TV Land Pulls 'Dukes of Hazzard'

Honestly, disregarding someone's opinion because they love cursing is probably the most inane reason for it. Who gives a shit about curse words, seriously?

I know you are saying this tongue in cheek, but a lot of people do. A lot of people put a lot of effort into their reading, writing and speaking, both in personal and professional situations, and don't appreciate cursing because most of the time it is the easy way out. People that you would never guess, because they are too tactful to let you know, will judge you (and not kindly) if you curse a lot in your speaking and writing. Just sayin' but I know of what I speak.

• Like 1

Honestly, disregarding someone's opinion because they love cursing is probably the most inane reason for it. Who gives a shit about curse words, seriously?

I know you are saying this tongue in cheek, but a lot of people do. A lot of people put a lot of effort into their reading, writing and speaking, both in personal and professional situations, and don't appreciate cursing because most of the time it is the easy way out. People that you would never guess, because they are too tactful to let you know, will judge you (and not kindly) if you curse a lot in your speaking and writing. Just sayin' but I know of what I speak.

Having said that, I'm not trying to dictate your behavior anywhere but just trying to let you know how the other half thinks.

Also, I've told my kids for years that I reserve the right to call anybody an a**hole while I am driving!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Seriously Bubba? I realize it is not Rosebud but the car is Hollywood history, just sell the damn thing.

http://bleacherrepor...amming-national

CI-Le0fUkAAmRWb.jpg

Couldn't stand Baby Bubba to begin with. This just confirms it...

I have a similar photo, strangely. Of my whole family, standing with Cooter and the General Lee, in 2000!! And we are Damn Yankees! He actually had a little antiques store in Virginia at the time, and bluegrass concerts on the weekends. We were just there for the bluegrass (my husband.) It was Cooter's idea to have us all stand for the photo, my kids had no idea who he was (Dukes weren't on then.) Have been tearing the house apart trying to find photo since I saw this thread- guess it is a collector's item, ha ha. Cooter had a "Dukesfest" weekend shortly after, and so many people showed up that he decided to move to Gatlinburg and make a Duke's museum, I guess it paid better!!

We are no longer taught to think rationally... only emotionally.

True. Kids are taught to begin a justification statement with "I feel like..." rather than "I think that...". Drives me nuts.

Ok, how is the hell is that a bad thing?

It's better to say that then to say something totally f***ing wrong as if it were a 100% fact.

You've literally told me it's better go to by a gut feeling and form an opinion rather than spend the time to look up statistics and facts to find out something. You'd rather speak about a topic you know nothing about because you're charged with emotion rather than spend the time to read into it

• Like 1

True. Kids are taught to begin a justification statement with "I feel like..." rather than "I think that...". Drives me nuts.

It's better to say that then to say something totally f***ing wrong as if it were a 100% fact.

You've literally told me it's better go to by a gut feeling and form an opinion rather than spend the time to look up statistics and facts to find out something. You'd rather speak about a topic you know nothing about because you're charged with emotion rather than spend the time to read into it

I never said that it was better to go by gut instinct based on your personal observations, it's just what I do. It's not to say that I hate researching facts and statistics, I'd just rather experience life itself and observe what I see in people and things.

Edited by fraroc

I actually agree on this point. There's nothing wrong with teaching kids to be emotionally aware and sensitive.

When you don't learn to remain emotionally aware and sensitive, you create a lot of conflict for yourself... and that's a difficult problem to get over. It's a problem that I have difficulty with at times. But we've all got to learn to keep a cool head, to recognize our emotions, and to measure our reactions.

So: teaching kids to handle their feelings responsibly and meaningfully is certainly an important job for the educators of the world. I agree- one hundred percent.

Because, then we could probably learn to live with the Dukes of Hazard ...

Edited by KenJennings

This really pisses me off. I grew up with that show on TV! It's awesome! Damn I loved Daisy Duke. I loved that car too.

I find it quite ironic that this stupid station is pulling it since there are commercials on TV featuring the Dukes as old guys driving the General Lee around and through barns.

I don't understand this country. If Hillary gets in I'm going to live with Geddy Lee.

• Like 1

Pulled for fear it might offend somebody?

Did Fraroc have something to do with this?

What the hell did I do to you? I thought were were friends...or at least friendly with each other.

Dude, it is banter!

I always tease my buddies

I abhore bad language. What is wrong with the use of clean expressions? Why are they becoming so underrated? Why do people think it's cool, or sophisticated, or intimidating?

For many reasons, I hate it.

Dang, why am I so judgemental?

• Like 1

I actually agree on this point. There's nothing wrong with teaching kids to be emotionally aware and sensitive.

When you don't learn to remain emotionally aware and sensitive, you create a lot of conflict for yourself... and that's a difficult problem to get over. It's a problem that I have difficulty with at times. But we've all got to learn to keep a cool head, to recognize our emotions, and to measure our reactions.

So: teaching kids to handle their feelings responsibly and meaningfully is certainly an important job for the educators of the world. I agree- one hundred percent.

Because, then we could probably learn to live with the Dukes of Hazard ...

You made my point. Handling your feelings responsibly and meaningfully is being rational, not emotional.

• Like 1

I never said that it was better to go by gut instinct based on your personal observations, it's just what I do. It's not to say that I hate researching facts and statistics, I'd just rather experience life itself and observe what I see in people and things.

