Tony Macalpine gear stolen In Austin TX

Xanadoood

Can Ibanez not just replace his endorsed models?

I doubt any artist plays their sig model exactly as is. I could be wrong though.

Actually it appears that the whole band's gear was stolen, the entire drum kit, amps, basses, pedal boards and guitars. Including stuff that wasn't necessarily endorsed.

Can Ibanez not just replace his endorsed models?

I doubt any artist plays their sig model exactly as is. I could be wrong though.

Actually it appears that the whole band's gear was stolen, the entire drum kit, amps, basses, pedal boards and guitars. Including stuff that wasn't necessarily endorsed.

Yeah, I read that. Not sure what their security was. I remember when my bands gear was all stolen from my apartment back in '86. We checked pawn shops for a couple weeks but never found anything. A couple of years ago I actually found a guitar on line that was pretty close to the one I had back then and bought it. I love those mid-80s ibanez guitars. Great necks and fretboards. Smooth like butter.

• Like 1

That sucks but why would anyone park such a trailer in way that someone could access it? Could it not have been parked with restricted access to the door (another vehicle or building as blocker)? With that much gear inside why would it not be attended at all times? Somebody dropped the ball on this one. That's a lot of gear.
  • Like 1

That sucks but why would anyone park such a trailer in way that someone could access it? Could it not have been parked with restricted access to the door (another vehicle or building as blocker)? With that much gear inside why would it not be attended at all times? Somebody dropped the ball on this one. That's a lot of gear.

No kidding. Someone should've been watching the gear at all times.

That's a tough break. Smart crooks, though. How long would it take to unload a trailer like that? And how could you do it so quietly?

ETA: https://www.guitar.com/articles/be-lookout-tony-macalpines-stolen-gear

Our friend Tony MacAlpine and his band had their entire trailer worth of band gear ripped off after a show in Austin, Texas, on June 11. The band is in the midst of a U.S. tour and has dates almost every night for the next two weeks, which they will now be forced to play on borrowed gear.

Edited by goose

Man...I've played many gigs in Austin, but never had anything like that happen. To be fair, I had the benefit of living in Austin, so our gear was never stored in a hotel parking lot after a gig...it all went straight back to our homes.

Man...I've played many gigs in Austin, but never had anything like that happen. To be fair, I had the benefit of living in Austin, so our gear was never stored in a hotel parking lot after a gig...it all went straight back to our homes.

Can you play like Tony?? This could be your chance to fill in for him. Practice your scales tonight and you'll ready for tomorrow!

Edited by treeduck

Can you play like Tony??

Not even close! He's light years ahead of me as far as technique goes.

Can you play like Tony??

Not even close! He's light years ahead of me as far as technique goes.

Well maybe you can oudo him on the piano, you could challenge him to a classical cutting heads contest, I bet you could cream him in a battle of Chopin preludes and etudes!!

http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/p/piano_man-1262.gif