The Official LeStudio Thread

YYZ Working Man

Moving Pictures This album!! People say its overrated and I can't hear what they're saying because I have Neil Peart's badass drum fills banging away in my ears. Still amazes me that a 3 piece band could produce such a formidable wall of sound and Moving Pictures captured Rush while they were all peaking musically and artistically.

The air must have been electric in Le Studio, Quebec throughout October and November 1980 - Imagine if those walls could talk...

Opening bid at Public auction this Wednesday june 17 is 18,0000...Save LeStudio. Secred grounds for all Rush Fans ..

• Like 5

Well it didnt sell, and the developer paid the back taxes... This actually happens every year but this year there was alot of hope and wonder if Rush would buy it given the tour and all. Also Richard baxter had a campaign to try and save it .. it is still standing -pending total demolition at any time .. Hopefully this summer i can get up there again to visit ...

Well it didnt sell, and the developer paid the back taxes... This actually happens every year but this year there was alot of hope and wonder if Rush would buy it given the tour and all. Also Richard baxter had a campaign to try and save it .. it is still standing -pending total demolition at any time .. Hopefully this summer i can get up there again to visit ...

What kind of condition is it in??

What kind of condition is it in??

Total shithole at this point. Too far gone to rebuild. Even Al admitted in a recent interview that rebuilding it as a studio wouldn't be financially viable. So unless someone with some extra cash wants a big souvenier, then it's a lost cause.

I wouldn't want to buy the property and rebuild something else because of the goofy Rushheads needing to visit the holyland.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

Thanks Mr JD -Enjoy your Lestudio sign looks awesome man- Perfect for your collection -let me know if anyone you know needs one.

Thank you! It looks great in my office. What a great souvenir of my "Rush Vacation" to Canada. Visiting the site was almost a spiritual experience for my daughter and I. We'll never forget it!

• Like 1

On any further research is it still standing I'm flying to Quebec in two weeks to visit family and I am definitely going to take a look before its demolished.....

I'm sure with the right people and some favours it could be

Rebuilt. And you have a Rush exhibit for all those goofy Rush heads!!!! Lol

• Like 1

Merry X-Mas LeStudio... All of us at TRF will cut down the Biggest Beautiful Fraser Fir and set it up so it sticks through the broken sky light and decorate it and sing Closer to the heart !!!!!!

:goodone:

Closer to heeeeeaaaarrrt YAY!!! :yay:

Edited by rhyv

Merry X-Mas LeStudio... All of us at TRF will cut down the Biggest Beautiful Fraser Fir and set it up so it sticks through the broken sky light and decorate it and sing Closer to the heart !!!!!!

You should pick a different song to sing. Closer To The Heart was recorded at Rockfield Studios.

• Like 2

Then let's gather there at new years, get hammered on scotch outside and make witch hunt noises..! Lol
  • Like 3

Still Standing... boarded up .Unthinkable vandelism last summer... Waiting for part 3 from Lestudio channel-Kevin?

I'm waiting on part 3 too. It is supposed to focus on the music studio portion of the building I think. I wonder what the cost was to board it up. Probably would have been just as cost effective just to tear it down.

If they had any sense they would sell it to someone who would fix it up as a museum or something.

I think at this point it's way beyond fixing up. It would cost a small fortune and its location is kind of out of the way of any real tourism to recoup the costs. It was in bad shape when I visited there last June. I can only imagine what it is like now.

• Like 2