Summer 2015

Disk98

Not quite cold here yet (91 today). You won't hear me complaining about the exit of summer as it has been a very long and exceptionally HOT one here.

I've got my Dutch oven.

I'm all set for Autumn and Winter!

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I can't say summer is officially over out here. Next week it's going back up to the low eighties. But today it's cold. A leaden gray sky and in the low fifties. I've been debating for the past hour whether to put the heat on or not.

I'm glad your awful heat wave is over, anyway! We are still having one here, mid 80's.

I can't say summer is officially over out here. Next week it's going back up to the low eighties. But today it's cold. A leaden gray sky and in the low fifties. I've been debating for the past hour whether to put the heat on or not.

I'm glad your awful heat wave is over, anyway! We are still having one here, mid 80's.

It's been 90s this week in Iowa. I'm loving it and don't want it to go away. I hate the cold more than I hate the Packers.

• Like 2

It's been 90s this week in Iowa. I'm loving it and don't want it to go away. I hate the cold more than I hate the Packers.

It's still in the mid to high 80's here daily and the nighttime temps haven't gotten below 70 yet but the signs of the summer ending are definitely apparent. Once the temps start dropping in the 60's overnight every night then it's all downhill from there and head on into fall. Fall and even early winter are great around here anyway. Only typically January and February are "cold" here anyway and cold is certainly relative. 30 overnight and low 40's during the day ain't bad for a couple months. Just looking forward to turning the ac off and running nothing for a couple months and watch that utility bill drop like a rock. The difference in 250.00 plus a month and 130.00 makes a huge difference.. :dweez: Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

When you graduate from college, you ought to look for a job in and move to Arizona or Florida or some other place where there is heat twelve months a year. I understand it gets quite toasty in Palm Springs. My friend's daughter lives there.

And I have a friend who lives in Fresno. Another toasty place in the summer. Always well over 100 degrees.

Edited by Lorraine

When you graduate from college, you ought to look for a job in and move to Arizona or Florida or some other place where there is heat twelve months a year. I understand it gets quite toasty in Palm Springs. My friend's daughter lives there.

And I have a friend who lives in Fresno. Another toasty place in the summer. Always well over 100 degrees.

Way ahead of ya...been looking everywhere south of here.

• Like 2

On top of the heat, we have an infestation of what I think are box elder bugs. All over the screens in the kitchen and living room. When I kill a bunch of them, I come back ten minutes later and there's a whole new bunch of them. Raid doesn't seem to do much. I'm not even sure they are box elders.

This is a first for us. It's always something. :(

What is an elder bug?

the elder race brought it back with them! Ha ha, I crack myself up!
  • Like 1

http://hdwpics.com/images/129AEC2D83D6/beautiful-fall-scene-with-small-inlet.jpg

As summer is about to come to an end, I want to wish all of my TRF brothers and sisters a happy fall 2015!

Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 5

Even in Myrtle Beach SC you can kind of feel its coming. It's been dropping consistently in the 60's overnight for about a week now. It's still in the mid 80's during the day...
  • Like 1

I was out walking the dog this evening about a hour before dark and the earthy leaf smell and cool undertone to the air definitely felt like fall coming this way.
  • Like 3

I was out walking the dog this evening about a hour before dark and the earthy leaf smell and cool undertone to the air definitely felt like fall coming this way.

http://blog.everlastingfootprint.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/spring-equinox-symbol.png

All is in balance....

• Like 1

The high here on Sunday was 90ºF, on Monday it was 86º, and today it was 66º and blustery. Blah.

:hug2:

The upside...we're one day closer to the GHOST show!!! :haz: i need one of these to wear...then I'd have everything.

http://rlv.zcache.com/sweet_casper_tshirt-r6566cd765c3c4afe87172f72f8978cf5_8najz_324.jpg

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

http://hdwpics.com/images/129AEC2D83D6/beautiful-fall-scene-with-small-inlet.jpg

As summer is about to come to an end, I want to wish all of my TRF brothers and sisters a happy fall 2015!

26 degrees right now.

Okay, I'll stop complaining about the cold! ;)

• Like 3

26 degrees right now.

Balmy...short weather! :)

• Like 2

26 degrees right now.

Okay, I'll stop complaining about the cold! ;)

The good thing is,

It is clear and nice out.

• Like 2

26 degrees right now.

I would thrive in Alaska, I love cold weather.

The one thing I like about it is,

The dry cold. It can be hard on your skin. But I hate the cold wet sh**!

Edited by troutman
  • Like 2

26 degrees right now.

I would thrive in Alaska, I love cold weather.

The one thing I like about it is,

The dry cold. It can be hard on your skin. But I hate the cold wet sh**!

The dry cold isn't as bone chilling as the wet. I always get colder if I go down south because they have such high humidity and 30° there feels colder than 20° further north.

• Like 1