Should the extra song from [album] be permanently dropped?

rtrushfan

I say that they should drop Hemispheres - I love it, but it just doesn't sound right tuned down. I understand that Ged can't sing it anymore, since he couldn't sing it when they did the LP! It would be fantastic if it was replaced with Circumstances...

Talk about a song he'd bust a vocal cord on, that would be it.

I, for one, think Hemispheres sounds great tuned down. 2112, too. And, actually, I think it's time Xanadu gets brought down a half step. Geddy's struggling with it. :|

Yes-yes-yes. Give me The Big Money in Denver!

I don't know why they haven't played it. It's great live.

The cheesiest use of synths in a Rush song, and they played the bejesus out of this one. And enough with the friggin' synths! You had your tour! Now let me enjoy mine in piece! :codger:

I need a :smoke:

I agree. Can we have some honesty among fans? After GUP they released a fair amount of mediocre to bad songs. I like that they chose to skip them.

• Like 2

How about this -

The Anarchist

The Wreckers / CA / Wreckers

Headlong Flight

Far Cry

One Little Victory / How It Is / OLV

Animate

Lock And Key / Prime Mover / Turn The Page / Losing It (before Subdivisions)

Between The Wheels / DEW / BTW

Subdivisions

------

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta / TCE / Limelight and Natural Science

TSOR

Jacob's Ladder...etc

How about this -

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Far Cry

Animate

Subdivisions

------

Tom Sawyer

TSOR

Jacob's Ladder...etc

You're missing "The Main Monkey Business" and "Roll the Bones" as part of your first set.

They shouldn't drop either one of those because A) MMB is the only instrumental in Set 1 and B) the RTB Celebrity Rap video is THE highlight of Set 1!

Didn't mean to drop RTB, and second of all, The Main Monkey Boring is the worst instrumental that they have done ever. For first set instrumentals, I'd much rather get Where's My Thing (I know, we got that last tour, but it ROCKED!), Leave That Thing Alone or Malignant Narcissism.

How about a redo....

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Far Cry

One Little Victory

Leave That Thing Alone

Roll The Bones

Lock and Key / Prime Mover / Hand Over Fist / Losing It (before Subdivisions)

Between The Wheels / Distant Early Warning / Between The Wheels

Subdivisions

--------------

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta / YYZ & Natural Science / TCE

TSOR...etc

I say that they should drop Hemispheres - I love it, but it just doesn't sound right tuned down. I understand that Ged can't sing it anymore, since he couldn't sing it when they did the LP! It would be fantastic if it was replaced with Circumstances or La Villa. Also, Closer to the Heart is great live as always, but it is SO overplayed. And I could live without Subdivisions, but at least we're getting SOMETHING from the neglected Signals album besides the occasional Losing It. I do miss Limelight, as overplayed as it is, it was just so epic live!!!!!! Hopefully if they do one-off shows or a small tour after this, they will bring it back out. Anyways, still an excellent show, and I will be so glad to see the show in Kansas City for the second time this tour, and likely my last time seeing them (unless they do a small outing or something like Alex has hinted at)....

Drop Hemispheres? You want to take out one of the biggest highlights of the tour and add Hand Over Fist? Wow.

Edited by LedRush
  • Like 4

The cheesiest use of synths in a Rush song, and they played the bejesus out of this one. And enough with the friggin' synths! You had your tour! Now let me enjoy mine in piece! :codger:

I agree. Can we have some honesty among fans? After GUP they released a fair amount of mediocre to bad songs. I like that they chose to skip them.

The Big Money is the Subdivisions of PoW, a great song and when I attend a Rush show I expect it.

• Like 1

How about this -

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Far Cry

Animate

Subdivisions

------

Tom Sawyer

TSOR

Jacob's Ladder...etc

How about this -

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Far Cry

Animate

Subdivisions

------

Tom Sawyer

TSOR

Jacob's Ladder...etc

You're missing "The Main Monkey Business" and "Roll the Bones" as part of your first set.

They shouldn't drop either one of those because A) MMB is the only instrumental in Set 1 and B) the RTB Celebrity Rap video is THE highlight of Set 1!

Didn't mean to drop RTB, and second of all, The Main Monkey Boring is the worst instrumental that they have done ever. For first set instrumentals, I'd much rather get Where's My Thing (I know, we got that last tour, but it ROCKED!), Leave That Thing Alone or Malignant Narcissism.

How about a redo....