I feel like 99% of your posts reflect this.
  • Like 1

This really pisses me off. I grew up with that show on TV! It's awesome! Damn I loved Daisy Duke. I loved that car too.

I find it quite ironic that this stupid station is pulling it since there are commercials on TV featuring the Dukes as old guys driving the General Lee around and through barns.

I don't understand this country. If Hillary gets in I'm going to live with Geddy Lee.

I feel like you totally support institutionalized racism.
  • Like 1

I just hope Flash is still getting his residual syndication checks. That's all I care about - Woof! :P
  • Like 1

Yeah but they probably never show the roof of the car during the commercial, do they?

That way nobody offends either side I guess.

http://s.quickmeme.com/img/7a/7a817e5d3ac6286234dbf62d2646e268e4ab90f2ec70c9b53743643e6ded7f61.jpg

John Schneider aka Bo Duke has been more than 30 movies. Most of them were made for TV, but who cares

I see a different film of his on Cosmo TV every week. He also played roles in 70 TV shows after Dukes.

What a career!!!!! The majority of actors his age are either unemployed or doing something else.

He is also a musician. He released 9 albums and a greatest hits package, as well as 18 singles. :o :cheerleader: :guitar:

P.S. You can still watch old Dukes episodes at youtube.

Edited by Boots

And here I thought this show would disappear from TV, because of bad acting, bad writing and the fact it is one of the dumbest shows to ever air on TV.

Now should we be hoarding the DVD' s and attending flea markets in Alabama to make a Million????

The Duke boys are being put on the bench.

TV Land has pulled reruns of Dukes of Hazzard in light of the recent uproar over the Confederate flag, which is emblazoned on the roof of the show's iconic General Lee 1969 Dodge Charger, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Confederate merchandise has since been dropped by Walmart, Target, Amazon and other businesses after the shooting, which took place at a historic black church.

Shortly after the attack, photos surfaced showing alleged shooter Dylann Roof burning one American flag and stepping on another, while waving and posing provocatively with Confederate banners.

Warner Bros.' consumer division announced on June 24 that it will stop licensing toy cars and models featuring the General Lee with the flag.

I was lucky watching that TV show on syndication for years when I was a kid. I loved the show! Never though about racism.

I'd rather pull the pud now.

"The world is totally fugazi....."

Signed,

MARiLLION

A disgruntled warehouseman who gets fired decides to walk into his place of work and shoot and kill five innocent people.

What the hell is wrong here?

No wonder Disney still has "Song Of The South" still locked away in it's Vault! Racist?

I loved that movie when I was a kid.

Zippitidy Doo Dah!

"Splash Mountain" is my favorite ride!!

FUKK DISNEYLAND!!!

A place I used to love.

I read what some of you say on here.

"Corporate Greed."

It's true man.

Eventually Disney will own everything.

Even YOU!

MAY THE FARCE BE WITH YOU ALL!!!

When will Disney buy Nike?

When will Disney buy Coke?

When will Disney buy The Rush Forum?

Don't get angry at me, this is not a joke!

Ffs.. This might be my all time favorite show simply because I grew up on it. Ya I know, bad acting, and simple dumb stories but Friday nights at 10pm my family was all together enjoying this show and there is nothing, I repeat NOTHING in this world cooler that a 69 charger drifting through country roads.. Why are they giving this damn flag so much power? Soon people are going to start wearing it more just to get attention or make a bold statement. Fukking PC idiots..

I just hope Flash is still getting his residual syndication checks. That's all I care about - Woof! :P

Coo coo! -I love it

• Like 1

I find it incredibly interesting that we as a society, during this information age, are generally utilizing it to push the censorship of media, documents, websites...

In this regard, signs of end-times for freedom of thought keep popping up... But I try to be optimistic despite them. We're not going to go off the edge completely, right? We'll stop at about where we are now, keep a healthy enough balance? ...

Signs of end times for freedom? I am here to tell you that compared to when I was your age we have already lost a great amount of freedom, especially the freedom to express your thoughts and views. Oh yeah. You can express them so long as they are the pc views.

You can't even hold a conversation with someone anymore. Everything and anything you say seems to be used against you.

We'll stop right here only if we stop it. But, like I already said, no one is much interested because it hasn't affected them yet. It might be too late by then to do anything. As it is, the door is almost shut.

Remember when people were free to own slaves? Ya, those were better times.
  • Like 1

I find it incredibly interesting that we as a society, during this information age, are generally utilizing it to push the censorship of media, documents, websites...

In this regard, signs of end-times for freedom of thought keep popping up... But I try to be optimistic despite them. We're not going to go off the edge completely, right? We'll stop at about where we are now, keep a healthy enough balance? ...

Signs of end times for freedom? I am here to tell you that compared to when I was your age we have already lost a great amount of freedom, especially the freedom to express your thoughts and views. Oh yeah. You can express them so long as they are the pc views.

You can't even hold a conversation with someone anymore. Everything and anything you say seems to be used against you.

We'll stop right here only if we stop it. But, like I already said, no one is much interested because it hasn't affected them yet. It might be too late by then to do anything. As it is, the door is almost shut.

No one should be owned. Not by the government or by another man. That's always been true no matter who realized it or not

yep, the good ol' days

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1N2fmYN3pD0/UwVMHQM0LtI/AAAAAAAAX00/sUqv-0tlRmM/s1600/Japs+Keep+Moving.jpg

card35.jpg