The Latest Van Halen squabbles - Hagar: f**k you Eddie, you're a liar!

treeduck

It never ceases to amaze me how VH constantly turns into these high school cafeteria type dramas. It turns me off and I couldn't care less about the band at this point.

EVH had the world by the balls and threw it away. Epic waste of talent.

Love the bit he said about David Lee Roth about how he needed to grow up and act his age. Now THAT'S true. :LOL:
  • Like 1

Love the bit he said about David Lee Roth about how he needed to grow up and act his age. Now THAT'S true. :LOL:

Both of them act like spoiled kids,

It really is sad.

Yeah it is. Eddie Van Halen could have done so much more if he hadn't been whacked out on drugs all that time too.

• Like 1

Both of them act like spoiled kids,

It really is sad.

Yeah it is. Eddie Van Halen could have done so much more if he hadn't been whacked out on drugs all that time too.

Yep,

They had it all back in the day. I love listening to their music but silly fights have been a pattern for the band for many decades.

• Like 1

It never ceases to amaze me how VH constantly turns into these high school cafeteria type dramas. It turns me off and I couldn't care less about the band at this point.

Haha.. How did he waste his talent? VH was one of the biggest bands in the world for close to 20 years. It was only after Sammy left in 95 or so that he fell apart. Eddie van halen has nothing to prove. He redefined rock guitar for a whole generation of players ( much like a drummer we all love who was around during the same period) Right up until Tye Balance album, they were still a commercially viable band. Eddie is a f***ed up prick at times, but his influence and impact overshadows any personality flaws. Most musicians of his caliber are known to be difficult pricks. It's part of what makes them great.

Edited by Xanadoood

this is all true xanadood. He's still a dick though. Why trash people? He should be taking the high road. It makes him look like more of a dbag.

Exactly,

Talent is only part of it. Your attitude is a lot more. I did find this which is fu***** cool! :haz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCCWXAp49So

Edited by troutman

These public feuds kind of sour me towards the band.

Much like Aerosmith...I love their music but don't fancy spending my hard earned money going to see a group of guys go through the motions knowing they themselves would rather be anywhere else but in stage together.

I'm a huge Kinks fan and have been hoping for a reunion for years now.

Now, after reading so much of Ray and Dave Davies fighting like children in the press I really don't care either way.

The thing I don't get about Van Halen is that if Wolfgang is the bass player, just move on with that fact.

There really is no need to verbally attack Michael Anthony like that.

• Like 3

Ed may be a prick, but Sammy is an even bigger one.

You are fu***** stoned!! :smoke:

Eddie is the prick.

Sammy is a victim playing peice of shit. In his latest facebook video, the whole idea was to defend Michael Anthony, but soon enough he goes straight into. "Oh I'M the victim, feel sorry for ME. Eddie f***ed with me for no reason whatsoever." This isn't about YOU Sammy, it's about Michael Anthony. And by the way, you say in interviews many times that you would like to be friends with Eddie again, yeah well...MAKE UP YOUR f***ing MIND. Do you still like him or do you hate him?

Eddie is the prick.

Sammy is a victim playing peice of shit. In his latest facebook video, the whole idea was to defend Michael Anthony, but soon enough he goes straight into. "Oh I'M the victim, feel sorry for ME. Eddie f***ed with me for no reason whatsoever." This isn't about YOU Sammy, it's about Michael Anthony. And by the way, you say in interviews many times that you would like to be friends with Eddie again, yeah well...MAKE UP YOUR f***ing MIND. Do you still like him or do you hate him?

Lol you talk about rock bands like girls do celebrity gossip in Us Weekly

Edited by Segue Myles

Haha.. How did he waste his talent? VH was one of the biggest bands in the world for close to 20 years. It was only after Sammy left in 95 or so that he fell apart. Eddie van halen has nothing to prove. He redefined rock guitar for a whole generation of players ( much like a drummer we all love who was around during the same period) Right up until Tye Balance album, they were still a commercially viable band. Eddie is a f***ed up prick at times, but his influence and impact overshadows any personality flaws. Most musicians of his caliber are known to be difficult pricks. It's part of what makes them great.

Yeah. You can say he's allowed his problems to cost him the last 20 years (although A Different Kind of Truth "sounds" good, even if most of the the stuff was more than 30 years old). But between the debut and Balance he consistently put out the best guitar work in the world.

• Like 1

I don't know about that. I'm pushing 50, and I was 11 when the debut came out. So I'm guessing Dave's in his 60s. How many 60 somethings do we really want running around in @ssless chaps? :)

I don't know about that. I'm pushing 50, and I was 11 when the debut came out. So I'm guessing Dave's in his 60s. How many 60 somethings do we really want running around in @ssless chaps? :)

David Lee Roth: 60 years old (10-10-54)

Edward Lodewijk van Halen: 60 years old (1-26-55)

Alexander Arthur van Halen: 62 years old (5-8-53)

Michael Anthony Sobolewski: 61 years old (6-20-54)

Just what should rock & rollers in their 60's be doing? I haven't the foggiest idea...... :laughing guy:

Van Halen was released on February 10, 1978. I was 16 years old and a junior in high school. I went to my first high school house party that year. That album was played non-stop. Guys just kept flipping the vinyl over and over again..... :LOL: :lol:

• Like 3

Yeah. You can say he's allowed his problems to cost him the last 20 years (although A Different Kind of Truth "sounds" good, even if most of the the stuff was more than 30 years old). But between the debut and Balance he consistently put out the best guitar work in the world.

Yeah, since , lets say the late 90s. Soon after VH3, is when he really went off the rails. but so many legendary musicians go through a burn out phase. Clapton was a friggin zombie through the 70s. And how about Page? Talk about burn out after Zep broke up.

Eddie is the prick.

What ever dude,

Whining about Sammy because of Eddie's personal and band member problems is BS! Especially with Anthony. You can make all of the excuses you want to. I love Eddie as a guitar player but he has a lot of issues.

• Like 2

How many mature rockers do you know regardless of age?

Mature old folks died with my parents WWI generation.

We don't breed much maturity anymore.

Rock n roll is all about immaturity. It's part of why most get involved in bands, to avoid responsibility and the 9-5 day job bullshit. A good majority of musicians I've met are dicks. They just think differently .

• Like 2

How many mature rockers do you know regardless of age?

Mature old folks died with my parents WWI generation.

We don't breed much maturity anymore.

You love an old man and an even older man is your next target! :codger:

Yes, he was hooked on meth during the 00's, and used industrial ammounts of cocaine during the 80's and 90's.

Eddie http://randomstory.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Eddie-Van-Halen.jpg

Meth??? Are you sure????

OK....you may be right!http://www.dezinfo.net/images2/image/06.2009/rockstarscolledge/1006.jpg

• Like 4

It's always a roller coaster with Eddie when it comes to DRL and Sammy. Now he's throwing Michael Anthony in the mix ? Stop it Ed.
  • Like 1

Sammy Hagar was and still is the Dave Grohl of his day. All musicians who've met him have nothing but great things to say about him. He give off kind of an El Duderino vibe if you ask me.

I've read his autobiography and this just confirms what a control freak asshole EVH is. He may be a great guitarist but I'd rather have a Cabo Wabo with Sammy. They're Sammy's f***ing songs. He has EVERY right to play them. This is CCR suing John Fogerty for ripping himself off with Old Man Down The Road all over again. EVH needs to let it go.

Edited by invisible airwave