What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Having a Van Halen (Roth) day here blasting though the house with the windows open and the music is awesome! :notworthy:

:sundog: Shine on, Ed! :sundog:

My soon to be separated husband and I are dividing up the stuff in the kitchen (our papers to be signed next Thursday the 15th) and I am extremely sad, immensely angry and feel betrayed beyond belief. He just sees nothing wrong with breaking up and and moving on after 20 years - and he's like, hey, we'll hang out and still be friends and call each other and stuff and hang out -

I just want to punch him in the face. Thanks for giving up on me - sh8head. You could have done a lot worse than me.

So sorry you're going through this plus all of the emotions....I get the anger, feeling betrayed and sad. It's a whirlwind of emotions.

And, yes, a punch in the face too is what I'd want to do too....be friends and hang out....yeah right.

You have my empathy. I hate when people say oh hang in there, so I wont! You need time to feel and heal.

And, you will!!!!!

:heart: :rose: :hug2:

I agree 1000% with this. His attitude is so cavalier, it is so disrespectful. And he expects you to hang around waiting for him to grace you with his appearance when he sees fit??? What a jerk! It had to hurt after all those years together, thinking you knew him and then he betrays you. That is a long time to be married and it will take time to heal from it. It's lousy to have to go through a divorce but it can work out for the better. :hug2:

You will survive and do better, I was lucky to find another man who makes me grateful every day.

Thank you. :hug2: There is going to be a WTF thought bubble over my head for a while about this. I have a lot to do in the meantime - find a FT job, I am back working at my PT job (Yay!), so I don't sit and wallow, and I have to find somewhere else to live and live in either NC (near my family when the virus some day settles down) or NY and the house is going up for sale in the Spring.

Such a colossal f*4Kng waste of time...

I can relate to it being a waste of time. But - that's life and the choices we made. Too bad they were poor ones.

Take the money from the sale and run as far away from him as you can. It sounds to me as if he wants to keep you on a loose leash just in case his midlife crisis flops. I hope a bunch of young female users take him for the ride of his life and all his money.

• Like 3

My soon to be separated husband and I are dividing up the stuff in the kitchen (our papers to be signed next Thursday the 15th) and I am extremely sad, immensely angry and feel betrayed beyond belief. He just sees nothing wrong with breaking up and and moving on after 20 years - and he's like, hey, we'll hang out and still be friends and call each other and stuff and hang out -

WTF?

Doesn't want to be legally bound to anyone anymore - wants to be free and do whatever, whenever for the remainder of his life. He purchased a house and he is starting to pack up - but he feels I should stay somewhat near - as we are like friends or family know as opposed to being married, so we'll be friends ...yeah... :banghead: :eh: :sarcastic:

I am just getting caught up on reading a few things- hugs to you! :hug2: I can only imagine your frustration at trying to separate out your things while your soon to be ex thinks he still wants to hang out! His attitude seems to me to be pretty immature and the real world after the divorce is going to rough for him, I think. I am agreeing with others on here that it's better for you in the long run, but I know it must be difficult now. Props to you for not actually punching him!

• Like 2

WTF?

Doesn't want to be legally bound to anyone anymore - wants to be free and do whatever, whenever for the remainder of his life. He purchased a house and he is starting to pack up - but he feels I should stay somewhat near - as we are like friends or family know as opposed to being married, so we'll be friends ...yeah... :banghead: :eh: :sarcastic:

I am just getting caught up on reading a few things- hugs to you! :hug2: I can only imagine your frustration at trying to separate out your things while your soon to be ex thinks he still wants to hang out! His attitude seems to me to be pretty immature and the real world after the divorce is going to rough for him, I think. I am agreeing with others on here that it's better for you in the long run, but I know it must be difficult now. Props to you for not actually punching him!

Thank you, Blueschica :hug2:

I signed my separation agreement today with my lawyer.

My relationship: RIP :rose: 12/19/1997 - 10/15/2020

Just this morning, the hub says, Ah, It's just a change in status, we can even start dating again.

But, do your best to make sure you sign the Agreement today, because we really need to move on.

I'm speechless. I really cannot put into words what I'm thinking or feeling and right now but I know it is not sadness.

WTF?

Just this morning, the hub says, Ah, It's just a change in status, we can even start dating again.

But, do your best to make sure you sign the Agreement today, because we really need to move on.

I'm speechless. I really cannot put into words what I'm thinking or feeling and right now but I know it is not sadness.

