Summer 2015

Disk98

Post your complaints about the heat here!

Thank you. I've stayed off of the summer threads because I know what it feels like and how annoying it can be when you love a season and someone else does nothing but complain about it.

I hate the heat and I hate the summer.

The weathermen here are predicting this coming Saturday through Monday to be in the vicinity of 98 to 104. It matters not whether we have low humidity. Which we do. Sweltering heat is sweltering heat.

We live in a tin box and there's no relief from the heat.

I can't wait until September. July is our worst month. I'm already tired of the heat since our warm weather began here much earlier than normal. We had July weather in June. Now we have to endure it for July too.

I'm finished complaining now. :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

At 7:30 this morning, it was 79 degrees here (that's 26C, for anyone outside the U.S.)...as you might be able to guess, the air is not what I would call crisp, either.

I think it's going to be rather hot today, yeah.

Post your complaints about the heat here!

Thank you. I've stayed off of the summer threads because I know what it feels like and how annoying it can be when you love a season and someone else does nothing but complain about it.

I hate the heat and I hate the summer.

The weathermen here are predicting this coming Saturday through Monday to be in the vicinity of 98 to 104. It matters not whether we have low humidity. Which we do. Sweltering heat is sweltering heat.

We live in a tin box and there's no relief from the heat.

I can't wait until September. July is our worst month. I'm already tired of the heat since our warm weather began here much earlier than normal. We had July weather in June. Now we have to endure it for July too.

I'm finished complaining now. :)

Sounds like you need to do some baking this weekend. :P

• Like 1

Today it is 100.

Tomorrow it will be from 104 - 106.

I know some here really like the heat, but dear me.......

Good grief. That's crazy heat... :o

And it's not even July. That's the worst part. This type of heat we usually only get the first two weeks of July. I'm already summered out because we have had unusually warm weather here since April.

The best I can hope for is what happened one summer - it rained all of August and was delightfully cool. :cool:

We've had rain almost every day for the past week and it's supposed to continue for another week. Yuck.
  • Like 1

Hasn't been very hot yet in Chicago, but damn has it been rainy. June has looked like a stereotypical April in terms of rain. So it has interfered with some of my outdoor plans.

That said, I'll take rain over 20 inches of snow anytime. ANYTIME.

• Like 1

France doesn't have extremes in heat/cold like we do.

You are welcome to come to my neck of the woods and experience 105 degrees without air conditioning.

My nephew is visiting from Oregon this week and he said he was glad to get out of there because it was supposed to be 108.

France doesn't have extremes in heat/cold like we do.

You are welcome to come to my neck of the woods and experience 105 degrees without air conditioning.

My nephew is visiting from Oregon this week and he said he was glad to get out of there because it was supposed to be 108.

He's right. Give him your rain and tell him to bring it back here.