New Iron Maiden album - Book of Souls

I'm surprised they're releasing one so soon. Can't wait since I loved The Final Frontier. It's the album that introduced me to Iron Maiden so I'm very excited about the new release

So soon?

Isn't it five years since the last album?

• Like 2

I'm surprised they're releasing one so soon. Can't wait since I loved The Final Frontier. It's the album that introduced me to Iron Maiden so I'm very excited about the new release

So soon?

I wasn't expecting it to be so soon after an announcement. I was expecting like November or January

• Like 2

So soon?

I wasn't expecting it to be so soon after an announcement. I was expecting like November or January

Aaah!

I didn't know anything about a new album until today to be honest.

It's good they're releasing it when they are. It's a long album that will no doubt take the fans time to get to know before they tour.

Maiden does like to play the new stuff.

A lot of people would bitch about this. I'm not one of them

• Like 1

It's good they're releasing it when they are. It's a long album that will no doubt take the fans time to get to know before they tour.

Maiden does like to play the new stuff.

A lot of people would bitch about this. I'm not one of them

Maiden of the noughties is equal to Maiden of the eighties. Maybe even superior in places.

I would want to see the modern stuff live!

• Like 1

So, excited for this. They have been on the top of their game since BNW and have showed no signs of declining musically at all. I have no doubt that greatness will be plentiful on this album.

Bruce wrote an 18 minute song? Wow! He's a great songwriter but I never would have guessed he would write something that long on his own without help from Steve or Adrian. Looking forward to what that will sound like.

I'm sure Harris and H had plenty of input.

That's awesome. I jumped on the boat with 7th Son. Its been a long time. FF was a cracker. Really since Bruce and H got back with them they've been riding a hot streak. Each album seems better than the previous. I am still getting to grips with AMOLAD such a huge and dense album. I'm hoping this new one will be a cross between that and FF as the latter was so deep and stylistically heavy and FF is so listener friendly. Really its right up there for Powerslave for me. Not quite there, maybe as good as Somewhere in Time or Killers.

• Like 1

New Nightwish, Toto, Paradise Lost, Lacuna Coil preparing new material and now Iron Maiden all in one year?

2015 is simply too good to be true!

I dont know about the others but that Toto is good. Decent. Its no Seventh One or Hydra but its at least as good as Tambu or IV. Just wish they hadnt squashed it. Listened to it in the truck, sounded great then listened to it on phones and OMFG. People say that CA sounds bad should hear this one.

• Like 1

I'm not sure about the artwork it looks a bit weak, there's not a lot to it, and what the hell is Eddie doing, going African?? And it sort of reminds me of the X-Factor.

It couldn't be any worse than DoD. But yeah it does look a bit naff.

I suppose one thing in it's favour is that Eddie looks more like Eddie again.

• Like 3

I'm not sure about the artwork it looks a bit weak, there's not a lot to it, and what the hell is Eddie doing, going African?? And it sort of reminds me of the X-Factor.

You beat me to it. How DOD passed inspection is beyond me. But that album has one of my all time favorite songs: Paschendale...such a great job of evoking that battlefield from the soldier's perspective. Love it!

• Like 2

I suppose one thing in it's favour is that Eddie looks more like Eddie again.

yeah to tell the truth!!

You beat me to it. How DOD passed inspection is beyond me. But that album has one of my all time favorite songs: Paschendale...such a great job of evoking that battlefield from the soldier's perspective. Love it!

Yeah that album cover is like a bad mock-up cover done by a student in photo shop.

Pure chance I just fired up the same song. Go fookin H. You are the fukn BOSS!!!

New Nightwish, Toto, Paradise Lost, Lacuna Coil preparing new material and now Iron Maiden all in one year?

I dont know about the others but that Toto is good. Decent. Its no Seventh One or Hydra but its at least as good as Tambu or IV. Just wish they hadnt squashed it. Listened to it in the truck, sounded great then listened to it on phones and OMFG. People say that CA sounds bad should hear this one.

If the songs were better i could enjoy it more. So hard with all the filler.

• Like 1

You mean CA or Toto XIV?

• Like 1

I think the new Toto album is really consistent and not much if any filler at all. Seems like they worked and crafted each song and they all stand alone well and flow together as an album as well.