What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

So sorry to hear this RushCanuck. It is hard to know what to say to people, do you mention things like their weight or smoking or not? We are struggling with the news of my SIL having pulmonary hypertension. She's on oxygen now and she was a heavy smoker for years, tried to quit several times but never made it. My hubby is very worried, I don't know what we would do if she passed this year after just losing his mom in July. Hang in there friend :hug2:

Thank you for the kind words, dear. I'm sorry you and your hubby are going through tough times. Hang in there also. :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 1

This may not seem like much, but I got my guitar out this morning, for the first time in months...and I didn't even know where to start.

I don't know what I'm doing anymore. Have to figure it out.

(And that's relative to more than just the guitar).

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

What made me sad today? Oh nothing really......

Just modern society, going nowhere in life, today's music, hating how I look, hating my personality, having no motivation for anything, and just wanting to disappear.

It's all too common my friend.. some days I feel like the earth flung me off and nobody noticed :/ gotta keep fighting the good fight Though ;)

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 2

What made me sad today? Oh nothing really......

Just modern society, going nowhere in life, today's music, hating how I look, hating my personality, having no motivation for anything, and just wanting to disappear.

It's all too common my friend.. some days I feel like the earth flung me off and nobody noticed :/ gotta keep fighting the good fight Though ;)

:goodone: I second that as I couldn't have said it better.

The TRF On/Off thread today. Two of my favorites gone. Thankfully some really good folks from time to time keep joining and contributing...
  • Like 2

:musicnote:

Wave after wave will flow with the tide

And bury the world as it does

Tide after tide will flow and recede

Leaving life to go on as it was... :musicnote:

• Like 3

Currently being blessed with a seven day stretch of uninterrupted sunshine.. which is going to give way to more seasonal weather (wind / rain) early next week. Bang goes my hopes of a proper Indian Summer, nevermind.

My buddy's wife is undergoing a double masectomy right now. :(

It is an awful thing, but it beats the alternative. She'll be alright.

Agreed.

My aunt had the same procedure done about five years ago, I think it was. She's been fine since then.

Agreed.

My aunt had the same procedure done about five years ago, I think it was. She's been fine since then.

Thanks for the supportive comments. :)
  • Like 2

Another big shooting scene going on on the west coast :( . Shepard Smith is doing the main coverage :( . Sadness all the way around... :(
  • Like 1

Another big shooting scene going on on the west coast :( . Shepard Smith is doing the main coverage :( . Sadness all the way around... :(

So awful, our news is just saying 7 to 10 dead. These are such terrible things that happen. :(

So awful, our news is just saying 7 to 10 dead. These are such terrible things that happen. :(

at 15 now :(

Agreed.

How old is your buddy's wife, Goose ?.. for a woman to lose her breasts is seen as a "big deal" - and consider themselves "less of a woman without 'em".. well, it shouldn't do as they are only there for a function and become redundant after the menopause anyway. There's far more to a woman than her tits.. instead of lamenting the loss of figure - praise the technology :)

• Like 1

Agreed.

How old is your buddy's wife, Goose ?.. for a woman to lose her breasts is seen as a "big deal" - and consider themselves "less of a woman without 'em".. well, it shouldn't do as they are only there for a function and become redundant after the menopause anyway. There's far more to a woman than her tits.. instead of lamenting the loss of figure - praise the technology :)

Very true.

at 15 now :(

Man...... :(