Jump to content


Toronto, ON Periscope Thread - June 17th


493 replies to this topic

#481 mrfriendly

mrfriendly

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:24 PM

You think losing it will also get played in Montreal or just the one show on Friday? Was Ben Mink the only reason they have been waiting so long to play it?

Edit: Another thought came to me… always love FOH's input on everything going in Rush land that he can say but I find it interesting since he was pretty adamant that L.A. would be it forever because of Neil. It seems like these new tour dates rumour has some steam and is probably true. Would love to see what he thinks of that.

Edited by mrfriendly, 18 June 2015 - 07:27 PM.


Sponsored Post

#482 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42280 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:31 PM

View Postcanadianice, on 18 June 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 18 June 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

View Postcanadianice, on 18 June 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 18 June 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 18 June 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

Too bad that every show couldn't be filmed.   It would ease up on the tension and stress for them, and there would be lots to choose from at the end.

The best of the best from The Best!   :)

Yeah that seems to be the way they should go. It can't cost that much to have a show filmed.
Seriously ?

:facepalm:

You don't think Rush is The Best?  How shocking.

P.S.  I put back the emoticon that was originally in my post.
  Did i say that?  You really need to chill a little bit :kisshug:

:smoke:

#483 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5898 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:50 PM

Fine footage of Xanadu here, from last night:



#484 chrisw25

chrisw25

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:22 AM

View Postcygnify, on 18 June 2015 - 10:16 AM, said:

View Postchrisw25, on 18 June 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

On a side note, I ran into production manager Zack Thomas on the break who told me they'll be heading to Australia, New Zealand and Indonesia for shows in the fall and before Christmas.  Yep. Indonesia.  In the new year they'll be back for another leg of North American shows.  So, the DVD will most likely not be released until next year.  That last sentence is my speculation based on Zack's info.

Zach Thomas?  Who is that?  He's not listed in my R40 tourbook as being on the tour crew, SRO staff, or even related to video productions.

Yeah, so the fact I met the guy, he had a laminate on stating who he was with a radio strapped to his belt means absolutely nothing because your tourbook bible tells you so.

#485 chrisw25

chrisw25

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:27 AM

View Postctbadger, on 18 June 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

View Postchrisw25, on 18 June 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

On a side note, I ran into production manager Zack Thomas on the break who told me they'll be heading to Australia, New Zealand and Indonesia for shows in the fall and before Christmas.  Yep. Indonesia.  In the new year they'll be back for another leg of North American shows.  So, the DVD will most likely not be released until next year.  That last sentence is my speculation based on Zack's info.


Interesting. Recently Geddy had mentioned he and his wife had spent several weeks in New Zealand bird watching. OTOH, it's a little hard to believe. How much would it cost to send all that equipment overseas? And travelling between each of the countries would require more ocean shipping. I don't see the cost benefit, unless they pull off some sort of Iron Maiden Flight 666 deal.

So, North American bands never play in Australia or New Zealand because of this? lol

#486 chrisw25

chrisw25

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:31 AM

View Posttheredtamasrule, on 18 June 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

I'll fist a rhino if they play Indonesia.

I will hold you to that.  Remember, proof is required.

#487 chrisw25

chrisw25

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:34 AM

View Postmrfriendly, on 18 June 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

You think losing it will also get played in Montreal or just the one show on Friday? Was Ben Mink the only reason they have been waiting so long to play it?

Edit: Another thought came to me… always love FOH's input on everything going in Rush land that he can say but I find it interesting since he was pretty adamant that L.A. would be it forever because of Neil. It seems like these new tour dates rumour has some steam and is probably true. Would love to see what he thinks of that.

Any chance someone can start a 'Losing It' thread so those who couldn't give a flying f*** about this song don't have to read the same "Ya think they'll play Losing It' posts?

Edited by chrisw25, 19 June 2015 - 06:52 AM.


#488 yyz305

yyz305

    Restless Young Rushmantic

  • Members
  • 75 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia
  • Interests:Music
    Cricket

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:50 AM

View Postchrisw25, on 19 June 2015 - 06:27 AM, said:

View Postctbadger, on 18 June 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

View Postchrisw25, on 18 June 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

On a side note, I ran into production manager Zack Thomas on the break who told me they'll be heading to Australia, New Zealand and Indonesia for shows in the fall and before Christmas.  Yep. Indonesia.  In the new year they'll be back for another leg of North American shows.  So, the DVD will most likely not be released until next year.  That last sentence is my speculation based on Zack's info.


