The Future Of The Human Race, Star Trek Or Soylent Green?

12 members have voted

1. 1. How do you see the future of us?

How do you see the future of us?

Star Trek

A technologically advanced spacefaring species that has learned to overcome it's social, religious, enviromental and political pettyness. Living on (& off) a planet that has been healed of all the previous centuries of economic and warfare enviromental abuses. A society where all can be equal and live to their fullest potential with a greater understanding of the workings and wonders of the Cosmos.

Soylent Green

A technologically defunct world where nothing works, a beleagured distraught over populated race residing on a dying planet that can no longer sustain the envromental impacts of coorperate economic abuse driven by greed and warfare. A society where suicide is not only legal but encouraged. Where only the richest of the rich can afford real food while the rest have to sustain themselves on nutrient rich crackers made of well you know, ( I won't spoil it just in case there is some that have not seen the movie)

I think we as a species are at a crossroad in existance where either one of these scenarios could become our future. I truley wish for a more Star Trek future but I fel a soylent green world is more probable and is probably, sadly the more realistic way we will end up.

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

how about planet of the apes? the original.

Any of these scenarios could happen in reality. There's also The Terminator.

• Like 2

I picked these 2 scenarios due to their far opposites of the spectrum. I also think the Corporate society of the original Rollerball is an interim possibility between these.

Edit; Misspell duh..

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

Both. Soylent Trek. What do you think the food replicator on the Enterprise uses for base material?

They convert subatomic particles, so I would assume they wouldn't need something large like a human body.

Both. Soylent Trek. What do you think the food replicator on the Enterprise uses for base material?

They convert subatomic particles, so I would assume they wouldn't need something large like a human body.

and the federation of planets always tells the truth. Can you imagine Charlton Heston running around the deck of the enterprise screaming his famous line from soylent green? :dweez:

• Like 3

Perhaps it will be the Omega Man scenario, where a plague turns us all into murderous night creatures, and Chuck Heston has to save us......
  • Like 2

Any votes for the Interstellar scenario? War, blight, famine, starvation, and suffocation from bad air?

and the federation of planets always tells the truth. Can you imagine Charlton Heston running around the deck of the enterprise screaming his famous line from soylent green? :dweez:

He would definitely use a few Shatnerian pauses while doing it.

• Like 2

He would definitely use a few Shatnerian pauses while doing it.

Replicated particles, are, people!

• Like 1

anyone for Firefly?

You know, I've tried to watch that show several times and I couldn't get into it. I really like Nathan Fillion too.