Newark, NJ Periscope Thead- June 27

ytserush

Thanks Keith! Any surprises tonight? Just got my son to bed.

New setlist. Set E. Same as Set D for the first half, but 2nd half has The Camera Eye.

Hopefully I'll get to hear either Natural Science or Camera Eye in Portland. Not sure what to expect now. Already heard A and if its A again so be it but I was hoping to hear B or C (or now D or E). Who knows, maybe there will be an F?

Hmmmm...

Anyway, need a feed for the encore...

There were times I wanted to shake him like a crying baby. But in the end he was all we had, and he came through for us!!!!

Thanks Keith. And go sleep it off! :D

• Like 1

G'night all! Another great concert. And as for drunken revelry, just remember, in a year, you'd give several small bodily appendages to watch Rush live on your computer, drunken singing and all.

Not sure about the giving of appendages, but you make a good point that this will all be over soon and we will miss it.

• Like 3

Please excuse me while I pick my jaw up from the floor.

Holy crap…they ROCKED tonight! Geddy hit EVERY SINGLE NOTE. Neil was awesome, as usual, and Alex killed it! Minor glitch on Closer to the Heart, but it wasn't his fault. Setlist E, let's call this. How It Is was excellent live, as was Losing It (OMFG Losing It!!). Xanadu and 2112 were the highlights for me. Every single person, me included, was standing and singing along! My dad and I both got shirts, but I nearly forgot mine! I had to run back in and grab it…luckily my seat was relatively close to the exit. I had such an awesome time, and I hope that maybe someday they'll come back. :rush:!

Edited by Disk98
  • Like 6

I wish I could get Losing It in KC. Those lucky bastards...

Excuse me sir, I may be lucky but sure as heck not a bastard ;)

Edited by Gabrielgil513

I am. Doesn't bother me. :)

Just a joke, no offense intended :)

Yes sir, me too! I'm a little surged from adrenaline. I was screaming from the floor "they skipped CA" like a young schoolboy for half an hour!

• Like 2

Here I was thinking Newark's gonna get Set A when I was pleasantly surprised that they got Set E instead. Now, I'm even more anxious (in a good way of course) heading into Monday's show as I'm not sure which set they'll play but I hope if the speculations are true, Losing It will be played. I'll be happy with any set either way.

Alex made a small error on the guitar outro to Xanadu

I was there. Alex was AWESOME all night long. His solos were fly. He interacted with the band and the audience. There was the one major screw up at the beginning of CTTH.

• Like 1

Just a joke, no offense intended :)

Yes sir, me too! I'm a little surged from adrenaline. I was screaming from the floor "they skipped CA" like a young schoolboy for half an hour!

ME TOO! Lol!

Wow! Did Ben Mink string on Losing it? (Sorry to be catching up).

Not Ben Mink, Johnathan Dinklege, who was on the CA Strings

Johnathan is from Morristown NJ along with his brother who also makes an appearance in tbe RTB rap video.

I liked Dinklage's version more than Mink's.

The crowd last night was fantastic and I was truly shocked by the curveball we were thrown. Can't wait to see Monday. I've been to 3 shows now and haven't gotten Natural Science and gave up on the idea...until about 8:30 last night, that is.

• Like 3