What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Went to my brother’s wedding in Chicago over this past weekend. Ceremony and then reception immediately following, right in the same location.

The wedding isn’t what made me sad.

My father has prostate cancer, and even though I’ve seen him once or twice a month or so, since the beginning of the summer (that is kind of a lot, for us)- this was the first time in his life that I’ve ever seen him as an old man.

He’s 76, and has always been in exceptionally good health- but this is taking him down, from what I could see.

He just sat, all night, and didn’t say a whole lot. He got up and danced with his wife, a slow song, not a lot of movement- for about three minutes. And that was it. That was the most energy I saw him expend.

So sorry your Dad is ill, it is so hard to watch them falter and age. Even though we know it is going to happen, it still is a jolt. :hug2:

• Like 3

Went to my brother’s wedding in Chicago over this past weekend. Ceremony and then reception immediately following, right in the same location.

My father has prostate cancer, and even though I’ve seen him once or twice a month or so, since the beginning of the summer (that is kind of a lot, for us)- this was the first time in his life that I’ve ever seen him as an old man.

He’s 76, and has always been in exceptionally good health- but this is taking him down, from what I could see.

He just sat, all night, and didn’t say a whole lot. He got up and danced with his wife, a slow song, not a lot of movement- for about three minutes. And that was it. That was the most energy I saw him expend.

Hugs and purrs x

• Like 4

:hug2:

• Like 1

Afghanistan is Joe Biden's Vietnam, and 2,378 United States servicemen died for nothing.

I used to have a lot of pen pals in the Marines and sometimes I would send them care packages.

Edited by Krystal

I'm sorry about your dad. Mine is 81 and we'll, knock wood, but I understand in general. It's so hard to watch them age.

• Like 1

Today would have been Karen and my 35th anniversary. :(

Anniversaries are hard :( Hug Rocky and know she is there with you in spirit. :rose: :hug2:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 5

Dropped Rocky off at the dog resort prior to my vacation to Detroit and Michigan.

The Pet Palace was mostly a place of the joyful glee and excited barking of dogs being picked up after the holiday

Mine, not so much. But before I left Rocky gave me a look of calm demeanor as if to say, "Hey, it's all good, you go do what ya gotta do, I'm cool with it."

Damn it, I miss him already!

• Like 1

Facing the inevitable loss of my cat, he is 16 and has been doing ok but started crying like he is in pain. Several trips to the vet and pain meds haven't aleviated his distress. I just cry with him. He's been my cuddle buddy and loveable curmudgeon. Talking to the vet tomorrow and go from there. Don't have a lot of hope but I don't want him to suffer more than necessary, guess I am selfish and not wanting to let him go. Think I would be better at this after many cats in my lifetime but it never gets easier. :kisshug: :to Ron Weasley. Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Facing the inevitable loss of my cat, he is 16 and has been doing ok but started crying like he is in pain. Several trips to the vet and pain meds haven't aleviated his distress. I just cry with him. He's been my cuddle buddy and loveable curmudgeon. Talking to the vet tomorrow and go from there. Don't have a lot of hope but I don't want him to suffer more than necessary, guess I am selfish and not wanting to let him go. Think I would be better at this after many cats in my lifetime but it never gets easier. :kisshug: :to Ron Weasley.

It's never easy... Hugs and purrs for you both :hug2: x

• Like 1

My mom doesn't want me to get the booster shot so she's metaphorically dead to me now. She believes in that load of crap about aborted cells in vaccines yet fails to see the irony that viruses can kill pregnant women as well. I could get along with those of different beliefs in the past but putting gaslighting RWNJ Jim Jones cult crap over my life is where I draw the line. My estranged aunt and her sister may be crazy at times but I'm finally starting to realize she was right about my mom. I'm not even CLOSE to enjoying this but I have no other choice to block those who put blind partisanship and school of hard knocks crap over my life. I now know how Timothy Hutton felt about Mary Tyler Moore in Ordinary People. Family don't mean jack when it supports domestic terrorism and being a traitor to this country. That's how I roll. I even need it to live in my assisted living home (diagnosed with Asperger's) and for my job. She is so goddamn selfish and naive and has shown it in the past but that's it.

I messaged my cousin who lives in San Diego who has been friends with her to let him know since he's banished anyone who supports this cult since January 6. He's always been nice to me.

My mom doesn't want me to get the booster shot so she's metaphorically dead to me now. She believes in that load of crap about aborted cells in vaccines yet fails to see the irony that viruses can kill pregnant women as well. I could get along with those of different beliefs in the past but putting gaslighting RWNJ Jim Jones cult crap over my life is where I draw the line. My estranged aunt and her sister may be crazy at times but I'm finally starting to realize she was right about my mom. I'm not even CLOSE to enjoying this but I have no other choice to block those who put blind partisanship and school of hard knocks crap over my life. I now know how Timothy Hutton felt about Mary Tyler Moore in Ordinary People. Family don't mean jack when it supports domestic terrorism and being a traitor to this country. That's how I roll. I even need it to live in my assisted living home (diagnosed with Asperger's) and for my job. She is so goddamn selfish and naive and has shown it in the past but that's it.

I messaged my cousin who lives in San Diego who has been friends with her to let him know since he's banished anyone who supports this cult since January 6. He's always been nice to me.

This made me sad today.

• Like 1

Facing the inevitable loss of my cat, he is 16 and has been doing ok but started crying like he is in pain. Several trips to the vet and pain meds haven't aleviated his distress. I just cry with him. He's been my cuddle buddy and loveable curmudgeon. Talking to the vet tomorrow and go from there. Don't have a lot of hope but I don't want him to suffer more than necessary, guess I am selfish and not wanting to let him go. Think I would be better at this after many cats in my lifetime but it never gets easier. :kisshug: :to Ron Weasley.

I'm so sorry to see this, I'm sorry I didn't see it until now. We get so close to those cuddle buddy cats. Hugs to you both, I know it's never easy to have this happen. :hug2:

• Like 3

This made me sad today.

It is sad how this is tearing so many families apart. :( You are doing what is best for you but that doesn't mean it comes without a cost. Take care. :hug2:

• Like 3

I'm so sorry to see this, I'm sorry I didn't see it until now. We get so close to those cuddle buddy cats. Hugs to you both, I know it's never easy to have this happen. :hug2:

Have better news, vet seems to think he has high blood pressure so another visit to the vet this week to check. Also kidney issues so he'll have to change his diet. He's been hiding out in the basement, think he's ticked off at me and he hates the pills. Hubby gives them to him and he's bit him a couple of times. Got one of those pill syringes which works much better, so less stress now. He came back upstairs tonight and wanted cuddles. I know we are on borrowed time but if he can be in less pain then that makes it easier.

• Like 3

Have better news, vet seems to think he has high blood pressure so another visit to the vet this week to check. Also kidney issues so he'll have to change his diet. He's been hiding out in the basement, think he's ticked off at me and he hates the pills. Hubby gives them to him and he's bit him a couple of times. Got one of those pill syringes which works much better, so less stress now. He came back upstairs tonight and wanted cuddles. I know we are on borrowed time but if he can be in less pain then that makes it easier.

I'm glad you get to have more time with him! :heart: Yes, they have a lot of ways to deal with cat kidney problems and pain now. Sounds like you guys have a good vet. Hugs to you both!

• Like 2

:( :( :( I'm sorry to hear this, Rhyta. It's tough to see a loving pet in pain. Good to know you have some extra time together thanks to the vet. Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 4