3 days before the show and I read a spoiler. ugh! (no spoiler here)

paul2112

So I was Googling Rush news and a spoiler popped up! I won't say which song it was but I am a few days from the Philly show and I hadn't read any spoilers up until this point. I even ignored the Rolling Stone article! Ugh! I really need to stay off the internet.
  • Like 2

Honestly I'm not surprised. The only way to stay spoiler free is to stay off the Internet.

Yep, between my laptop and smartphone, I spend way too much time on the internet now to avoid concert spoilers. I don't know how anyone does it today with the way information travels.

The biggest mistake the OP made was doing an internet search for Rush while they were on tour. You need to avoid anything that is associated with the band to stay spoiler free today. Some people on this forum got it right. You'll see them disappear once a tour starts and they won't show up again until after their show.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Honestly I'm not surprised. The only way to stay spoiler free is to stay off the Internet.

Yep, between my laptop and smartphone, I spend way too much time on the internet now to avoid concert spoilers. I don't know how anyone does it today with the way information travels.

The biggest mistake the OP made was doing an internet search for Rush while they were on tour. You need to avoid anything that is associated with the band to stay spoiler free today. Some people on this forum got it right. You'll see them disappear once a tour starts and they won't show up again until after their show.

Exactly. All the new stuff is going to come up with pictures.

For the song I'm almost positive you saw, it isn't really a spoiler because they probably won't play it again on the tour. They only played it for The DVD in Toronto.

Actually this line of thinking has been changed as of Montreal sound check. Google rush news ;)

I don't get the don't spoil it for me crowd. Don't want to know the setlist which is current Rush news by definition, yet google and read current Rush news sites? Did I get it right?

• Like 1

Meh, you guys and your spoilers. I knew exactly what they were going to play and it didn't affect the show one bit. In fact it gave me the opportunity to re-familiarize myself with some of the older tunes. Its actually kind of annoying at the shows when overtime they break in to a new tune some guy is yelling "they're playing this song! Man I can't believe they're playing this song! WOOED THIS SJONG!!!!..."
  • Like 1

I get the spoiler thing, I watched periscope of the debut in Tulsa, even knowing half the set list, it was mind blowing experience, not knowing the other half. I didn't even know periscope existed an hour before the tour began!

Still I would hate to give up all the fun scoping, chatting about all the shows and enjoying current Rush news...this one last time...of this magnitude ;)

Meh, you guys and your spoilers. I knew exactly what they were going to play and it didn't affect the show one bit. In fact it gave me the opportunity to re-familiarize myself with some of the older tunes. Its actually kind of annoying at the shows when overtime they break in to a new tune some guy is yelling "they're playing this song! Man I can't believe they're playing this song! WOOED THIS SJONG!!!!..."

Spoiler drama.... I knew what they were playing and how they were playing it and still thoroughly enjoyed the show. It's a LIVE CONCERT ferrissake....

I am fine with spoilers, and get people who aren't. It was good knowing the setlist actually, since I took a friend who only is familiar with RUSH through Signals, so he got familiar with the first set. I enjoyed the show a lot. I think the setlist rotation thing is also a good surprise if you don't know the rotations. I wasn't too familiar with -song that kicks off encore- very well, although I do love it live, and I am glad that I got to know it better before the show.