Interesting. Recently Geddy had mentioned he and his wife had spent several weeks in New Zealand bird watching. OTOH, it's a little hard to believe. How much would it cost to send all that equipment overseas? And travelling between each of the countries would require more ocean shipping. I don't see the cost benefit, unless they pull off some sort of Iron Maiden Flight 666 deal.

So, North American bands never play in Australia or New Zealand because of this? lol

Hey, I'm from Australia and I was recently wearing my Snakes and Arrows World Tour T Shirt. A lady asked me "Who's RUSH, and when did they play here last?" I replied by saying that they have never played here and that they usually only play North America and sometimes South America and Europe. Her response was "How can that be called a World Tour?

She's got a point - come to Australia - please!!!

Edited by yyz305, 19 June 2015 - 07:54 AM.


#489 ctbadger

ctbadger

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 303 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:02 AM

View Postchrisw25, on 19 June 2015 - 06:27 AM, said:

View Postctbadger, on 18 June 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

View Postchrisw25, on 18 June 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

On a side note, I ran into production manager Zack Thomas on the break who told me they'll be heading to Australia, New Zealand and Indonesia for shows in the fall and before Christmas.  Yep. Indonesia.  In the new year they'll be back for another leg of North American shows.  So, the DVD will most likely not be released until next year.  That last sentence is my speculation based on Zack's info.


Interesting. Recently Geddy had mentioned he and his wife had spent several weeks in New Zealand bird watching. OTOH, it's a little hard to believe. How much would it cost to send all that equipment overseas? And travelling between each of the countries would require more ocean shipping. I don't see the cost benefit, unless they pull off some sort of Iron Maiden Flight 666 deal.

So, North American bands never play in Australia or New Zealand because of this? lol

I didn't say that. It's just expensive, and I can't see doing it for just a few shows for it to be financially worthwhile. But what do I know...

#490 canadianice

canadianice

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2964 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Stoney Creek, Ontario

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:56 AM

View Posttoymaker, on 18 June 2015 - 07:50 PM, said:

Fine footage of Xanadu here, from last night:


  How sweet it was    :rush:

#491 Christo

Christo

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sydney, Australia

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:11 PM

I think we can put the rumor of Rush touring Australia to bed - ain't gonna happen, sorry. There were talks that did happen with an Australian promoter but the money being asked for by Rush meant a tour wasn't going to be economically feasible. Since those negotiations happened the Australian dollar has fallen against the greenback making it even LESS likely.

Frankly I'm surprised there were discussions at all.

But that's ok - I'm flying from Sydney to see the final show in LA, so after 30 years of being a fan from afar I'll finally get to see Rush play live. Can't wait!

#492 yyz305

yyz305

    Restless Young Rushmantic

  • Members
  • 75 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia
  • Interests:Music
    Cricket

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:40 PM

View PostChristo, on 19 June 2015 - 04:11 PM, said:

I think we can put the rumor of Rush touring Australia to bed - ain't gonna happen, sorry. There were talks that did happen with an Australian promoter but the money being asked for by Rush meant a tour wasn't going to be economically feasible. Since those negotiations happened the Australian dollar has fallen against the greenback making it even LESS likely.

Frankly I'm surprised there were discussions at all.

But that's ok - I'm flying from Sydney to see the final show in LA, so after 30 years of being a fan from afar I'll finally get to see Rush play live. Can't wait!

You'll love it. I saw them at the Air Canada Centre in 2002. Worth every cent to get there and see them. Such a shame they never toured here - there are a lot of followers...

#493 ljr869

ljr869

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 105 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:92028

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:24 PM

They'll go to Australia if they want to lose money.  To make a trip like that even remotely worthwhile it would have to be an entire SE Asia tour.

#494 Robber Soul

Robber Soul

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:28 AM

What a great show last night.  They really rocked it and left nothing on the table.  Much tighter and a lot more energy than on Wednesday.  If this was the last opportunity for me to see they live, what a lasting memory if will leave.  I can't see how they could top it.  And Losing It... wow!  Fantastic.



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users