• A Show of Hands
    • Different Stages
    • Rush in Rio
    • R30
    • Snakes and Arrows Live
    • Time Machine Tour: Live in Cleveland
    • Clockwork Angels Tour
    • Bootleg (Please specify)

Rush in Rio for me. Sounds live and the energy is top notch.

Among the officially released live albums I have to agree with you for all the reasons stated. Much as I love ATWAS and Different Stages (and, to a lessor extent, S & A live) it's Rush in Rio for me as well.

That being said, I did not vote Rush in Rio. I am voting for a boot.

Since I am visiting my parents I don't have my Rush CD's handy and I can not remember the title of the boot (that sound you hear is my teeth grinding in frustration). Its something about / like "A Desert Passage". Don't think that's it however.

It was recorded in Phoenix AZ on the Hemispheres tour. If I remember correctly the set list includes the following:

Cygnus X-1

Hemispheres

Closer to the Heart

By-Tor

Circumstances

Something 4 Nothing

Working Man

Xanadau

La Villa

The Trees

I want to say that Anthem may be on the set list as well. Plus I think there was a drum solo.

It was clearly a general admission concert and on 2 occasions Geddy has to ask the crowd to stop pushing forward. The 2nd time he has to say something like "Listen, if you don't move back the show is over. The stage is starting to tilt and if you keep pushing forward its going to go over, the show will be over, a lot of folks will be hurt and it will be a big bummer. So you all have to take a couple of steps back, their are people drowning in a sea of humanity. So MOVE BACK. (pause) Do your people speak english?? MOVE BACK!!"

Rare to hear Rush really talking to the crowd other than a sort of standard "hello, we have a lot of songs to play for you. Our next song is...". With an eventual "Thanks for seeing us, hope to see you again" so Geddy telling the crowd to move back is unusual and interesting. The crowd is really into the show. Plus what a set list from 1978 / 1979 Rush!!!

Any body else familiar with / remember this boot??? Anybody else have it???

• Like 1

Among the officially released live albums I have to agree with you for all the reasons stated. Much as I love ATWAS and Different Stages (and, to a lessor extent, S & A live) it's Rush in Rio for me as well.

Since I am visiting my parents I don't have my Rush CD's handy and I can not remember the title of the boot (that sound you hear is my teeth grinding in frustration). Its something about / like "A Desert Passage". Don't think that's it however.

It was recorded in Phoenix AZ on the Hemispheres tour. If I remember correctly the set list includes the following:

Cygnus X-1

Hemispheres

Closer to the Heart

By-Tor

Circumstances

Something 4 Nothing

Working Man

Xanadau

La Villa

The Trees

I want to say that Anthem may be on the set list as well. Plus I think there was a drum solo.

It was clearly a general admission concert and on 2 occasions Geddy has to ask the crowd to stop pushing forward. The 2nd time he has to say something like "Listen, if you don't move back the show is over. The stage is starting to tilt and if you keep pushing forward its going to go over, the show will be over, a lot of folks will be hurt and it will be a big bummer. So you all have to take a couple of steps back, their are people drowning in a sea of humanity. So MOVE BACK. (pause) Do your people speak english?? MOVE BACK!!"

Rare to hear Rush really talking to the crowd other than a sort of standard "hello, we have a lot of songs to play for you. Our next song is...". With an eventual "Thanks for seeing us, hope to see you again" so Geddy telling the crowd to move back is unusual and interesting. The crowd is really into the show. Plus what a set list from 1978 / 1979 Rush!!!

A Desert Passage is right...October, 20 1978. I love the boots from this tour, A Farewell to Frankfurt/Black Forest is another great one.

That boot is actually from Tucson, and not Phoenix- November 20, 1978 is the date I have for it.

But yeah, the point is, it's a great one.

• Like 1

Cygnus X-1

Hemispheres

Closer to the Heart

By-Tor

Circumstances

Something 4 Nothing

Working Man

Xanadau

La Villa

The Trees

• Like 1

That boot is actually from Tucson, and not Phoenix- November 20, 1978 is the date I have for it.

Thanks for the date correction. Buenos Nuches (no attempt at correct spelling) Motor City is another great one from this awesome tour.

• Like 1

Thanks for the date correction. Buenos Nuches (no attempt at correct spelling) Motor City is another great one from this awesome tour.

Indeed!

Now, if only we were to find out that there is a good-quality video document of a show from that tour...

:drool:

It is really hard to vote for something other than All The World's A Stage, but I love the bootleg "Universe Divided" ( May 29th 1979 )

Geddy's best bass ever ... ( the bass in Grand Finale is out of this world great - 1hr 30 min mark )

Cygnus X-1

Hemispheres

Closer to the Heart

By-Tor

Circumstances

Something 4 Nothing

Working Man

Xanadau

La Villa

The Trees

yes, A Desert Passage is from Nov 20th 1978 - prime time .... Great show, great set list ... but of the versions I'd heard, Universe Divided has more balls to the recording

Many bootlegs are better than any one professionally produced live show cd/dvd.

Among them (all in my opinion of course):

Black Forest 1979

Anaheim 1981

Cool Under Pressure 1984

Birmingham 1988

Hartford 1990

Big Money Meets The Big Apple 1991