CA Album Battle: Results!

Segue Myles

So, now we have completed the journey, these are the current results:

Part One: CA vs. The Seventies

Round One: CA vs. Rush (43 current votes)

Winner: CLOCKWORK ANGELS (72.09%)

Loser: Rush (27.91%)

Round Two: CA vs. Fly By Night (45 current votes)

Winner: CLOCKWORK ANGELS (68.89%)

Loser: Fly By Night (31.11%)

Round Three: CA vs. Caress Of Steel (44 current votes)

Winner: CLOCKWORK ANGELS (56.82%)

Loser: Caress Of Steel (43.18%)

Round Four: CA vs. 2112 (38 current votes)

Winner: 2112 (65.79%)

Loser: Clockwork Angels (34.21%)

Round Five: CA vs. A Farewell To Kings (34 current votes)

Winner: A Farewell To Kings (67.65%)

Loser: Clockwork Angels (32.35%)

Round Six: CA vs. Hemispheres (32 current votes)

Winner: Hemispheres (78.12%)

Loser: Clockwork Angels (21.88%)

CA's standing against the

seventies releases is as follows:

7: Rush

6: Fly By Night

5. Caress Of Steel

4. Clockwork Angels

3. 2112

2. A Farewell To Kings

1. Hemispheres

SUBJECT TO CHANGE

• Like 3

7: Rush

6: Fly By Night

5. Caress Of Steel

4. Clockwork Angels

3. 2112

2. A Farewell To Kings

1. Hemispheres

This was exactly as I had it placed, too, among the seventies releases- 1, 2, and 3 here beat it, and 5, 6, and 7 lost to it.

Thanks, everybody! I'm glad you all agree with me! :LOL:

• Like 2

Part Two: The Eighties

Round Seven: CA vs. Permanent Waves (36 current votes)

Winner: Permanent Waves (88.89%)

Loser: Clockwork Angels (11.11%)

Round Eight: CA vs. Moving Pictures (39 current votes)

Winner: Moving Pictures (84.62%)

Loser: Clockwork Angels (15.38%)

Round Nine: CA vs. Signals (44 current votes)

Winner: Signals (68.18%)

Loser: Clockwork Angels (31.82%)

Round Ten: CA vs. Grace Under Pressure (43 current votes)

Winner: Grace Under Pressure (53.49%)

Loser: Clockwork Angels (46.51%)

Round Eleven: CA vs. Power Windows (43 current votes)

Winner: Power Windows (60.47%)

Loser: Clockwork Angels (39.53%)

Round Twelve: CA vs. Hold Your Fire (39 current votes)

Winner: CLOCKWORK ANGELS (66.67%)

Loser: Hold Your Fire (33.33%)

Round Thirteen: CA vs. Presto (39 current votes)

Loser: Presto (33.33%)

eighties releases is as follows:

=8: Hold Your Fire

Presto

6. Clockwork Angels

5. Grace Under Pressure

4. Power Windows

3. Signals

2. Moving Pictures

1. Permanent Waves

SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

Wow...low turnout. This poll isn't a good snapshot. We need more participation.

It was a public poll, plenty had a share, this is as good a snapshot as it gets.

• Like 1

Part Three: CA vs. The Nineties

Round Fourteen: CA vs. Roll The Bones (35 current votes)

Winner: CLOCKWORK ANGELS (80%)

Loser: Roll The Bones (20%)

Round Fifteen: CA vs. Counterparts (36 current votes)

Loser: Counterparts (33.33%)

Round Sixteen: CA vs. Test For Echo (31 current votes)

Winner: CLOCKWORK ANGELS (77.42%)

Loser: Test For Echo (22.58%)

nineties releases is as follows:

4: Roll The Bones

3. Test For Echo

2. Counterparts

1. Clockwork Angels

SUBJECT TO CHANGE

• Like 1

It's gonna finish around 10th or so which I guess is about right. That other poll that was done (the least glorious) it finished 12th. I would have it behind Caress Of Steel and Fly By Night for sure and that would place it about 12th again. Whatever I guess. It's not top 10 in my view in the entire catalog but hey its just my opinion...
  • Like 2

It was a public poll, plenty had a share, this is as good a snapshot as it gets.

