1. 1. Which is the best 80's album?

• Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto

The arguments about PeW being a 70's or 80's release are almost as annoying as TM's in your face fanboying.

IF YOU DON'T THINK PeW IS AN EIGHTIES ALBUM DON'T VOTE FOR IT!

The arguments about PeW being a 70's or 80's release are almost as annoying as TM's in your face fanboying.

and it's beyond stupid. it's a great album......just shut up and enjoy, lol

Mick

• Like 5

Mick

Also...my little piece...

If PeW is dated by the end of recording sessions rather than release date, then I think by that reasoning if you celebrate birthdays, next time you have a birthday live by that standard and celebrate it on the date of your conception lol.

• Like 2

MP, because Permanent Waves is a 70s album.

No! It is a 1980 album!!!!!

So if you bought it in 2011 you can call it a 2010s album?

What? It does not matter when you buy it. We are talking about when it got released.

No, you are talking about when it was released. I am talking about when it was composed, performed, recorded, and heard for the first time, all of which have more to do with the album than when the record company decided to release it.

Stylistically it belongs to the 80's.

Clockwork Angels is the best from that era

I giggled hahaha I enjoyed that!

• Like 1

Mick

If PeW is dated by the end of recording sessions rather than release date, then I think by that reasoning if you celebrate birthdays, next time you have a birthday live by that standard and celebrate it on the date of your conception lol.

There's a reason it's called a BIRTHDAY.

• Like 1

Mick

In Goatnut, it's pronounced berfday

Mick

Yes, but is your age correct? You 100% sure those first month's in the womb don't qualify as an aging factor?

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7dbdZlsR3Y

I missed this banter lol

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7dbdZlsR3Y

I missed this banter lol

Hey man. Did you get your cupcake? If not here it is...opening shot

Dude that's really kind!

*proceeds to eat them all*

• Like 1

Mick

Yes, but is your age correct? You 100% sure those first month's in the womb don't qualify as an aging factor?

Of course they do but how is that relevant to this discussion?

• Like 1

Mick

Of course they do but how is that relevant to this discussion?

It's not but I didn't raise the tired PeW era issue.

What? It does not matter when you buy it. We are talking about when it got released.

No, you are talking about when it was released. I am talking about when it was composed, performed, recorded, and heard for the first time, all of which have more to do with the album than when the record company decided to release it.

Thats just stupid. They might have wrote some of the songs 1978. How do you know? Is it a 1978 album then?

Thats just stupid. They might have wrote some of the songs 1978. How do you know? Is it a 1978 album then?

I believe that on the album sleeve it gives the dates which the album was recorded, and they're in 1979. Therefore, it's a 1979 album.

• Like 2

I believe that on the album sleeve it gives the dates which the album was recorded, and they're in 1979. Therefore, it's a 1979 album.

I agree...hence I refer to it as a seventies album.

I also believe we are all at the most nine months older than we have come to think of ourselves.

• Like 1

So hard to vote, I'd usually go Permanent Waves but I've been enjoying Signals a lot lately. Chemistry is the only weak point.
  • Like 1

I also believe we are all at the most nine months older than we have come to think of ourselves.

Couldn't agree more.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more.

Most who die aged 99 should be referred too as having lived a century. It's something that bugs me but meh...

I will now vote HYF again, playing it and it edges out MP by the teensiest smidgey roo

So predictable.

Polls can be BORING if you take them seriously, but they can be used for lively discussion. I mean, what have we left uncovered?

Any ideas post your own or PM someone who does these regularly with an idea if you wish to remain anonymous.

I was simply referring to the predictability of Pictures, Moving getting the most votes. As for Waves, Permanent. anything that is released, music, books, movies, etc has a release date and as we all know (but some fail to recognize) Permanent Waves was released on January 1st, 1980. Therefore, it is an 80's album. If you want to use a different date, which one do you choose? The one where the first thought of it happened? The first day of them getting together to hash out ideas? The first day of actual songwriting? You see where this is going, I hope.

If that wasn't the case, every piece of music released would have different dates instead of the actual date it was released to the general public. To claim otherwise is simply foolish.

• Like 2

So predictable.

Polls can be BORING if you take them seriously, but they can be used for lively discussion. I mean, what have we left uncovered?

Any ideas post your own or PM someone who does these regularly with an idea if you wish to remain anonymous.

I was simply referring to the predictability of Pictures, Moving getting the most votes. As for Waves, Permanent. anything that is released, music, books, movies, etc has a release date and as we all know (but some fail to recognize) Permanent Waves was released on January 1st, 1980. Therefore, it is an 80's album. If you want to use a different date, which one do you choose? The one where the first thought of it happened? The first day of them getting together to hash out ideas? The first day of actual songwriting? You see where this is going, I hope.

If that wasn't the case, every piece of music released would have different dates instead of the actual date it was released to the general public. To claim otherwise is simply foolish.

Aaah I getcha!

So many poll complaints I misunderstood!

I get why they are loved, but I truly don't believe they dipped after MP. The votes should be more evenly spread if you ask me.