Favorite member of Rush ?

Tuesday's Gone

Favorite member of Rush ?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite musician in Rush ?

• Geddy Lee
    • Alex Lifeson
    • Neil Peart
    • Too hard to choose
  2. 2. Who do you prefer, personality-wise ?

• Geddy Lee
    • Alex Lifeson
    • Neil Peart
    • Too hard to choose
  3. 3. Who do you like the least, personality-wise ?

• Geddy Lee
    • Alex Lifeson
    • Neil Peart
    • Too hard to choose

Geddy is amazing, but I love what Alex does with a guitar.

It'd be great to have a chat with Geddy. Alex could come too.

Neil wouldn't want to meet me, a peasant fan, anyway.

• Like 2

1. Too hard to choose even with Alex having the "least" to do.

2. Too hard to choose between Alex and Geddy.

3. Easy Neil, he has the most Douche Bag Eliteist aboot himself.

That said all three are probably fine gentlemen. I appreciate their music. They don't owe me anything.

• Like 2

Geddy is my favourite member, and favourite musician.

I respect Neil, but if he is a private person, my loud and quirky personality would surely tip him over the edge!

• Like 1

Although I am I guitar player, Geddy is my all-time favorite bassist and I consider his vocal abilities part of his being a musician ... Love Alex too ..

I loved Neil's drumming in the 70s, but as time went on, he became so stiff and mathematical, less Keith Moon-like ( reckless or spontaneous )

1) Geddy is the musician

2) Too hard to call between Ged and Alex

3) Neil

Edited by Lucas

I loved Neil's drumming in the 70s, but as time went on, he became so stiff and mathematical, less Keith Moon-like ( reckless or spontaneous )

You know CA's drum parts were completely spontaneous right? Neil changed his approach for that record. Just sayin'

Just another facet of the masterpiece

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

geddy's my favorite musician. his solo albums in the 80s, like HYF, really show that he could stand on his own without the band. okay, bad joke

young alex especially reminds me of one of the various burnouts I've hung out with. always a good time. and alex still smokes, jokes, etc.

I don't have anything against neil's personality or anything, but I'd rather have him as a college professor (anything but poli sci) than actually talk to the guy. and that horrible and unusual disease he's afflicted with, the one where he's an extreme introvert unless he's talking to another famous musician or someone who has never heard of his band, I just don't wanna make it worse, because I'm a good, true rush fan. :)

• Like 4

Geddy, Geddy and too hard to choose. I think they're all fine, personality-wise. I'd love to sit down and talk to any of them.
  • Like 1

geddy's my favorite musician. his solo albums in the 80s, like HYF, really show that he could stand on his own without the band. okay, bad joke

young alex especially reminds me of one of the various burnouts I've hung out with. always a good time. and alex still smokes, jokes, etc.

I don't have anything against neil's personality or anything, but I'd rather have him as a college professor (anything but poli sci) than actually talk to the guy. and that horrible and unusual disease he's afflicted with, the one where he's an extreme introvert unless he's talking to another famous musician or someone who has never heard of his band, I just don't wanna make it worse, because I'm a good, true rush fan. :)

TrueRushFan

Who's your favorite musician in Rush ?

Too hard to choose. I was tempted to vote for Alex because his virtuosity on guitar has never been recognized to the extent Ged's bass playing and Neil's drumming have, but in the final analysis I just think there is a unique synergy between the three. Eliminate any of the three and it just wouldn't be Rush.

Who do you prefer, personality-wise ?

Another tough one. My immediate impulse was to vote for Geddy, because he just has come across so consistently over the years as such a cool guy and has a great sense of humor and never fails to express his appreciation for the fans in a manner that seems heartfelt. But Alex is so funny! Neil is a genius but is just a tad too aloof to be a serious contender here. So, despite a strong urge to pull the lever for Geddy, I went with "too hard to choose".

Who do you like the least, personality-wise?

This is an easy one: Neil.

• Like 1

TrueRushFan

Is it coincidental that the first letters to each of those words is the same as The Rush Forum? I think not. :LOL:

• Like 1

Geddy and Alex seem like guys that you would have as brothers. Neil seems like that weird uncle that the family never wants to talk about. :LOL:
  • Like 4

TrueRushFan™

Is it coincidental that the first letters to each of those words is the same as The Rush Forum? I think not. :LOL:

What about the initials?

TrueRushFan™

What about the initials?

You have something to add?

• Like 1

1. Geddy is the most talented musician in the band

2. He is also so sweet and loving towards other people.

3. Need I explain why I chose Neil? At least be respectful to your fans instead of treating them like shit.

• Like 2