Right. Especially in this ghetto section. We had more participation when polls were in the Rush subforum. But folks complained about polls clogging that section up. :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Part Four: CA vs. The Noughties

Round Seventeen: CA vs. Vapor Trails (including the 2013 remix) (25 current votes)

Winner: CLOCKWORK ANGELS (84%)

Loser: Vapor Trails (16%)

Round Eighteen: CA vs. Feedback (14 current votes)

Winner: CLOCKWORK ANGELS (100%)

Loser: Feedback (0%)

Round Nineteen: CA vs. Snakes And Arrows (21 current votes)

Winner: CLOCKWORK ANGELS (76.19%)

Loser:Snakes And Arrows (23.81%)

noughties releases is as follows:

4. Feedback

3. Vapor Trails

2. Snakes And Arrows

1. Clockwork Angels

SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Right. Especially in this ghetto section. We had more participation when polls were in the Rush subforum. But folks complained about polls clogging that section up. :)

Yea party poop-ers destroyed polls damn them!!!!!! They were a blast in the poll ghetto days. don't care what anyone says.

Mick

• Like 3

In spite of all our efforts, some still like to insist we are all wrong. Triple the votes, I truly doubt this is going to be a top five album amongst the entire spectrum of fans.

• Like 2

In spite of all our efforts, some still like to insist we are all wrong. Triple the votes, I truly doubt this is going to be a top five album amongst the entire spectrum of fans.

Remember the two guys that came by here in the early part of this year and started to poll each album to see how they rated? That was done in the Rush subforum, and I believe CA came in somewhere between ten and fifteen. The polls are here now in this Feedback section. I'll go double-check to see how it did.

• Like 2

Based on my voting in these recent polls, it ranks at number seven, for me. And I am one of its staunchest supporters, I think (Tombstone, LABT, and x1yyz all trump me, I think, but still)...top five amongst us all, I guess it is not.

• Like 1

Remember the two guys that came by here in the early part of this year and started to poll each album to see how they rated? That was done in the Rush subforum, and I believe CA came in somewhere between ten and fifteen. The polls are here now in this Feedback section. I'll go double-check to see how it did.

This just goes to show that all the CA fanboism that turned quite nasty a few weeks back against many (not that they cared to notice) truly is a case of the minority spoiling it for the majority.

• Like 1

CA was DESTROYED, lol

TM will tell ya otherwise though, lol ;) :LOL:

Mick

• Like 1

Based on my voting in these recent polls, it ranks at number seven, for me. And I am one of its staunchest supporters, I think (Tombstone, LABT, and x1yyz all trump me, I think, but still)...top five amongst us all, I guess it is not.

There is nothing wrong with rating any Rush album highly, it is how you do it, and whether or not you are receptive and supportive of others opinions towards it. This poll was fun, and your frequent open minded conversation, as well as other those of other major CA fans, truly made this a pleasure.

And I will be frank, the rather enjoyable discussion in this section ensured that I stay here on this forum, it was getting too abrasive a few weeks back so lets keep the polls coming and have fun!

• Like 3

There is nothing wrong with rating any Rush album highly, it is how you do it, and whether or not you are receptive and supportive of others opinions towards it. This poll was fun, and your frequent open minded conversation, as well as other those of other major CA fans, truly made this a pleasure.

And I will be frank, the rather enjoyable discussion in this section ensured that I stay here on this forum, it was getting too abrasive a few weeks back so lets keep the polls coming and have fun!

Atta boy Segue. You can't break up our double act. it infuriates to many, lol

Mick

• Like 1

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/audience-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 2

Atta boy Segue. You can't break up our double act. it infuriates to many, lol

Mick

We need to find that thread of ours, or both start a Toto marathon at the same time!