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Far Cry

One Little Victory

Leave That Thing Alone

Roll The Bones

Subdivisions

--------------

Tom Sawyer

TSOR...etc

I say that they should drop Hemispheres - I love it, but it just doesn't sound right tuned down. I understand that Ged can't sing it anymore, since he couldn't sing it when they did the LP! It would be fantastic if it was replaced with Circumstances or La Villa. Also, Closer to the Heart is great live as always, but it is SO overplayed. And I could live without Subdivisions, but at least we're getting SOMETHING from the neglected Signals album besides the occasional Losing It. I do miss Limelight, as overplayed as it is, it was just so epic live!!!!!! Hopefully if they do one-off shows or a small tour after this, they will bring it back out. Anyways, still an excellent show, and I will be so glad to see the show in Kansas City for the second time this tour, and likely my last time seeing them (unless they do a small outing or something like Alex has hinted at)....

Drop Hemispheres? You want to take out one of the biggest highlights of the tour and Hand Over Fist? Wow.

Nothing against Hemispheres. I LOVE Hemispheres, it just sounds so weird tuned down. And Hand Over Fist was their best song after Lock and Key and before Animate....

How about this -

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Far Cry

Animate

Subdivisions

------

Tom Sawyer

TSOR

Jacob's Ladder...etc

How about this -

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Far Cry

Animate

Subdivisions

------

Tom Sawyer

TSOR

Jacob's Ladder...etc

How about a redo....

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Far Cry

One Little Victory

Leave That Thing Alone

Roll The Bones

Subdivisions

--------------

Tom Sawyer

TSOR...etc

Drop Hemispheres? You want to take out one of the biggest highlights of the tour and Hand Over Fist? Wow.

Nothing against Hemispheres. I LOVE Hemispheres, it just sounds so weird tuned down. And Hand Over Fist was their best song after Lock and Key and before Animate....

There is so much wrong with that statement that I actually don't know where to start.

• Like 2

The Big Money is the Subdivisions of PoW, a great song and when I attend a Rush show I expect it.

Unfortunately, PoW isn't Signals. And, thus, The Big Money isn't Subdivisions.

• Like 1

Why do you hate Synth people?

Because they're different from me. And because they come to Rush concerts, where they clearly don't belong, and they gobble up all the performance time by whining that the band has to play their synth era songs.

:)

• Like 3

Because they're different from me. And because they come to Rush concerts, where they clearly don't belong, and they gobble up all the performance time by whining that the band has to play their synth era songs.

Haha! I was about to write the same thing.

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/ultimateclassicrock.com/files/2014/11/Rush-premium.jpg?w=600&h=0&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89

http://progarchy.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/rush1987.jpg

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/images/books/metal-hammer-04.03.1989/metal-hammer-04.03.1989-15.jpg

The glory days!

• Like 1

I find that answer unsettling. Maybe (probably) you were joking, but

Come on man! You have keys to the Hallowed Hall. You know we do much joking. How many more times can we debate the subjects we debate here seriously...Permanent Waves is better that Moving Pictures...TRUTH!

Edited by JohnRogers

Come on man! You have keys to the Hallowed Hall. You know we do much joking. How many more times can we debate the subjects we debate here seriously...Permanent Waves is better that Moving Pictures...TRUTH!

I just wasn't taking too kindly to the "I hate them because they're different" thing. I just don't find that very funny, I guess. Call me a stick in the mud, but I don't like that.

And, no, Moving Pictures is better…but only slightly. :P

How about this -

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Far Cry

Animate

Subdivisions

------

Tom Sawyer

TSOR

Jacob's Ladder...etc

How about this -

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Far Cry

Animate

Subdivisions

------

Tom Sawyer

TSOR

Jacob's Ladder...etc

How about a redo....

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Far Cry

One Little Victory

Leave That Thing Alone

Roll The Bones

Subdivisions

--------------

Tom Sawyer

TSOR...etc

There is so much wrong with that statement that I actually don't know where to start.

i DO like Hand Over Fist, but NO.

I just wasn't taking too kindly to the "I hate them because they're different" thing. I just don't find that very funny, I guess. Call me a stick in the mud, but I don't like that.

If you read John's post, and the language he used, and then mine, and the language I used, the joke should have been apparent. You can always just respond to posts where someone says it's just too difficult to choose between Permanent Waves and Test for Echo as to which album they like better.

• Like 1

If you read John's post, and the language he used, and then mine, and the language I used, the joke should have been apparent. You can always just respond to posts where someone says it's just too difficult to choose between Permanent Waves and Test for Echo as to which album they like better.

I know it was a joke. I just didn't find it funny.

I know it was a joke. I just didn't find it funny.

That's why they make chocolate and vanilla I guess. But looking down your nose at something that you now say you recognize was a joke, and is itself not internally offensive (unless you think saying people who like the synth era are different is offensive) suggests maybe you take things too seriously.

• Like 1

I'd be ok with the Wreckers being axed for a deep cut like Prime Mover to rep HYF.

On paper Prime Mover is a great choice but Geddy can't hit those notes anymore, just imagine:

Anything CAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN *cough, hack, wheeze* happpennnhhh!!