Starting on time?

Rockosmith

Not the show in Atlanta they didn't but I was glad. It was raining right before and pretty heavy. I also was glad it was pretty much dark when they started...

How late were they? The venue I am going to has notoriously long security lines-hours-so I am worried I will miss the beginning.

They've come on 15 minutes after the time it says on the ticket at every show. One of the reasons they do that is to make sure everyone is in their seats when the show starts. If security is tight and it's taking longer to get in, the band would probably hit the stage a little later if a lot of people still aren't in by showtime.

• Like 1

When they had opening acts the opener would start on time and play for 40-45 minutes and Rush would almost always come on one hour after the opener but the stage, usually right at 9:00. Since they stopped using opening acts it has been 15-25 minutes late, likely depending on how full the venue appears. I guess they don't want to disappoint those who are slightly late. I once missed about 20 minutes of a Santana concert in a slow security line. However the band had started 10 minutes before the time on the tickets which ticked me off.

I remember the R30 tour in Detroit there was an accident on the I75 near the venue, traffic was snarled. They announced on WRIF the Rush show at DTE would be delayed by a half hour. At start time, there were still a lot of empty seats for awhile. I guess you can only wait so long.

I remember the R30 tour in Detroit there was an accident on the I75 near the venue, traffic was snarled. They announced on WRIF the Rush show at DTE would be delayed by a half hour. At start time, there were still a lot of empty seats for awhile. I guess you can only wait so long.

Yeah, a lot of venues have curfews and the band can get fined a huge amount of money if they go over that. So, even if there's traffic or strict security making it harder for people to get in, the band can only wait for so long until they hit the stage if they want to avoid a possible fine.