BIG SPOILER in TO!

losingit2k

Would love to start a poll..."will that song ever be played again"

But even that is a spoiler...damn.

L2K - so happy for you, bud. The emotions you must be feeling are beyond words. Remember the day. If you believe in something long enough, it can happen. Congratulations are your good day, my friend.
  • Like 2

This just further cements that notion in my mind that the bigwigs in the Rush camp were looking at the fan boards. Many people wanted to hear this one, along with some others they are playing on this tour. No doubt about it.

This just further cements that notion in my mind that the bigwigs in the Rush camp were looking at the fan boards. Many people wanted to hear this one, along with some others they are playing on this tour. No doubt about it.

I doubt it since it will probably only be played in Toronto. If they played that and it led into Countdown, I might well die on the spot.

• Like 2

I doubt it since it will probably only be played in Toronto. If they played that and it led into Countdown, I might well die on the spot.

Most likely, since Ben Mink is probably not traveling with them. But they still did play it. I doubt they would have bothered at all if not for the fans really wanting to hear it. Plus, it will be on the DVD for all of us to enjoy. :)

And I'm with you on Countdown. Fire up that space shuttle, baby!! :dweez:

• Like 1

Most likely, since Ben Mink is probably not traveling with them. But they still did play it. I doubt they would have bothered at all if not for the fans really wanting to hear it. Plus, it will be on the DVD for all of us to enjoy. :)

And I'm with you on Countdown. Fire up that space shuttle, baby!! :dweez:

Yeah...doubt they redo it without Ben...maybe the "official" final show? Cool stuff, though!

• Like 1

Sorry guys! I honestly didn't know Which section I was in! Sorry!

I've got it in my heart to forgive, forget, and to totally let this slide.

I'm happy for you Hector! I know how much this meant to you.

• Like 2

It's really not a spoiler. They have not been playing this in regular rotation. If they play it again, it would be a shocker. They did it for the hometown crowd on a filming night. Unless you plan on inventing a time travel device and going to this show in the past, it's not a spoiler. If by some highly unlikely chance they whip this out again later in the tour, it will be a total surprise to everyone, so it's still not a spoiler. If you're planning on not knowing til you watch the DVD, then you had better get a test copy in a plain white envelope, because all the songs will be listed somewhere on the packaging. If you are so hell bent on avoiding spoilers, STAY OFF INTERNET RUSH FAN FORUMS! Honestly--I totally understand why some people hate spoilers, but if you do, and you decide to visit any site like this one, I have to seriously question your judgment. Only a dumbass comes here thinking Rush fans will not blab, or that they'll all worry what someone else wants to avoid reading.
  • Like 7

Still dont see what the big deal is with this song rather they play Digital Man

I also not a huge fan of Losing It and very much a fan of DM, but heres a couple of reasons...

Sentimental in lyric and music, as they rush towards full tour retirement

Never played live before

Electric violin, only Rush song to feature this as a lead instrument

Guest performer, only time on a lead instrument, with a solo

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 3

I have read interviews with Geddy where he admits as much... says they know of the major fan forums and take those things under consideration. The level of consideration appears to be pretty high when you think about some of the songs they have put into the past few tours .

All that said, while I completely teared up watching the concert video of Losing It, I am resigned to the fact that I won't be seeing it at my next show in July. I don't see them taking Ben Mink on the road with them and figure this was a Toronto only thing. Here's to me being wrong, though!

• Like 1

I have read interviews with Geddy where he admits as much... says they know of the major fan forums and take those things under consideration. The level of consideration appears to be pretty high when you think about some of the songs they have put into the past few tours .

Is that true?

In that case.....

http://www.wpclipart.com/holiday/halloween/witch/witches_5/witch_with_warts_flying.png

hunter_holds_his_eye_to_the_scope_of_his_gun_while_sitting_on_tree1.jpg

Take the hint.

:)

Edited by fraroc

Did Geddy look sad as he announced the song? Great periscope view. Looked like 4th row.

Does anyone think Ray may have master marketing plan at work here? Release the live version as a single when they are with "The Industry" next week in "The City"... have Ged do a couple radio interviews in NY and LA, heck, even let a couple stations broadcast it live from NY and LA, if those rumors are true.

Getting some radio airplay...The songs style could show the band in a completely new light for the casual fans (especially the ladies!) that only know TomS or SoR.

• Like 2