Bring on the dvd sooner than later!!!

nicky6

Release a DVD.

I'm not buying it lol

Every live DVD should come with an option to watch the show from one locked camera angle, as if you're watching from one seat.

When I go to concerts, I don't usually have the ability to fly around, hover over the drum kit, and stand right in front of Lifeson while he's doing a solo.

I agree with you. I think it would be great if they could do a camera on each one of them so if say you only wanted to watch Neil play TSOR you could set it that way.

I think so too. either that, or split the screen three ways so you can focus on whoever you want playing. Lots of times the camera is on Geddy and I want to watch what Alex is doing, not him. Or I want to watch Neil play the drums when the camera is on either one of the other two.

• Like 2

Every live DVD should come with an option to watch the show from one locked camera angle, as if you're watching from one seat.

When I go to concerts, I don't usually have the ability to fly around, hover over the drum kit, and stand right in front of Lifeson while he's doing a solo.

I agree with you. I think it would be great if they could do a camera on each one of them so if say you only wanted to watch Neil play TSOR you could set it that way.

F**king stalkers. :cool:

• Like 1

One of the things I love about the Rush in Rio DVD, disc 2 is the ability to at least lock it onto one of them. The multi-angle option for YYZ, O'Baterista and La Villa with a focus on each of the three or a wider angle shot. It still switches every few seconds but at least I can control the view somewhat. I'd love to see R40 have this option for the entire show!!! I know it would end up making a huge box set (perhaps 4 or 5 DVD and 2-3 bluray discs).

I'm surprised my Rush in Rio disc 2 still works as many times as I've watched those three songs.

One of the things I love about the Rush in Rio DVD, disc 2 is the ability to at least lock it onto one of them. The multi-angle option for YYZ, O'Baterista and La Villa with a focus on each of the three or a wider angle shot. It still switches every few seconds but at least I can control the view somewhat. I'd love to see R40 have this option for the entire show!!! I know it would end up making a huge box set (perhaps 4 or 5 DVD and 2-3 bluray discs).

I'm surprised my Rush in Rio disc 2 still works as many times as I've watched those three songs.

You just watch, they'll probably release the DVD in some sort of box set so you have to buy the whole thing just to get the one DVD.

Edited by EagleMoon

Yes, Rio does have that option - but unless I'm misremembering, I think La Villa just sort of fades out - you don't get the whole song.

Or maybe they can pull six TRF members names out of a hat.

There ya go :)

I wonder how long it would take to see the light of day? :laughing guy:

Rush would be planning their R50 tour and we would still be arguing over the production of the R40 dvd.

Edited by Lorraine

Rush would be planning their R50 tour and we would still be arguing over the production of the R40 dvd.

Well you know if they're doing the songs that the fans want they should do the DVD the way we want as well. There's good editing and there's bad editing and they need to find someone that can do some good editing.

• Like 1

A bonus for R50 VIP package: the R40 Blu Ray!

• Like 1

Maybe Ray Danniels is reading this and will pass the word on to them. ;)

Hiya, Ray! :hi:

Has the band ever admitted to going onto TRF before?

i don't know. Someone here once said they did to get ideas for song lists. That may be true, because how else would they have known that Rush fans were clamoring for Xanadu, Jacob's Ladder and Losing It?

They should get my hint and play Chain Lightning and Tai Shan.

I'd pay for the entire venue if I have too haha!

• Like 1

I'm kind of hoping the film makers do what the crew for Zeppelins "celebration day" DVD/blue Ray.

They filmed in 2007 in HD. before HD was commonplace. Actually now that I think o it R30 WAS filmed in HD but we didn't see that until 2011.

But yeah hopefully they look ahead to the future and filmed the Toronto shows in 4k . and the audio in hi-res download , since that's the latest craze .

Who in their right mind ever got the idea that ANY live concert video should be edited like a fast paced MTV video? Very slow pans or long steady camera shots are the way to go and we really don't care that much about seeing the audience.
  • Like 2

Maybe Ray Danniels is reading this and will pass the word on to them. ;)

Hiya, Ray! :hi:

Has the band ever admitted to going onto TRF before?

i don't know. Someone here once said they did to get ideas for song lists. That may be true, because how else would they have known that Rush fans were clamoring for Xanadu, Jacob's Ladder and Losing It?

I don't know how they could resist the temptation, at least at some point. :LOL:

DVD who watches DVD anymore. Can't wait for the bluray

I always buy blu-rays anymore and bought the CA one. Boy what a waste that was. Hopefully this one is better, especially on the editing and the sound.

I can't wait either . unlikely it'd be out for this upcoming holiday season, so likely next year.

That frantic style of editing has become all the rage since about the mid 2000s.

And I really can't. Stand how they're taking this mixing approach where everything is compressed, gedddys bass has no midrange tonal character (mostly deep low end and crisp clarity but without much fundamental tone).

and Neils drums, with all of his air-drummable composition (not JUST drumfills), reduced to mere delicate subdued "taps" rather than the thunderous EVENTS like on r30/ different stages / exit stage left.