Especially Lifeson nailing the solo at the end. Jacob's Ladder and Cygnus really hit me with the same kind of emotion. It's a shame I was out of energy by the time they got to Xanadu

I forgot about The Camera Eye in Buffalo. That was great too. :)

• Like 1

The first set really stands out for me because all those modern Rush songs are infinitely better live, especially one little victory.
  • Like 1

The entire Toronto night 2 show. Unbelievably good.

And we're all relieved about it too. Night one was full of so many problems.

The first set really stands out for me because all those modern Rush songs are infinitely better live, especially one little victory.

Yeah, at the MSG show OLV was a song which I wasn't that thrilled with generally speaking, but live it was quite killer especially with the flames at the end. Far Cry I got burnt out on quite quickly as early as the Time Machine Tour but this time around I quite enjoyed it. Animate was a song on my live bucket list for a long time and I'm really ecstatic I got to see it live.

• Like 1

Yeah, at the MSG show OLV was a song which I wasn't that thrilled with generally speaking, but live it was quite killer especially with the flames at the end. Far Cry I got burnt out on quite quickly as early as the Time Machine Tour but this time around I quite enjoyed it. Animate was a song on my live bucket list for a long time and I'm really ecstatic I got to see it live.

Live, you really don't get that "Nickelback syndrome" that the newer studio albums.

JL, Cygnus X-1, Xanadu. Those 3 alone are worth the ticket cost.

Throw in an almost complete 2112, Lakeside, Anthem, WYD, Prelude and rotations of TCE and NS, you have the most rockin' Rush setlists in quite some time.

• Like 3

Live, you really don't get that "Nickelback syndrome" that the newer studio albums.

Strangest comment I've ever read here.

• Like 1

Setlist A-2 brought back memories from the first time seeing them back in 1981, and I all so enjoyed Set A-1 also as I never seen them played thoses songs live only on DVD except the last two DEW and Subdivions. Edited by BlairC45

My show (maybe shows) aren't until at least the 19th of this month, but from what I've seen posted so far:

Putting Headlong Flight early in the show with Ged's voice ready to rock. This is the best live song they've written I think.

Main Monkey Business is a killer instrumental and seems to be a crowd favorite this tour.

How It Is making its live debut, they seem to really enjoy playing it.

Losing It obviously

Them playing TCE on their own accord without the fan pressure this time.

Prelude into Part 1 is freaking genius, especially with the drum solo.

Xanadu with the double necks.

Geddy actually singing presentation better than he did on the TFE tour (from what I can tell).

The whole encore!

Sorry for leaving out Jacob's Ladder, as I'm super excited to hear it, but its obvious why they haven't played it in 35 years, it is not a live song lol. But Howard definitely seems to have made up for the dragging parts with his lighting skillz.