R30 Tour VS R40 Tour

YYZumbi

97 members have voted

1. 1. R30 Tour VS R40 Tour... which tour is best?

R30 had a band in better shape that also played longer shows but R40 wins because the band gives 110%

If it is indeed a swan song, nothing could be more majestic.

• Like 3

Just going by set lists without experiencing either tour...I say R40.

R30 was great going by the DVD alone, but I don't care for covers. The medley was cool, but doesn't hold a candle to classic full songs we get on R40.

• Like 2

Definitely R40! More obscure stuff that they hadn't played in a while...no cover tunes..more variety. (plus the backwards through the catalog concept is pretty cool!)

This

R30 was definitey better. Despite the cover songs, overall I preferred the setlist. I thought R30 was a much more lively upbeat selection of songs.

But, the Rush In Rio setlist was way better than both R30 and R40

Edited by Boston_E
  • Like 1

I loved r30 at the time, but this is hands down a better for these reasons,, xanadu comlete with double necks. lakeside park, (who would have ever thought) losing it?? who would have ever thought, Jacobs ladder!!!!!!!!!!!! r30 had too much of the vapor trails tour in it with a few exceptions. Geds Voice may have been better on r30, but this wins with stage lighting, setlist. Edited by nicky6

How about a little symmetry...I saw R30 3 times and R40 4 times! Roll the Bones 5, but heck, who cares?

R30 had the ultimate Rush song, LVS. The very interesting medley...heck, even the covers were a whole lot of fun...also, it had RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL.

R40 was their most representative setlist of all eras, and outright best setlist since Moving Pictures Tour (the original one). It was mind blowing and spine tingling numbing, even seeing the pictures of the leaked tour book couldn't ruin the sheer shock of what they put together, all punctuated by Bob and his legendary girlfriend.

• Like 3

R40 was their most representative setlist of all eras, and outright best setlist since Moving Pictures Tour (the original one). It was mind blowing and spine tingling numbing, even seeing the pictures of the leaked tour book couldn't ruin the sheer shock of what they put together, all punctuated by Bob and his legendary girlfriend.

This man gets it. Bob and his GF made this tour the best ever
  • Like 2