Bring on the dvd sooner than later!!!

nicky6

If they want to cash in from the rare "Losing It" and song and other 70's song Jacobs Ladder,Hemisphere,Cygnus,Xanadu etc.. I'm sure they'll have it out by X-Mas imo

A lot of times with these live dvds/videos, they hire someone who doesn't know the bands stage presence or moves. now we all know durning The Big Money, the camera should stay on neil after the solo to see him throw his drum stick. that's how you know they know rush.. but most are just guns for hire who a lot of times try filming these live concerts as if they were Hollywood movies with special effects..

I agree, how they are getting boring. not the same as actually being there.. but if they shot it like R30, it would be great.. to me, that was the best one so far..

Yeah I agree. It was very well done.

Too bad Ged's voice wasn't the best that night.

On R30? I think it's fine.

It wasn't bad or anything, but it wasn't as good as I've heard on other videos from that tour, most notably NYC.

I agree, how they are getting boring. not the same as actually being there.. but if they shot it like R30, it would be great.. to me, that was the best one so far..

R30 is an excellent DVD if we're talking vocals, imo. Listen to Ged on Red Barchetta for example.

• Like 2

I also hope they used higher end cameras this time. TM was 1080p 30FPS but CA was 1080i 60 FPS. I prefer full HD over frames per second.

It seems like a very trivial thing, but I prefer HD over FPS as well. Aside from the shaky cameras (which I don't understand why you would use that for a concert film) the fact that CA Tour was 60fps/1080i instead of 30fps/1080p was something that I didn't really like video wise. It gives me the impression I'm watching some sort of PPV event over a concert "film" for lack of a better term.

I also hope they used higher end cameras this time. TM was 1080p 30FPS but CA was 1080i 60 FPS. I prefer full HD over frames per second.

I'm not a fan of the frames per second effect they used on R30/S&A/Time Machine. It was made to resemble a "movie". something like 24fps or maybe less it seemed like. Rio and CA had a faster framerate, so the motion and movement looked more "lifelike" instead of like a "film", if that makes any sense.

Something comparable would be like what Sylvester Stallone did on Rocky Balboa (aka Rocky 6). The movie was filmed in 24fps, and when they got to the fight, he wanted it to resemble a live event, so he used high shutter speeds and a faster framerate. I prefer concerts to have that feel rather than to have a dreamy movie type feel.

Edited by maxdistortion

R30 is an excellent DVD if we're talking vocals, imo. Listen to Ged on Red Barchetta for example.

R30 was a great performance overall. It was just mixed a little odd. They added a "delay" effect to ged's vocals to kinda simulate it being a live, big venue and all. It made his voice sound a bit overpowering. Compared to Rio where it was faint.

Maybe Ray Danniels is reading this and will pass the word on to them. ;)

Hiya, Ray! :hi:

Has the band ever admitted to going onto TRF before?

i don't know. Someone here once said they did to get ideas for song lists. That may be true, because how else would they have known that Rush fans were clamoring for Xanadu, Jacob's Ladder and Losing It?

Exactly, and I sincerely hope they have enjoyed playing those songs as well.

Hopefully it's not...

:rage: f***ing fans :rage: Stupid jerks :rage: Thanks a lot :rage: We don't want to do these songs :rage: Hope these pricks are happy :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:LOL: :laughing guy:

Just having some fun here.

• Like 1

I just hope they hire someone who knows how to do a good concert video. I've seen better videos on YouTube than the last official release.