What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

My grandma passed away a few days ago. It's hit me pretty hard. We were very close and it was sudden, so it kind of feels unreal. RIP.

You were lucky to have such a great relationship with a grandparent. :ebert: I am envious.

• Like 2

My grandma passed away a few days ago. It's hit me pretty hard. We were very close and it was sudden, so it kind of feels unreal. RIP.

I'm sorry to hear this, Storm. Condolences to you and your family. :hug2:

• Like 2

Everything. There are days I wonder why I ever bothered getting sober. And staying sober. This is one of them.

What would we do without music to help out when all else fails? :)

So true. Boize I could do without, but without music, life might seem unbearable.

Hey, Lorraine, you should get a ukulele. They're cheap and easy to play. I suck at guitar, but on a uke I can play Cinnamon Girl, Let It Be, Hotel Cal and Stairway. Pretty much all I need to be happy. :P

• Like 4

Everything. There are days I wonder why I ever bothered getting sober. And staying sober. This is one of them.

Stick with it, Lorraine! Music will ALWAYS save us!

RpClKD3.gif

• Like 3

So true. Boize I could do without, but without music, life might seem unbearable.

Hey, Lorraine, you should get a ukulele. They're cheap and easy to play. I suck at guitar, but on a uke I can play Cinnamon Girl, Let It Be, Hotel Cal and Stairway. Pretty much all I need to be happy. :P

My mother played the banjo and my father played the accordion.

Is that a band or what???? :codger:

Whenever anyone mentions the uke, I always thing of that last scene in the movie Love With A Proper Stranger when Natalie Wood is walking out of Macys and she sees a crowd gathered around someone who has a sign that says "Better Wed Then Dead" and is playing the ukulele. It's Steve McQueen.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

My mother played the banjo and my father played the accordion.

Is that a band or what???? :codger:

Whenever anyone mentions the uke, I always thing of that last scene in the movie Love With A Proper Stranger when Natalie Wood is walking out of Macys and she sees a crowd gathered around someone who has a sign that says "Better Wed Then Dead" and is playing the ukulele. It's Steve McQueen.

Sweet.

One of my good friends from back home passed away early last week. I drove back home (2 hour drive) on Friday and stayed at my dad's and attended the funeral on Saturday. It was a beautiful memorial service. Plus I got to see friends I haven't seen in a long time and we all hung out Saturday night.

I drove back today and I've been a little weepy off and on but I'm doing better. Plus I go back to work tomorrow and I think that will help alot.

• Like 2

One of my good friends from back home passed away early last week. I drove back home (2 hour drive) on Friday and stayed at my dad's and attended the funeral on Saturday. It was a beautiful memorial service. Plus I got to see friends I haven't seen in a long time and we all hung out Saturday night.

I drove back today and I've been a little weepy off and on but I'm doing better. Plus I go back to work tomorrow and I think that will help alot.

I'm so sorry, Leanne. It's always hard to lose a friend. I'm glad it was a comforting service. :hug2:

• Like 3

I'm so sorry, Leanne. It's always hard to lose a friend. I'm glad it was a comforting service. :hug2:

Thank you. :heart: I'm feeling better today. Sometimes it tends to hit you harder after its all said and done!

• Like 4

It's been over a week since we had to put another one of our cats to sleep. Her mom Minnie left us in July, now Winky went to the Rainbow Bridge. She was a beautiful bicolor British Shorthair (like the guy in my sig but with white mixed with the dark blue). I still keep looking for her and it hits me again. I knew they were getting older (15 and 14 years old) and I would lose them but it always hurts so much. I don't care if I sound like a crazy cat lady but they were my fur babies and I love them still. :heart: :rose:
  • Like 4

It's been over a week since we had to put another one of our cats to sleep. Her mom Minnie left us in July, now Winky went to the Rainbow Bridge. She was a beautiful bicolor British Shorthair (like the guy in my sig but with white mixed with the dark blue). I still keep looking for her and it hits me again. I knew they were getting older (15 and 14 years old) and I would lose them but it always hurts so much. I don't care if I sound like a crazy cat lady but they were my fur babies and I love them still. :heart: :rose:

I'm sorry for your loss, Rhyta! It hurts so much when one of our fur babies leaves. We have had 2 of ours leave over the years as well; it's hard. Hugs to you and your fur family! :rose:

• Like 2

Tom Frates is no longer with us. Frates, who inspired The Ice Bucket Challenge lost his battle with ALS.

RIP, Tom.

Pete Frates was the guy who started the Ice Bucket Challenge, according to Wikipedia...

hAVwPX2.gif

• Like 1

Tom Frates is no longer with us. Frates, who inspired The Ice Bucket Challenge lost his battle with ALS.

RIP, Tom.

Pete Frates was the guy who started the Ice Bucket Challenge, according to Wikipedia...

hAVwPX2.gif

DOH! Boy, has my brain on the Fritz today. Don't know how Tom got ino the mix. Thanks.
  • Like 1

RIP, Tom.

hAVwPX2.gif

DOH! Boy, has my brain on the Fritz today. Don't know how Tom got ino the mix. Thanks.

You're Welcome, pjbear1 I Just wanted to find out about The Ice Bucket challenge and used that to search Wiki.

xHr23l6.gif

• Like 1

One of the neighborhood bucks, a young two-point, got hit and killed in front of our driveway around noon today. :(

The driver, a woman of 70yo or so, wasn't injured, but her car was trashed.

I had no idea this guy hadn’t died until yesterday but he apparently died a few months ago. Remember movie critic Bill Harris? He looked like Ned Flanders with his mustache. Loved his interview segments on Showtime back in the day. He’s always close out his segments with “We’ll....talk again!”