Chris Squire's classic Ricky

HemiBeers

Perhaps this thought is a little to close to his passing, but I was thinking what becomes of Chris's gear. The one thought I had was that it would be really cool to see Geddy buy his classic cream colored mid 60s Ricky. Geddy's got the coin for it, he's in a 'collecting' basses mode and who else would better deserve such a classic ax?

The other side of me is that Ged might think that's a little too creepy, weird and intimidating.

I think it belongs in a museum in a glass case, along with his stereo amp/pedal setup. His tone, and how he achieved it, is so interesting to me.

But I have no doubt that with Geddy the 4001 would be in the best hands possible.

That's what made this thought interesting as a conundrum....do you stick it in a glass case or museum or you succumm to the temptation of playing it? Since Geddy is a collector of rare baseball memorabelia as well as a player of basses, that would be an interesting problem. Edited by 2112FirstStreet

I am sure Squire's family will determine what will happen with his collection. Entwistle's son sold a good many of his dad's basses but held on to some key pieces from what I understand.

I think it belongs in a museum in a glass case, along with his stereo amp/pedal setup. His tone, and how he achieved it, is so interesting to me.

But I have no doubt that with Geddy the 4001 would be in the best hands possible.

And not a freaking Hard Rock like his triple neck! (which I heard needed some work done on it before he used it again on the Union Tour)

People touch the stuff in Hard Rocks, which to me is disrespectful!

• Like 1