Neil a phony??

nicky6

Phony, no. Ignorant, yes.

No, he finally grew up.

Exactly.

Randian politics are for middle class adolescent teenagers. Not men.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

• Like 1

Phony, no. Ignorant, yes.

That's just your biased opinion because you are a Rand Paul fanboi.

Me, I doff my cap to Mr Peart for the first time in a long time. Good on him.

Now we know why he avoids the fan base like the plague - they're all Randian psychopaths devoid of humanity.

I think the problem some of us are having has to do with how Mr. Peart expressed his politics. Not agreeing with Mr. Paul's politics is one thing, but to state, "he obviously hates woman and brown people" is lazy and uninformed. Mr. Peart is expressing his politics with talking points. Uninformed talking points. By the way, I'm not a fan of either Rand.

How do you know his opinion is uninformed?

Because Rand Paul doesn't hate brown people and women. Again, disagree with the role of government in people's lives, but avoid the ad hominem attacks. It's easy to accuse those you disagree with as racists and misogynists. It's a lazy spoon fed argument. Some think charity can work without government intervention and not be about hating brown people and women.

How can you say unequivocally that Rand Paul does not dislike brown people and women?

His work in Guatemala suggests otherwise.
  • Like 4

Now we know why he avoids the fan base like the plague - they're all Randian psychopaths devoid of humanity.

Really, psychopaths? Some people are expressing disappointment from quotes in an article. Psychopaths?

Being quoted out of context has been mentioned a few times. With all the media we have today and the focus on the tour facilitating interviews I hope Peart's quotes will be pressed.

The writer crafts the quote, for sure, and adds/removes context to shape a narrative. Neil probably read the quote and rolled his eyes...

He should have just said RUSH is more popular than Jesus.

Well, Neil has been quoted calling Paul McCartney a whore, which is equally as inflammatory and uninformed as the Rand Paul quote. Nobody jumped off the bus then.

Lighten up, folks....Neil is human and as prone to saying stupid things as any of us. (And no, I'm not a Rand Paul supporter, but I do think that quote, at least in the context it was presented, was unfortunate.)

Well, Neil has been quoted calling Paul McCartney a whore, which is equally as inflammatory and uninformed as the Rand Paul quote. Nobody jumped off the bus then.

Lighten up, folks....Neil is human and as prone to saying stupid things as any of us. (And no, I'm not a Rand Paul supporter, but I do think that quote, at least in the context it was presented, was unfortunate.)

John Lennon repeatedly called Paul McCartney a fame whore. Was he uninformed and stupid too?

What's this thing with you Americans and "what I think I believe" that is so ingrained in your tiny minds that you automatically think other people are similarly deluded?

Read the instructions before opening mouth (or arse in your case).

John Lennon repeatedly called Paul McCartney a fame whore. Was he uninformed and stupid too?

What's this thing with you Americans and "what I think I believe" that is so ingrained in your tiny minds that you automatically think other people are similarly deluded?

Am I deluded to think you're a snob?

Probably not.

But if you decide that I am not some time in the future does that make you a hypocrite?

Does anyone think he'll be pressed on these political quotes by reporters along the tour, for more context?

In this day and age, yes. He has to know there's a bit of a backlash.

He doesn't do interviews once the tour starts, does he?

Probably not.

But if you decide that I am not some time in the future does that make you a hypocrite?

I don't know. Can my tiny American mind comprehend it?

Does anyone think he'll be pressed on these political quotes by reporters along the tour, for more context?

In this day and age, yes. He has to know there's a bit of a backlash.

He doesn't do interviews once the tour starts, does he?

I could be wrong but I thought he has been speaking with reporters while on tour. I'd welcome him to elaborate further.

Probably not.

I'll get you a big book with pictures and occasional bits of big writing in it if you wish.

Probably not.

I'll get you a big book with pictures and occasional bits of big writing in it if you wish.

Will you read it to me at bedtime? Maybe it will help me with my reading comprehension.

Probably not.

Will you read it to me at bedtime? Maybe it will help me with my reading comprehension.

You're not my Uncle Herbert are you?

������

That explains a lot.

Probably not.

������

That explains a lot.

Uncle Herb! When did you get out?

Probably not.

������

That explains a lot.

Uncle Herb! When did you get out?

Role playing? Hmmm...

I'm sure that tons of tickets will get dumped onto Stubhub because of this egregious misstatement.

Waiting, not yet. Still waiting, not yet. Hmm, maybe it won't happen.

Is there a rule somewhere that every time a rock star opens his mouth in an interview that he must not offend anyone? Ged dropped a bunch of F bombs in the interview... are the thought police starting a shameful thread about that?

If you're upset about Neil's opinions, you really don't understand Rush. They've been doing what they want and saying what they want for years. And now at this point, they really don't give a F if you don't like it. So pull your panties out of your crack and get over it.

• Like 5

http://billmoyers.com/2014/04/11/rand-pauls-racial-blind-spot/

It's easy to google and find out that Neil was being honest about Rand Paul's race problem. He's hired numerous white supremist a to work on his staff.

His policies would strip minorities of their rights and freedoms.

It always cracks me up when people get so upset and disavow Rush because they support empathy for other human beings. They care that people have health care, education, protection from those destroying the environment. That they support women's rights, gay rights, and minority rights.

It's as if some people would be happy if he came out in favor of killing the homeless and "brown" people.

Whacky world we live in!

Edited by Running Rebel
  • Like 4

I'm sure that tons of tickets will get dumped onto Stubhub because of this egregious misstatement.

Waiting, not yet. Still waiting, not yet. Hmm, maybe it won't happen.

Is there a rule somewhere that every time a rock star opens his mouth in an interview that he must not offend anyone? Ged dropped a bunch of F bombs in the interview... are the thought police starting a shameful thread about that?

If you're upset about Neil's opinions, you really don't understand Rush. They've been doing what they want and saying what they want for years. And now at this point, they really don't give a F if you don't like it. So pull your panties out of your crack and get over it.

Indeed,

Neil may be a knobhead, an introvert, an asshole, maybe even on the autistic spectrum.

He can certainly play the drums and that is what I buy my ticket to see.

• Like 2