Summer 2015

Disk98

This was the first year I can ever remember wearing long sleeves, jeans, and a jacket to go out and watch fireworks on the 4th of July.

There was too much fog and I couldn't see the fireworks here. Well, I couldn't see the official fireworks. There were some pretty extravagant illegal fireworks going off in the Mission District.

You mean,

There is some thing illegal in that city? :LOL:

• Like 2

It's raining and it's gloriously cool. We desperately needed the rain as it hasn't rained here in well over a month.

By contrast, we have been getting copious rain, and today it is hazy sunshine and 82 degrees.

• Like 1

We've actually had an entire day without rain so far. I'm amazed. Although there are some kind of dark clouds moving this direction. Crap.

It's actually felt like summer this last week. We've had sunshine and it's been over 80. Perfect weather.
  • Like 2

This was the first year I can ever remember wearing long sleeves, jeans, and a jacket to go out and watch fireworks on the 4th of July.

There was too much fog and I couldn't see the fireworks here. Well, I couldn't see the official fireworks. There were some pretty extravagant illegal fireworks going off in the Mission District.

Aw, that's a shame.

Yeah, there were plenty of illegal fireworks going off in my neighborhood, too. I hate that stuff. I don't know why I dislike it so much; I just do. I feel like such an old man, saying that, too. Feel like I should open my front door and shake my cane at them or something.

:codger:

We set of some small fireworks...fountain of sparks type stuff. My mother, the retired insurance agent was freaking out, as was her tech exec son. I was happy to play the role of Crazy Fun Uncle! :LOL:
  • Like 1

Sure feels like summer here. Beautiful 84° and bright sunshine. Love it!

Nice. Here in Northe NV it's perfect. Partly cloudy, mid 80s. Just got done with some family tennis. Headed to Six Flags Vallejo tomorrow.
  • Like 1

Folks, not for nothing, but I've had it with this summer and the heat. I will be more than happy to bid it farewell.

Today is the third day in a row of 99/100. For some strange reason, it feels hotter today than it has.

The only good thing is that the sun goes down much earlier and that our nights have been, for the most part, cool. That's the advantage of living in a climate with very low humidity. I think the humidity today is 15% but hot is hot.

I'm about to wilt, and this computer generates a lot of unnecessary heat. :(

100 farenheit here today, and the what would be blue sky is almost entirely obscured by the smoke from all the field fires. Basically, this is the closest thing ive ever seen to "hell on earth" weather-wise.

We've had that too. Yesterday the sun was nothing but a little red ball in the sky.

It's not so bad today. In fact, it's a blessed relief. Low seventies.

Fall is in the air,

And it rained all weekend. :madra:

The mornings have been getting down into the 40's here, which makes the house nice and cool all day. Feels like Fall.

Baby, it's cold... we turned on the heat... :sigh: Summer is supposed to return this weekend, and I will believe it when I see it.

Same here,

I can't complain though. We have had an awesome summer. Fall time is wonderful here when it comes to trout fishing and the tourists are leaving! :7up:

Edited by troutman
  • Like 2