Powerage is a great album !

just sayin'

I got into AC/DC around "if you want blood..." then the brilliant Highway to Hell came along. Drifted away around "For Those About to Rock", the Johnson incarnation just didn't/doesn't do "it" for me.

I have been buying alot of vinyl recently, yes I know it's trendy but I only stopped when they stopped making them, and I came across Powerage and bough tit blind as I hadn't heard it start to finish. It's a real gift, like discovering "new" Bon Scott-era songs.

Long live the album as a format, this type of gem with great deep cuts would never exist in a single-song-release mp3 ibastard society.

• Like 8

AC/DC is one of those bands I never really have a chance- I like quite a few of the songs I know of theirs, but I've never bought an album. The Bon era was a bit before my time. But I know there's some stuff I'd probably be into.

I was the same way with Judas Priest for a long time, and now I really like a few of their albums that I know. So...I might just...

AC/DC is one of those bands I never really have a chance- I like quite a few of the songs I know of theirs, but I've never bought an album. The Bon era was a bit before my time. But I know there's some stuff I'd probably be into.

I was the same way with Judas Priest for a long time, and now I really like a few of their albums that I know. So...I might just...

all the bon stuff + back in black is essential rock

and most people here seem to love the 3 albums after back in black, I don't but they're worth checking out

Edited by bathory

all the bon stuff + back in black is essential rock

and most people here seem to love the 3 albums after back in black, I don't but they're worth checking out

For Those About to Rock is great. After that, if you're not a Brian fan, I can seeing taking a pass.

• Like 1

Total pass on Brian save for B in B which I had to get back in the day for curiosity's sake if nothing else. Let There Be Rock is my all time favorite by them and at least in my top 10 rock albums all time. Start to finish not a dud in the bunch. The first AC/DC album I ever bought and still my favorite to this day. I was lucky enough to see them with Bon once a few months before his death on the H to H tour. Was incredible...
  • Like 5

This album was the first AC/DC LP I bought and it blew my socks off - March/April '78 i think, The original European LP included Cold Hearted Man, but not Rock 'n' Roll Damnation and was much the better for that. Love the lyrics to Damnation, but the guitar drives me nuts - not a favourite track. There isn't a poor track on the original Euro LP and Down Payment Blues may well be the greatest AC/DC song of all time (IMHO).

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Flick of the Switch is Powerage's bas**ard son or a brother from a different mother - very bluesy, even if it is BJ.

• Like 1

Anything in the Bon era is great. Powerage, high voltage, dirty deeds, highway to hell are all good. I really don't know much from them post-for those about to rock.

Excellent album...Let There Be Rock, Powerage & Highway To Hell are all excellent albums

What a run of albums that is, especially considering that it follows the 3 album run of High Voltage, TNT and Dirty Deeds.
  • Like 1

just sayin'

I got into AC/DC around "if you want blood..." then the brilliant Highway to Hell came along. Drifted away around "For Those About to Rock", the Johnson incarnation just didn't/doesn't do "it" for me.

I have been buying alot of vinyl recently, yes I know it's trendy but I only stopped when they stopped making them, and I came across Powerage and bough tit blind as I hadn't heard it start to finish. It's a real gift, like discovering "new" Bon Scott-era songs.

Long live the album as a format, this type of gem with great deep cuts would never exist in a single-song-release mp3 ibastard society.

Nothing quite like vinyl. I have the first four ac/dc on vinyl - import versions that I picked up in Germany back in the day. Then I have FTATR, Fly on the Wall, Blow Up Your Video, and Who Made Who. Somewhere along the line I lost my Powerage through Back in Black.

I CANNOT stand any AC/DC post Bon Scott. The new/replacement lead singer ( whatever his name is ) is painful to listen to and watch. The new guy cannot come close to Bon. :codger:

http://youtu.be/s3nEAmt5AZ8

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

I CANNOT stand any AC/DC post Bon Scott. The new/replacement lead singer ( whatever his name is ) is painful to listen to and watch. The new guy cannot come close to Bon. :codger:

http://youtu.be/s3nEAmt5AZ8

But they still put out some great music post-Bon. I never thought the new guy (lol) was THAT bad...well much later on it got painful but yeah...