• Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test for Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Snakes and Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

Presto. It consistently sucks. At least S&A has the pretty good Far Cry on it and the instrumentals don't suck.
  • Like 3

Moving Pictures. It just flows better than any other album

Honorable Mention: Hold Your Fire (it does trail off towards the end though IMO)

Another vote for Moving Pictures. It's magnificent all the way through, from the first note of Tom Sawyer to the last note of Vital Signs.
  • Like 1

There is not one second of Moving Pictures that doesn't sound out of place or wasted. No lost opportunities. I used to think "The Camera Eye" was the weak link for being too repetitive, I have since changed my mind!

For me it's anything from Hemispheres to Presto (yea yea i know Presto)

Mick

You'll be pleased to know my ten year old listened to Presto with me recently. He liked it much more than I did. However, I tolerated it pretty well.

• Like 1

Counterparts, it consistently sucks

Moving Pictures. It just flows better than any other album

This

I went CP as it consistently sucks. MP has Witch Hunt and Vital Signs, were are huge drop offs from the amazing songs on the rest of the album. Hemispheres and CoS are probably the most consistently awesome albums. Vapor Trails may be the most consistent as well...consistently good, with few amazing songs and no bad ones.

For me it's anything from Hemispheres to Presto (yea yea i know Presto) oh excluding Grace. Hate that record.

Mick

Signals to Presto is the bands least consistent stretch to my ears. So much of the band's worst output thrown together with some legitimately great music, often distributed 50/50.

For me it's anything from Hemispheres to Presto (yea yea i know Presto) oh excluding Grace. Hate that record.

Mick

I mostly agree with that. Everything from Hemispheres to HYF for me, excluding Grace too, I don't hate it but it has too many songs I don't care about and the ones I like I'm not crazy about. I like Presto more than GUP but it has a few songs I don't care about.

Edited by Tuesday's Gone
  • Like 2