Aww, hugs to you librarian. I can imagine it was a very difficult day. 23 years is a lot of energy and time in a relationship. :hug2:

I am the kind of person that sometimes says there are 2 sides to a story but honestly, what planet is he living on?? Still friends? That is like something from high school. I will always remember one of my sister's boyfriends apparently using that line in our driveway. She yelled back, " Not friends!! My feelings are too deep! I can love you or hate you but I can't be friends!" I think that is true very often. Anyway with thinking like that from him it is better the relationship is ending, but I know it must be hard .

• Like 1

Wait, he doesn't mean you could date each other again, right? I'm not sure what feeling that sort of thing might provoke, either, but you're right -- it wouldn't be sadness.

Deep breath; this, too, shall pass; and never forget that strangers on the internet who also like Rush want nothing but the best for you!

• Like 1

WTF?

:hug2:

• Like 1

Wait, he doesn't mean you could date each other again, right? I'm not sure what feeling that sort of thing might provoke, either, but you're right -- it wouldn't be sadness.

Deep breath; this, too, shall pass; and never forget that strangers on the internet who also like Rush want nothing but the best for you!

Yes - he feels that we can go back to also dating each other again also - but that is not going to happen I think he has blown a gasket and has ham bananas lost his mind.

• Like 1

Yes - he feels that we can go back to also dating each other again also - but that is not going to happen I think he has blown a gasket and has ham bananas lost his mind.

What it provokes from me is anger and shock.

But I thank you for your kind words. :hug2:

Thank you to all of you here on the Forum. You all are keeping me together and I wholeheartedly appreciate it!!!

• Like 1

WTF?

Thank you :hug2: Cat3. Much appreciated! :sundog:

• Like 1

Just this morning, the hub loser says, Ah, It's just a change in status, we can even start dating again.

I'm a gonna be blunt. :) If I were in that situation, I would tell him this:

What I really need is to completely delete you from my life, you pathetic excuse for a man. Don't you ever contact me or come near me again.

• Like 1

WTF?

Thank you :hug2: Cat3. Much appreciated! :sundog:

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as I can't imagine what a difficult time this must be for you.

Here's my "easier said, than done" advice...

Find the strength to forgive him before you move on.

People say 'forgive and forget", which is impossible, you may be able to forgive, but forgetting is an altogether different proposition

You will find so much freedom and strength in forgiveness.

There's a saying that "unforgiveness is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die".

Don't give him that kind of satisfaction.

It has also been said that "living well is the best revenge".

Make up in your mind from this next chapter in your life onwards will be your best days.

Get in the best shape of your life, do all the things that you've wanted to do but had the anchor holding you back.

Laugh, have fun, try new things and don't allow the past to stop you from finding love again.

Also, please understand that it is him and his disfunction and not you to blame for this situation...

...you are an amazing individual who truly deserves to be loved, respected and treasured.

God bless you, my friend and don't forget you have your TRF brothers and sisters here in your corner who are a PM away.

~Love, Strength, Hope,

TC3

• Like 3

The damn rain. It's was raining on and off all day yesterday and today. We had a couple of downpours during the early morning hours, and it's drizzling as I write this. The swale (grassy area between the street and sidewalk) is flooded, as is the foot of my driveway. I will need to wait to let the standing water soak into the ground before I venture out. Twice this morning Rocky went out into the back screened-in patio, but refused to go outside. The third time he actually went out, staying under the overhanging palm trees for shelter. Dried him off and put out his morning food. Gray, wet, and dull.

Unless you've been living under a rock, you probably know that the name Karen was turned into a meme by a stupid comedian a few years ago. Now it's a derogatory word that is used to describe an entitled white woman. There was actually a 14-year-old girl named Karen who was bullied so bad that she killed herself. She was a member of this website https://www.behindth...om/name/karen-1
  • Like 1

(Extended) family drama about Thanksgiving. Some people feel if they put their fingers in their ears and stop listening, the chance of getting covid will go away.

I hear you. A longtime family friend is like that. Last spring when schools closed he called them “chicken”. It’s a bit disturbing since he's got two elementary school age kids and didn’t even think twice about it. “It’ll be fine” was one of his other comments

• Like 2

A year ago today my husband had his second stroke and the one that changed our lives for good. No recovery this time. What he is today is as good as it will get. It didn't have to be like this but he wasted precious recovery time by doing nothing to help himself. The rehab he was in didn't help either. That makes me very angry, but it's no use crying over spilled milk. What happened, happened. Time to let it all go.