Chris Squire has passed away.

ReRushed

Rush and Yes are #1 and #1A in my view. Terrible news. The loss of a great bass player and showman. His backing vocals were also very key to the "Yes sound" in my view. RIP big guy :rose: One of my favorite photos of the band below. Love the threads....

1024px-Yes_concert.jpg

• Like 2

After being on such a high after last night's Rush show, I am now very sad. Chris has been a big part of my musical listening/concert going history and I will miss him.

RIP Chris and thanks for the memorable bass lines.

Edited by custom55

Awwww...., man....! :(

Total legend, and the creator of the beautiful bass line to one of my favorite songs Owner Of A Lonely Heart.

Rest in peace, dude.... :rose:

• Like 1

One of the greats. R.I.P

It pisses me off that the music establishment has never recognized bands like deep purple and yes.. Key members, Jon lord and now Squire, passing away, and no recognition. It's f***ed up.

• Like 3

Terribly sad news, indeed.

Rest in Peace Chris.

Many thanks for the joy your music has brought to this world. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm6w_hKwXGU

Great post. I couldn't bring myself to listen to it though :( . This album and AFTK are tied for my favorite all time by anyone anywhere. I may listen to Awaken tomorrow but I know I will be brought to tears... :(

A huge loss. It may now be time for Yes to hang it up. RIP.

Agreed. I have all I need to remember them by with only the greatest fondness...

Yeah I don't think I would be into Prog as much if it wasn't for Yes.

Huge.

It was 90125 tht opened the door for me, I used to go to the record store and just stare at the yes album covers, they seemed to out there to me as a 12 year old, I never knew what the music sounded like aside from the few tracks I had heard from that period. Opened up a whole new world for me.

Sad news. One of my favorites for sure . . . 67 is too young - but what a great life of creating great music. Yes album on now . . .
  • Like 1