What is a "Tobe" (as in Tobes of Hades) ?

What is a "Tobe" (as in Tobes of Hades) ?

If you do not believe Hades exists, and if a Tobe is/was something only found in Hades, by definition a Tobe could not exist, however, if a Tobe could exist outside Hades, or you were to suspend your disbelief for a moment, then what actually is a Tobe ?

Hmmm... possibly, in fact probably, but...

1. How many other words has NEP made up in 41 years ? (OK, I realise that at this point I might be swamped by examples !).

2. What IS a Tobe anyway? Even if it is made up, what does it represent? Is it just easier to use "Tobe" in a lyric than "dank subterranean tunnel or chamber, or whatever a Tobe is meant to represent ? It is entirely logical that a Tobe could be a sort of lemon meringue pie which is a speciality of Hades, rather than a subterranean chamber ?

By-tor was a play on "biter" (I believe) & Snowdog is a description rather than a made up word (I think).

Neil has said it's from a saying a friend of the family used when he was younger. Apparently this man used to say "It's hotter than the Tobes of Hades in here," and Neil took that word to use in his lyrics.

Edit: He has acknowledged it's not a real word and means nothing.

Edited by x1yyz
  • Like 3

A Tobe is the name for one triangular segment of Toblerone

That chocolate is going to get all melted being so close to that flickering torchlight :|

• Like 9