Presto vs Test For Echo

Tuesday's Gone

Presto vs Test For Echo  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which is best ?

Presto is good compared to the four albums that came before it. T4E is like Michelangelo's David compared to the album that preceded it, but it is also a very good album on its own. T4E in a landslide.

I love one, and I really enjoy the other.

Presto wins!

• Like 1

T4E by a mile. If I was stranded on a desert island I would rather listen to Driven on a continuous loop than any of the songs on Presto, let alone the whole thing, though it could be argued that the songs on Presto are so drably similar that they could be considered the same song.

Come to think of it, if Presto had been released in the early 19th century, Napoleons enemies could have exiled him with a copy of it. Humanity was a lot crueler then.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Presto for sure. Every time I listen to Test For Echo I just can't get into it but I've always loved Presto.
  • Like 3

Battle between two of Rush's worst albums. I'll take Presto, barely.

Exactly.

I'll go with this. Nothing much to get real excited about here...

bump because I only started this today and I'm hoping to see a few more votes. TheAccountant has posted in so many threads that this one was very low on the first page :LOL:

Sorry bout that - like I said, been away for a bit and trying to get caught up. Hck, I got a lot more threads to get caught up with so you can expect a lot more posting from me today and the in the AM. Then a break of a weak or 2 - then another storm of ,e getting caught up again.

bump because I only started this today and I'm hoping to see a few more votes. TheAccountant has posted in so many threads that this one was very low on the first page :LOL:

Sorry bout that - like I said, been away for a bit and trying to get caught up. Hck, I got a lot more threads to get caught up with so you can expect a lot more posting from me today and the in the AM. Then a break of a weak or 2 - then another storm of ,e getting caught up again.

No need to apologize man, feel free to post as much as you like. It wasn't a complaint, just an observation ;)

Even more shocking now. :o Presto in the lead. :blink:

All is right in the world. ;)

Yes, all is right in the world if Presto is in the lead in this match up.

To my ear Presto is loaded with decent / good songs and does not have a single bad song. Many of the songs are very strong. T4E starts out strong but you eventually get Dog Years and Virtuality (yuck). Although it comes back with the strong Resist and Carve Away the Stone the damage is done and those excellent songs can't undo it.

Plus, over the years I have come to enjoy the thin sound of Presto. T4E was a warning of the bad music the Alex and Geddy were to create in the future (which may have buried some possibly good lyrics) and the horrible recording / mixing that was to come with VT and the weak recording / mixing on CA. Thank heavens they got the recording / mixing right with S & A!!! In other words, the recording / mixing /music was a sign of where they were going - and it was not a good sign.

Don't take me wrong, I don't dislike T4E. The first side is overall rather good. And the 2nd side has Resist and Carve Away the stone. But with the dogs mixed in, the consistent strength of Presto and superior recording / mixing of Presto, Presto should be winning this. IMO that is.

• Like 1

Even more shocking now. :o Presto in the lead. :blink:

All is right in the world. ;)

Yes, all is right in the world if Presto is in the lead in this match up.

To my ear Presto is loaded with decent / good songs and does not have a single bad song. Many of the songs are very strong. T4E starts out strong but you eventually get Dog Years and Virtuality (yuck). Although it comes back with the strong Resist and Carve Away the Stone the damage is done and those excellent songs can't undo it.

Plus, over the years I have come to enjoy the thin sound of Presto. T4E was a warning of the bad music the Alex and Geddy were to create in the future (which may have buried some possibly good lyrics) and the horrible recording / mixing that was to come with VT and the weak recording / mixing on CA. Thank heavens they got the recording / mixing right with S & A!!! In other words, the recording / mixing /music was a sign of where they were going - and it was not a good sign.

Don't take me wrong, I don't dislike T4E. The first side is overall rather good. And the 2nd side has Resist and Carve Away the stone. But with the dogs mixed in, the consistent strength of Presto and superior recording / mixing of Presto, Presto should be winning this. IMO that is.

If you read this post in a mirror, it starts to make sense.