Hold Your Fire vs Presto

Tuesday's Gone

Which album is best ?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which album is best ?

HYF has 8 good to excellent songs out of 10. Presto may have 6 of the same or similar quality out of 11. HYF it is and neither of these would be anywhere near my top 5. Neither are better than anything from at least Signals back. Grace Under Pressure is probably better than both of these too come to think of it. Just my opinion...
  • Like 2

Presto is the first time since MP where the band clearly made an album better than their previous effort, and it's probably better than the previous 4 albums. It's still not among the band's best, but it is better than the worst album of the band's dark days of synths.
  • Like 1

I dislike some of HYF and love all of Presto, but HYF takes the cake. I love High Water, Second Nature, and Tai Shan. I know everyone hates Tai Shan but its one of the songs for me that carry the album. I cant stand Prime Mover or Lock and Key

Presto is the first time since MP where the band clearly made an album better than their previous effort, and it's probably better than the previous 4 albums. It's still not among the band's best, but it is better than the worst album of the band's dark days of synths.

:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

• Like 4

I think this :beathorse: is the better response to those who go on and on about hating the synth era.

• Like 1

Hey Ledrush just hit the bong...give him a break
  • Like 1

I vape now, but I can't imagine what drugs I'd have to take like HYF more than any other albums outside of CP, S&A, and the other synth albums.

• Like 1

I vape now, but I can't imagine what drugs I'd have to take like HYF more than any other albums outside of CP, S&A, and the other synth albums.

This maybe

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu304/homersimpson239/Mobile%20Uploads/totem.jpg

• Like 2

I think I'd call Presto Rush's 2nd worst produced album (behind CA). Like Spinal Tap got hold of the treble and turned it up to 11. The tinniness makes me not able to listen for very long. If it had the production of HYF, this might be closer. But HYF would still win easily. Just better songs.

I like them both. But my vote goes to Hold Your Fire.

Same for me, it's not that I don't like Presto. I just think HYF reaches greater musical heights and the lyrics really top it off for me.

Hold Your Fire easily.

I love both albums, but the love I have for Hold Your Fire elevates it above most albums by ANY bands ever!

• Like 1

HYF & Presto are both great albums, both are close to being classic Rush...the one I like the most, is Hold Your Fire.
  • Like 1

There are no winners here. But Presto is the biggest loser.

HYF gets my vote, mostly by virtue of the fact that it's not Presto.

• Like 4

Hold Your Fire easily.

I love both albums, but the love I have for Hold Your Fire elevates it above most albums by ANY bands ever!

This. ^

I also love both albums. But Presto has one weak and another sort of weak song on it (but out of eleven, that's still a great album)...but Hold Your Fire is one of the greatest peaks they ever achieved. Absolutely indispensable.

• Like 1

I was expecting HYF to win but not so easily, interesting.

I dislike some of HYF and love all of Presto, but HYF takes the cake. I love High Water, Second Nature, and Tai Shan. I know everyone hates Tai Shan but its one of the songs for me that carry the album. I cant stand Prime Mover or Lock and Key

To each his own but I find this very strange. I love Tai Shan too. High Water (the only song I don't like) and Second Nature are imo the 2 worst songs on the album. imo Prime Mover and Lock and Key are some of the best songs on the album.

Edited by Tuesday's Gone

I was expecting HYF to win but not so easily, interesting.

To each his own but I find this very strange. I love Tai Shan too. High Water (the only song I don't like) and Second Nature are imo the 2 worst songs on the album. imo Prime Mover and Lock and Key are some of the best songs on the album.

I thought it was odd because the poster expresses a dislike of Hold Your Fire, loves all of Presto, and then votes for Hold Your Fire anyway.

:huh: