What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

I do so desperately need to unwind tonight, but the little time I have to myself, I'm so exhausted right now, the only thing I want to do is go to bed.

It wasn't a good day. My husband's attitude toward his therapy stinks. He thinks there is nothing wrong with him; therefore, there is nothing wrong.

His brain is really in bad shape. It's hard to even describe the damage that was done because it isn't a consistent damage in one area.

The worst is that he is convinced he can drive. Heaven forbid.

I remember when I had my 'Mini Stroke back in '09. I was talking in total aphasia, my left side of my body was 'asleep' feeling, and I just took a nap right then on my couch. I got up later and all the symtoms were gone exept for the left arm and side of my body feeling like it was asleep. The next day I made an apointment at my Dr.s, and he sent me to a neurologist. He gave me a laying splayed out thingie, and found I'd had a 'mini' stroke, and nothing more. but I could do anything I could to before, and I was understandably weirded out. Never had anything like that again, thankfully. But I can understand how bad that situation is. Prayers to you and your husband, Lorraine!

WTccoRm.jpg

• Like 3

The vet said Sam is probably not going home. I'll be a wreck tomorrow and I'm pretty shitty now.

83318234_10221033678661025_5960719346132058112_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=9SsbSmyQx9kAX91bKhS&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=3de971d8cdabc1776f73d418e057a080&oe=5E8EA098

He looks like a sweetie- I'm really sorry to hear this. Sending hugs to you and Sam!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 4

The vet said Sam is probably not going home. I'll be a wreck tomorrow and I'm pretty shitty now.

83318234_10221033678661025_5960719346132058112_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=9SsbSmyQx9kAX91bKhS&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=3de971d8cdabc1776f73d418e057a080&oe=5E8EA098

What happened????

I feel so bad for you. Little worse than losing a much loved and loyal pet. Dogs are gems. They love you all the time no matter what you do or who you are.

Best remedy: a puppy. So many need good homes. Your home is just what they need.

• Like 4

I’m so sorry, JR. :(

I agree with Lorraine, though- after he’s gone, and once you’ve been able to make peace with it- a new dog may do wonders for you.

• Like 3

Thanks y’all. The good news is my dog has cancer and he’s home with us. Yesterday I thought we’d be putting Sam to sleep. We don’t know how long we have, weeks or days. Not likely more than six months. So we’ll make him comfortable. I’ll be focused more on making him happy.
  • Like 9

Sorry to hear about Sam, at least you can have more time with him. What a cute face :kisshug:. Give him some loves from me, I lost two of my cats last year and it hurts to see them go. Take care of yourself too :hug2:
  • Like 4

Thanks y’all. The good news is my dog has cancer and he’s home with us. Yesterday I thought we’d be putting Sam to sleep. We don’t know how long we have, weeks or days. Not likely more than six months. So we’ll make him comfortable. I’ll be focused more on making him happy.

I would never put an animal down as long as they were not in pain. I had to learn that the hard way.

You made the right decision. Sam may surprise you and make a turn-around and last longer than you think.

Please do keep me posted. No idle words either. Let me know how he is doing from time to time.

• Like 1

Nice to hear you have a little more time. I had the same circumstance with a Bordeaux we had a few years ago. It was nice having with us but hard at the same time. Those last few months were really good for me and the family. I hope your time will be as good.

• Like 3

My sister is in the midst of closing on her very first house, but no one will sell her homeowners insurance.

Reason: Her beloved dog, "Virgil", is half pit bull terrier.

My sister is in the midst of closing on her very first house, but no one will sell her homeowners insurance.

Reason: Her beloved dog, "Virgil", is half pit bull terrier.

Not cool.

• Like 1

Our next door neighbors are having to move because of health problems in the family. They are very nice and I'm sad they have to sell their house. They are having a family party out on the deck tonight and playing good music, which is awesome because it's 28 degrees out. I guess it's a last fling and they're keeping the house clean for showings.
  • Like 1

It’s been a month since we learned about Neil Peart’s death...and I was so heartened to see so many original TRF members and erstwhile regulars come around to pay their respects and share some good Rush stories, of times gone by.

A month. And now, with only a few exceptions, they’re pretty much all gone again.

It’s just...it’s been awesome to see all the people around for the past several weeks. And surely, I’m grateful for all the people who stick around and participate, and make this place what it is...I’m grateful to all of you.

That is all.

• Like 1

It’s been a month since we learned about Neil Peart’s death...and I was so heartened to see so many original TRF members and erstwhile regulars come around to pay their respects and share some good Rush stories, of times gone by.

A month. And now, with only a few exceptions, they’re pretty much all gone again.

It’s just...it’s been awesome to see all the people around for the past several weeks. And surely, I’m grateful for all the people who stick around and participate, and make this place what it is...I’m grateful to all of you.

That is all.

Sad that it took Neil's death for me to rediscover TRF, but I am glad I did.

• Like 3

That is all.

Sad that it took Neil's death for me to rediscover TRF, but I am glad I did.

Happy your back, Mara!
  • Like 1

Legendary Detroit DJ and MC Robin Seymour passed away today at 94. After stints at Detroit's WKMH and Windsor's CKLW, Robin went on as host of CKLW-TV'S Swingin' Time, a music/dance show featuring "performances" by local and national artists. Robin made it a point to push the local groups, and was early shot in the arm for Bob Seger, The Rationals, and others. Rest well, sir, we will miss you.

https://www.clickond...our-dies-at-94/

Edited by pjbear05

Legendary Detroit DJ and MC Robin Seymour passed away today at 94. After stints at Detroit's WKMH and Windsor's CKLW, Robin went on as host of CKLW-TV'S Swingin' Time, a music/dance show featuring "performances" by local and national artists. Robin made it a point to push the local groups, and was early shot in the arm for Bob Seger, The Rationals, and others. Rest well, sir, we will miss you.

https://www.clickond...our-dies-at-94/

Rest in Peace and thank you for flying that music flag high. :(
  • Like 2