• Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto

So predictable.

Polls can be BORING if you take them seriously, but they can be used for lively discussion. I mean, what have we left uncovered?

Any ideas post your own or PM someone who does these regularly with an idea if you wish to remain anonymous.

I was simply referring to the predictability of Pictures, Moving getting the most votes. As for Waves, Permanent. anything that is released, music, books, movies, etc has a release date and as we all know (but some fail to recognize) Permanent Waves was released on January 1st, 1980. Therefore, it is an 80's album. If you want to use a different date, which one do you choose? The one where the first thought of it happened? The first day of them getting together to hash out ideas? The first day of actual songwriting? You see where this is going, I hope.

If that wasn't the case, every piece of music released would have different dates instead of the actual date it was released to the general public. To claim otherwise is simply foolish.

I agree with this!

So predictable.

Polls can be BORING if you take them seriously, but they can be used for lively discussion. I mean, what have we left uncovered?

Any ideas post your own or PM someone who does these regularly with an idea if you wish to remain anonymous.

I was simply referring to the predictability of Pictures, Moving getting the most votes. As for Waves, Permanent. anything that is released, music, books, movies, etc has a release date and as we all know (but some fail to recognize) Permanent Waves was released on January 1st, 1980. Therefore, it is an 80's album. If you want to use a different date, which one do you choose? The one where the first thought of it happened? The first day of them getting together to hash out ideas? The first day of actual songwriting? You see where this is going, I hope.

If that wasn't the case, every piece of music released would have different dates instead of the actual date it was released to the general public. To claim otherwise is simply foolish.

Everyone not only knows, but recognizes the release date of Permanent Waves. Yet the release date of promotional copies of "The Spirit of Radio" was in late 1979. So even by that logic, which ignores the time of the composition, performance, recording, and when it was first heard, "The Spirit of Radio" is a 70s song.

As far as the "different date" I go by, it's when it was recorded.

• Like 2

MP, because Permanent Waves is a 70s album.

No! It is a 1980 album!!!!!

A 1980 album, but not an 80's album. Learn the difference.
  • Like 1

God this arguement is still going on?..........WHOOOOOOOO CARRRRRRRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

lol

Mick

I miss the CA fanboying haha

• Like 2

God this arguement is still going on?..........WHOOOOOOOO CARRRRRRRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

lol

Mick

Who here likes Madrigal?
  • Like 2

lol

Mick

Who here likes Madrigal?

Me! Love it, not so much in isolation, but as a lead into Cygnus book one

• Like 2

The first album of the 80's is the best album of the 80's.

But are you talking about PeW or MP ? Much confuse. wow

Not confusing at all...MP is the first 80s Rush album.

Yes.

• Like 1

Yes.

Thanks for the clarification ;)

I'm ready to declare the truth.

• Like 1

So predictable.

I agree with this!

Rush didn't release their 1978 Hammersmith Odeon show until 1996. Does that make it a 90s concert? Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch