Should the extra song from [album] be permanently dropped?

rtrushfan

OK, so we know that they have been dropping the extra "Clockwork Angels" song ("Clockwork Angels" or "The Wreckers") whenever they play "Losing It", but should they drop these extra rotating songs permanently in place of something else from their catalogue?

I say, YES!

The biggest gap in this tour's setlist is the gap in-between "Roll the Bones" and the Grace Under Pressure song.

I wish they would add in a great "Hold Your Fire" track like "Turn the Page" or "Lock & Key". Hell, even "Mission" would be great in that spot.

And then, when they come to cities where they will play "Losing It" with the violinist, they can drop this new 80s slot to make room for it.

I wish they would do this from this point on in the tour or even if they decide to extend the tour into 2016.

Hope Springs Eternal! :)

Edited by rtrushfan
  • Like 3

I agree also. The set flows better and feels a little more comprehensive with just two CA songs to start. I know some people really love that album, but nearly 15 minutes of set time (TA and HF) still represents it pretty well.

As much as they may have gone overboard with the synth songs last tour, it feels too far in the other direction this time. Another synth era song would be good and I think "Mission" would fit into this set perfectly.

• Like 1

I'd agree to drop a CA song for a TFE one, but I don't need any more synth songs after getting saturated with them in the last tour. If something else from the synth era is played, I'd only accept it if it was never or very rarely played, like Afterimage.

I'd agree to drop a CA song for a TFE one, but I don't need any more synth songs after getting saturated with them in the last tour. If something else from the synth era is played, I'd only accept it if it was never or very rarely played, like Afterimage.

I'd love "Afterimage" in a RUSH setlist, but there's already a good representation of "Grace Under Pressure" in the current R40 setlist, even though it's songs that have been played in concert during the last decade's tours.

"Hold Your Fire" has been represented on tour from R30 to Clockwork Angels but only with 3 songs, and there's at least 3 other songs on that album that would sound great within this current setlist.

RUSH needs to stop holding their fire! ;)

Yeah, but I'd drop headlong, and keep clockwork Angels.

Then in the extra slot something like a Prime Mover, Open Secrets, Lock and Key rotator, or even permanently keeping Natural Science.

• Like 2

I'd want something like Open Secrets or Lock and Key.

Absolutely without doubt my two favorites of HYF. Criminally underrated. Could easily (maybe not easily) but could definitely be swapped out for CA. Too many longish newer songs front loaded in the set.

• Like 1

How about this -

The Anarchist

The Wreckers / CA / Wreckers

Headlong Flight

Far Cry

One Little Victory / How It Is / OLV

Animate

Lock And Key / Prime Mover / Turn The Page / Losing It (before Subdivisions)

Between The Wheels / DEW / BTW

Subdivisions

------

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta / TCE / Limelight and Natural Science

TSOR

Jacob's Ladder...etc

Totally agree, would love to see something from HYF... how about rotating Tai Shan and High Water?

I mean, yes I'm joking, but no I'm not.

Prime Mover and Turn the Page are favorites of mine from that album... would've loved to see either of those instead of... oh wait, I got Losing It, I'm not complaining.

I'm glad I saw the last tour, because as part of the "Yes I Do Love the Synths Era" contingent, those 80s deep cuts warmed my soul. But since they'd already done the Keyboard Dream setlist, I was fine glancing over that era briefly on this tour.

EDITED: Typos, come on man.

Edited by AndroidOnTheRun

Drop the Wreckers and Lakeside Park (only because Geddy struggles with it). Add Losing it and the Weapon.

Edited by Shemp

How about this -

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Far Cry

Animate

Subdivisions

------

Tom Sawyer

TSOR

Jacob's Ladder...etc

You're missing "The Main Monkey Business" and "Roll the Bones" as part of your first set.

They shouldn't drop either one of those because A) MMB is the only instrumental in Set 1 and B) the RTB Celebrity Rap video is THE highlight of Set 1!

• Like 1

Yes-yes-yes. Give me The Big Money in Denver!

I don't know why they haven't played it. It's great live.

The cheesiest use of synths in a Rush song, and they played the bejesus out of this one. And enough with the friggin' synths! You had your tour! Now let me enjoy mine in piece! :codger:

I need a :smoke:

• Like 2

The cheesiest use of synths in a Rush song, and they played the bejesus out of this one. And enough with the friggin' synths! You had your tour! Now let me enjoy mine in piece! :codger:

I need a :smoke:

Only if you share. :D

• Like 1

How about this -

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Far Cry

Animate

Subdivisions

------

Tom Sawyer

TSOR

Jacob's Ladder...etc

How about this -

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Far Cry

Animate

Subdivisions

------

Tom Sawyer

TSOR

Jacob's Ladder...etc

You're missing "The Main Monkey Business" and "Roll the Bones" as part of your first set.

They shouldn't drop either one of those because A) MMB is the only instrumental in Set 1 and B) the RTB Celebrity Rap video is THE highlight of Set 1!

Didn't mean to drop RTB, and second of all, The Main Monkey Boring is the worst instrumental that they have done ever. For first set instrumentals, I'd much rather get Where's My Thing (I know, we got that last tour, but it ROCKED!), Leave That Thing Alone or Malignant Narcissism.

How about a redo....

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Far Cry

One Little Victory

Leave That Thing Alone

Roll The Bones

Lock and Key / Prime Mover / Hand Over Fist / Losing It (before Subdivisions)

Between The Wheels / Distant Early Warning / Between The Wheels

Subdivisions

--------------

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta / YYZ & Natural Science / TCE

TSOR...etc

I say that they should drop Hemispheres - I love it, but it just doesn't sound right tuned down. I understand that Ged can't sing it anymore, since he couldn't sing it when they did the LP! It would be fantastic if it was replaced with Circumstances or La Villa. Also, Closer to the Heart is great live as always, but it is SO overplayed. And I could live without Subdivisions, but at least we're getting SOMETHING from the neglected Signals album besides the occasional Losing It. I do miss Limelight, as overplayed as it is, it was just so epic live!!!!!! Hopefully if they do one-off shows or a small tour after this, they will bring it back out. Anyways, still an excellent show, and I will be so glad to see the show in Kansas City for the second time this tour, and likely my last time seeing them (unless they do a small outing or something like Alex has hinted at)....