Chris Squire has passed away.

ReRushed

OMG, from elation of the most incredible rush show in Jersey last nite, and Philly Thursday...now near tears...

Saw Yes last summer with the new singer and Chris Squire looked awesome, played awesome. Eleven months ago. Then he falls ill, now this...So fleeting life is. RIP Chris Squire :(

• Like 2

RUSH and YES are probably my two favorite bands of all time if I had to pick just two. I just saw Rush for the fourth time but have seen YES about ten times. For the longest time YES was at the top of my list probably but these days I don't like choosing favorites. Anyway, this is very sad news. I never learned to play the bass guitar but he is one of the greatest bass players of all time and was truly his own player. Geddy mentioned him as a big influence which doesn't suprise me one bit. Anyway, I'm a bit surprised at the news even though I knew he had leukemia. Also, kind of strange that my first post on a RUSH fan website would be about the passing of someone from another band but YES was a very important band in my discovery and deepening of rock in general and particularly progressive rock music. RIP the fish. Edited by New_World_Man
  • Like 3

The sad news won't end. As I said in another thread, this year sucks in terms of big losses.

R.I.P. Chris. :rose:

Got backstage at a YES show on the 'Talk' tour. While 'Talk' is not known as a great album, the concert I saw in Nashville was killer.

They were just a 5 piece I think, with Anderson, Squire, Kaye, Rabin and White.

Backstage at the meet and greet all 5 guys were nice and friendly. Had a great music discussion with Trevor Rabin.

I had always been a casual YES fan up to the point, so I was not starstruck as I should have been.

I remember Squire saying to me, "Glad to have you at your 1st YES show".

To date still the only YES show I was ever at. I am thankful for the unique opportunity to see and meet a rock legend. And now a huge YES fan

RIP Chris

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag153/Freedom80065/0628151454_zpsp7e3qlcq.jpg

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag153/Freedom80065/0628151454a_zpsp71qzb2t.jpg

• Like 1

My 2nd fav band for almost 40 years. This man and that bass and its sound...

• Like 1

One of the greats. R.I.P

It pisses me off that the music establishment has never recognized bands like deep purple and yes.. Key members, Jon lord and now Squire, passing away, and no recognition. It's f***ed up.

Could not agree more. Both bands should've been in the HOF years ago.

So pleased I got to see Yes twice.

RIP Chris.

Edited by driventotheedge

Now it is on Rush website as well, there Geddy is saying a few words:

http://www.rush.com/...uire-1948-2015/

Although it obviously means nothing at this point I am shocked to see that he and Ged had never met. Wouldn't have won that bet if asked. Again RIP Mr. Squire :rose: . Gonna spin some Going For The One tomorrow and probably cry some... :(
  • Like 1

One of my biggest heroes; I truly won't be sadder about a musician's passing until I get news about a Rush member. Squire was the reason I'm such a big Yes fan, and his 1975 solo album is one of my very favorite albums. I'm very sad, but thanks for all the music and inspiration, Chris. Glad I got to see Yes in concert several times.

You know Geddy will say something about Squire at the next Rush show, as he did about Entwistle.

Edited by GeddyRulz
  • Like 1

This man was a bass hero to me. His lines were inventive and melodic, and tone...his TONE was unmistakable. A great voice to go with the timeless Jon Anderson like hand in glove. Yes wrote the progressive book on so many levels, and achieved great success late in their career. What can you say other than thank you Chris for inspiring, and driving Yes in so many directions. Always concerned with the path of the band, he wasn't perfect. The band had their squabbles, and Chris was a major pain in the ass at times--because of his vision for the music. You gotta respect that. Thanks Fishman:

I love this

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 2