New Iron Maiden album - Book of Souls

I would say there is probably more demand in the US for Maiden simply because their tours here of late have been sparser. They rarely play the southern United States. Rush's touring of the States has always been generous and widespread, tour after tour after tour.

Globally I think Maiden is a bigger band. Globally Maiden may be one of the biggest acts on the planet....even still.

Edited by Presto-digitation

For ALL SIRIUS FANS-

For one week, Iron Maiden takes complete control of SiriusXM's Liquid Metal! Tune in to hear all the songs from their new album, The Book of Souls (out September 4), plus Maiden classics, concerts and stories from the guys themselves. Vocalist Bruce Dickinson is set to launch the channel takeover at "Two Minutes to Midnight" (11:58pm ET) tonight, August 31.

Wtf...I was banned from the Dream Theater forum just for posting " the new Maiden album has leaked"...not even a link!

Wow that's really stupid.

Lmao, you were banned just for that.

Wtf.

Wtf...I was banned from the Dream Theater forum just for posting " the new Maiden album has leaked"...not even a link!

Wow that's really stupid.

Lmao, you were banned just for that.

Wtf.

Apparently I'm not banned forever, just suspended until the album is released. But I don't intend on coming back.

I think there are two groups of Maiden fans: one that thinks that their best stuff was made in 1981-1985 (classic sound) period and the second who including myself prefer SiT, SSoaSS and recent albums (more progressive sound). There are also some lunatics that think 90's albums were the best. :crazy:

I'm definitely in the former group. Probably because I started listening to them in 1982! :codger:

Old Maiden good. New Maiden bad. Bring back Paul Di'Anno.

For ALL SIRIUS FANS-

For one week, Iron Maiden takes complete control of SiriusXM's Liquid Metal! Tune in to hear all the songs from their new album, The Book of Souls (out September 4), plus Maiden classics, concerts and stories from the guys themselves. Vocalist Bruce Dickinson is set to launch the channel takeover at "Two Minutes to Midnight" (11:58pm ET) tonight, August 31.

That's pretty cool!

I think there are two groups of Maiden fans: one that thinks that their best stuff was made in 1981-1985 (classic sound) period and the second who including myself prefer SiT, SSoaSS and recent albums (more progressive sound). There are also some lunatics that think 90's albums were the best. :crazy:

I'm definitely in the former group. Probably because I started listening to them in 1982! :codger:

yeah, I guess I am in the former as well (though I would extend that period to include 1986) - I saw them on Powerslave and Somewhere in Time tours. :codger: It's not for lack of trying, but the new stuff is just not doing it for me. :scared:

My take on Maiden´s output: 1978-1988 - 100% jaw-dropping awesomeness; 1990 - 1994 - still cool, but dated and in need of a break; 1995-1999 - horrible, a pastiche of their former output; 2000-present day - nothing original, with ups and downs in each album.

The beginning of the title track is classic Gers, VERY similar to The Talisman. The middle riff sounds like The Pilgrim.

And it has elements of Rime of the Ancient Mariner as well.

Cool! I'm going to listen on my way to work tomorrow! :haz:

The beginning of the title track is classic Gers, VERY similar to The Talisman. The middle riff sounds like The Pilgrim.

You must have a long drive into work then :LOL:

My copy hasn't arrived yet. :wtf:

Don't worry Duck, mine arrived 3 days early.

Amazon suck! :rage:

I got mine by preordering with my local music shop.

It's a 35 minute walk.... one way! :)

If you walk home, you'll be able to hear most of it then.

I wonder where this album ranks in longest studio albums ever released?

If you walk home, you'll be able to hear most of it then.

I wonder where this album ranks in longest studio albums ever released?

Still behind Joe's Garage and All Things Must Pass