New to the forum!

New_World_Man

I didn't really see any specific place for new members to introduce themselves so I assume I can do it here. Anyway, I just officially joined today(or at least was officially approved today). I've been a RUSH fan for about 30 years or so. I bought signals on cassette tape soon after it came out but didn't really get into them until I discovered my brother's friend was a big fan and it made me want to explore more(this was in the mid eighties). I soon borrowed his tapes and eventually bought my own(either on tape or cd). I actually went to my first RUSH concert with the same guy in the fall of 1987 on the Hold your Fire tour. My interest in music is as follows. As a kid I really only knew about the Beatles. Then at age 111/2 or so I got big into pop music and bought 45's. About a year later I got more into mainstream rock and the band I was most interested in was Led Zeppelin. I eventually bought all their stuff. Soon after this I got into YES and then RUSH. It was the more exploratory sounds and adventurous nature of these bands that interested me more than the rocking parts although being into Led Zeppelin I was ok with the harder edge qualities as well. Over all I consider myself a prog rock fan first and foremost. However, RUSH is a band that although they obviously swam in progressive waters for a while they are a band that has delved into other areas as well and that's something that makes them stand out. They are willing to test themselves and try new things. Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of this forum. It seems like a great place.
  • Like 7

Harro!

Bruce Springsteen #1, Lacuna Coil #1A

Edited by Segue Myles

Welcome, many of us try not to take life too seriously around here.

Are you going to give him "the test"?

• Like 1

Welcome... :cheers: Rush #1 and Yes #1A in my view....

RUSH, YES but also Genesis, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Kansas etc. In other words all the usual suspects. I basically just like good music though.

• Like 3