RIP Chris Squire

CygnusX-1Bk2

A truly inspirational player. One of the greats.

1511044_10205906548960464_1614171965406627834_n.jpg?oh=e517d51d53bbfbbaa814ef6de2fdbed1&oe=561C99B8

Thanks for taking the time to chat!

• Like 5

This one is for the players, hence its location. :)

• Like 1

For me it's the classic Roundabout. That's when I first heard him. But learning their catalog later Close To The Edge is a benchmark for how he interplayed with Bruford. Also Heart of the Sunrise is another favorite, Yours Is No Disgrace, Starship Trooper, Ritual, Going for The One, Parallels, so many great examples of his playing.

He was the first guy to split his Ric pickups to separate amps.

• Like 2

I love the solos ( HOS, Ritual, Fish) but for some reason my all time Chris´favorite bass line is the one from Siberian Kathru..... opening statement at the concert beginning to set the pace for the rest of the night´s electric bass guitar performance....growling. Edited by Geddy Jazz

RIP this big, amazingly talented man with big heart. One of the best bass players in rock'n'roll history.

Dave Bassquez wrote at Yes' FB page:

"Sick to my stomach. I ordered a signed copy of the "fish out of water" CD and when it was held up due to a postal strike in the UK he personally called me on my cell phone to apologize. That's the man Chris Squire was."

•  

• Like 1

As a young, cocky bass player (around age 13) I hung out with dudes that were much older than I was. I boasted that I could learn any song on bass from any artist and play that song from front to end. The older dudes schooled me by putting a YES song on the turntable. Can't remember which one but that is irreverent anyway. RIP Chris Squire.